Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 121 to 140 of 295

kkslider5552000

KaiserGX wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

What about Galaxy 2 makes it so different, that doesn't make NSMB different from NSMBW?

You didn't think any of that was creative?

the first 2 were among the more obvious examples of forced aditions of motion controls. They did I guess(?) add to the chaos of co-op, but again, worthless in single player.

The 3rd example is acceptable though. That was cool.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KaiserGX

No you can't use the Gamecube Controller.

Btw Retro that's NSMBW, in case your thinking it's the 3DS one.

Idk if it's forced, I loved that, and that spin! The Copter Power up! Forgot what it's called.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Chrono_Cross

It's not what they did differently (which wasn't much in regards to the New series), it's now a problem that we're getting yet another New entry. It should be called Old Super Mario Bros. 2.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

I actually was willing to give NSMBWii credit for a while because I thought it along with LBP helped bring back the console 2d platformer.

then I realized that a Mario game being successful makes no difference just because it's 2D, while a new IP doing so well despite being a 2d platformer is more impressive and would help convince others that it can still make money. Just a thought...

KaiserGX

What am saying is use another word. They don't simply just port the game and move around tiles to make new levels. The physics was different from the DS one. There's several things that go on into making a game that most people don't even think about. So lazy isn't a word I like seeing used to describe this. Uninspired if you want to say that... not lazy.

Fortune Street didn't sell so well despite having Mario in it.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

kkslider5552000

KaiserGX wrote:

Fortune Street didn't sell so well despite having Mario in it.

That's because no one knew it existed (or when it was released) and it was competing with tons of popular games at the exact same time. Including 2 Mario games.

Exception, not the rule.

Chrono_Cross

Just because Mario is in it doesn't mean it's going to sell. Just look at SSX and that DDR game on the Cube.

Lazy because Nintendo is running out of ideas. Of course NSMBW is a new game (no ones saying it wasn't), it's just we've seen all of this before whether there are new levels or not. The music, the graphics, controls, characters, storyline, Bowser, boring. Including the tanooki tail and the P bar isn't doing the game justice let alone a few new power ups.

Just for you.

retired_account

Chrono_Cross wrote:

So basically there was effort put into Galaxy 2 unlike this rehashed crap.

This rehashed crap which you've personally played and seen lots of gameplay trailers for, right?

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Chrono_Cross

The idea isn't fresh and at this point feels rehashed. But I have high expectations for it since Nintendo likes to put it out there as new so when I get my hands on it I'll pretend it's a new Mario game and treat it like so.

You seem to know a lot about this subject, so please tell what's so new and worthwhile about this title?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

At least 3D Land felt like the developers were trying something new. It at least it seemed more like"ok, let's make another Mario but on our 3D system. What do we do?" and went from there.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii was probably like "ok, we need to release a popular game for the holiday season." And that's it.

pixelman wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

So basically there was effort put into Galaxy 2 unlike this rehashed crap.

This rehashed crap which you've personally played and seen lots of gameplay trailers for, right?

If this wasn't being released so quickly, I'd be willing to believe it could be unexpectedly clever like Spirit Tracks was. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if this does somehow happen though.

CosmoXY

I just don't get how you all can go on bashing and complaining for seven whole pages based on four screenshots. It's going to be alright, everyone just take a deep breath and relax.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

Retro_on_theGo

Duney wrote:

I just don't get how you all can go on bashing and complaining for seven whole pages based on four screenshots. It's going to be alright, everyone just take a deep breath and relax.

It is Mario. I'll probably buy it eventually anyways... deep breath

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

e-love

Like I said before, I wouldn't be so harsh on this game if there wasn't yet ANOTHER 2D Mario game that's happening on Wii U, possibly in the same year. These games pretty much came out of nowhere, just how long do they even spend developing these games? My only hope left is if the 2D Mario on Wii U will not be under the "New Super Mario Bros." name but is different, maybe going with the rumored Super Mario 4 approach. Otherwise, if Nintendo releases two nearly identical New Super Mario Bros. games within the same year, I'm losing it. Why can't they just give Mario a break? If New Super Mario Bros. Wii never happened, and if the Wii U Mario was a new 3D adventure, then New Super Mario Bros. 2 would be perfectly fine, as the original was on DS so it seems natural for there to be a sequel on the next system. Not to mention, there's some nice spacing of years in between the two, 2006 - 2012.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

retired_account

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The idea isn't fresh and at this point feels rehashed. But I have high expectations for it since Nintendo likes to put it out there as new so when I get my hands on it I'll pretend it's a new Mario game and treat it like so.

You seem to know a lot about this subject, so please tell what's so new and worthwhile about this title?

I don't know where you got that idea, but I don't know any more about "this subject" than you, which is why I'm withholding judgment for now. I know that's crazy and irrational and doesn't make sense at all, but that's just me.

retired_account

DeMoN-13ruce

WOW NICE looks great

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Radixxs

So disappointing. If no one told me that above trailer was from a "new" game, I would've thougt it was from NSMBDS or NSMBWii.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Corbs

While I do wish they'd mix up the visuals a bit more to make it stand out a bit from the previous NSMB games, as long as it's a great game, I'm good with it. We know where will be more 3D Mario in time anyway.

Plain old gamer :)

retired_account

That footage is fake. It's NSMBWii with the HUD cropped out, and it's poorly cut to boot. And anyway, why would they show footage without showing Raccoon Mario in action? And again, the absence of a HUD makes no sense. Just look at the YT page and you can tell the guy is desperate for views.

Finally, here's a link to a video of the actual conference where this footage is nowhere to be found:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=erNRduwCp9g

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.