Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 101 to 120 of 295

Joeynator3000

jtt235 wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

So if it hits in August, they must surely be pretty far along in development. Why choose those 4 terrible screenshots? Show me something new and unexpected, Iwata!

i see what you mean i too was hoping for a trailer then a heard an august release date and thought there definatly going to show a trailer. all they did was tell us the name and the only important screenshot was the one with the racoon suit. but it may have not been in development for long because it will use the same controls as the DS version and it looks as though it uses the same character design from the wii version, all they had to do really was design the levels and make a story and there done.

I guess the golden enemies screenshot looks somewhat suspicious, but still doesn't say much. I dunno...maybe it'll turn out to be similar to SMB3...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JustAnotherUser

jtt235 wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

So if it hits in August, they must surely be pretty far along in development. Why choose those 4 terrible screenshots? Show me something new and unexpected, Iwata!

i see what you mean i too was hoping for a trailer then a heard an august release date and thought there definatly going to show a trailer. all they did was tell us the name and the only important screenshot was the one with the racoon suit. but it may have not been in development for long because it will use the same controls as the DS version and it looks as though it uses the same character design from the wii version, all they had to do really was design the levels and make a story and there done.

I hope this is not the case, it would be a shame if it was.
When Nintendo said they were making a new 2D Mario game I was hoping for a Sprite based game.
I'm still happy about this though.

JustAnotherUser

e-love

Nintendo has stated that they want New Super Mario Bros. 2 to set a new standard for 2D Mario games, does that mean they're putting extra attention into this one? I really hope this one is fresh, and has its own identity, if that makes any sense.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

DeMoN-13ruce

wellkid icarus uprising shows us if they spend extra time it's epic

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

CanisWolfred

Duney wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'm more excited for Gamefreak's other RPG, personally (the one not related to Pokemon).

Oooh, which one is that? I didn't know they were developing something other than Pokémon.

Radixxs wrote:

I'm not aware of this game, care to enlighten?

NinGen. It was announced months ago apparently and I didn't know it. It looks really cute if you ask me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

It's lazy because even though the word "new" is in the title, it's far from it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DeMoN-13ruce

if the final game is released we can judge not now
and i like the fact that the raccoon suit is back and maybe wario has some involvement not sure if spelled right.....lol-.- because of the golden enemy's and purple pipes.

Edited on by DeMoN-13ruce

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Chrono_Cross

KaiserGX wrote:

Oh ok... yeah that makes it real lazy. Says "new" on there. Give me some real reasons man.

Considering NSMBW wasn't too different from NSMBDS, I'm assuming aside from the same art style (with no tweaks whatsoever), there will little to nothing new about this New Super Mario Bros. game. I have high expectations for this stale formula.

NintyFan wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 looked lazy at first too.

But in the end it wasn't. Unlike NSMBW.

Just for you.

KaiserGX

I never played any Wario Land games, is that a trademark for the Wario games?

It's not too different? I wonder why I don't like NSMB that much then, but I love the Wii one. They are exactly the same... Galaxy 2 was completely different then the first though though. Different art style, engine, physics, that's why Galaxy 2 is so loved.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

DeMoN-13ruce

it's like mario but with wario wario uses his strength in some cases too break wals etc and he had some powerups too that are funny but there were also some mario land games were wario was there as an boss i hope actualy nintendo makes more wario games they are funny and the gameplay was nice:)

and i hope a warioware for 3ds too those minigames are fun:)

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Chrono_Cross

Galaxy 2 was acceptable because it was totally different from Galaxy 1. (Assuming you're being sarcastic.) Miyamoto also had many ideas he didn't include in the first Galaxy that he wanted to incorporate in the sequel. So basically there was effort put into Galaxy 2 unlike this rehashed crap.

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

KaiserGX wrote:

Oh ok... yeah that makes it real lazy. Says "new" on there. Give me some real reasons man.

It's lazy because it's the 2nd sequel to a game that was already underwhelming for the best video game franchise of all time, and isn't doing much to make it remotely different from that game. I could be wrong (I was with Spirit Tracks) but August...yeah...

And I kinda hate the Wii game. Not that it's bad at all. The multiplayer co-op is in fact a blast. But in single player it becomes quickly obvious that creativity and developers wanting to make a good game was never priority. It was made solely because it would make money. Ok, yeah money should be priority for a company. But it was so obvious, and so much like the marketing team was in charge of it instead of people who actually make video games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JustAnotherUser

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but let's not turn this into a digital flame war.

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

DeMoN-13ruce

if nintendo is smart they make it co op like wii but with online will sell for sure 4 player co op online with mario? hell yeah! but it will also sell without online becuase it's mario:p

edit WHAT! bowser fly pods ok gonna buy the wii version soon!

edit: anyone can you use gamecube sticks with it?

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.