Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,444

Whopper744

Terave wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

Terave wrote:

wobee wrote:

Terave wrote:

Can somebody give me a few reasons to get this game and why it isnt 'yet another Mario game'?

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

It is another Mario game. Do you enjoy Mario games? If yes, buy it. If no, do not buy it. Tough decision, I know.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

It isnt a hard decision, I know. But it this looks just like SM3DL very soulless. When I first played SM3DL, I felt really disappointed for it being so boring. Does the same happen with this one? I know it can be a fun game, heck, SM3DL is fun, but just plain and simple and not worth the full price.

[/div]

[/div]

One thing I saw in SM3DL and NSMB2 is that I think they try to hard to be nostalgic. To the point where it's not that original.
The old school looking maps can be sort of cool, but sometimes just too plain. Honestly, I prefer an Adventure field of some sort of the 3D games such as Galaxy, anyway.
The Tanooki (spelled that wrong I know) suit is great, but I feel like they are trying to plaster artwork of it everywhere just to try to grab the attention of SMB3 fans.

They seem to be relying too much on past successes and not on trying to make something new.

[/div]

That's my main complaint with the latest installments to the Mario franchise. Of course, there are people saying that you shouldn't fix something that isnt broken, but making games that looks very similar to other games is just meh. It doesnt have to be revolutionary like Mario 64, but at least give u something original.

Well, it's just kind of funny to me, how for years they were going different directions with it after the NES days, such as with Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, but then they kind of went backwards and made things look simple how they did on the NES. Again, it's still good stuff they are putting out. Mario is just plain out a quality name. But, they can do more with these games in this day and time, and they keep wanting to limit themselves to be more like the NES games in my opinion.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Geonjaha

undead_terror wrote:

does anyone think we might get dlc for this game this week?

Errr..I doubt it this early on, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo...
My guess would be next week.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DeMoN-13ruce

if it's next week then it's proof its scrapped and hold for dlc

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

e-love

I found 3D Land to be very original. I basically classify original as being able to remember the game for itself, apart from the series. So pretty much being able to remember the standout things in a game. I can remember a lot of unique things about 3D Land, specifically the main theme music and the retro 8-bit block levels. For NSMB2, I'm definitely going to remember its coin theme. Can't say I can tell apart my memories of NSMB and NSMBW, nothing really stood out about them. What I'm saying, people may complain now, but I'm sure you'll remember more distinct things about these most recent games than the other two I mentioned. I'm sure later on they'll be more appreciated, I would hope.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Hokori

How sparkly is the file when you go for a no white suit? Because mine had a little tinty sparkle yesterday, and Punny said it should have more, but I beat it again and restarted the last save point when I saw the block, but it's still the same sparkle..... I'm kinda mad if I have to replay for a 3rd time, I wanna find all the star coins and exits... At least the coin count stays

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

TheDreamingHawk

Don't worry, replay a level that you use the tanuki suit on to get your shine back. No need to reset.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

retired_account

Just got it, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. :3

retired_account

JohnPhilipSousa

To those who are wondering why there's so many coins story-wise, I think I know. If you watch the title screen sequence, You'll see the Koopalings do a spell and then a boatload of coins come a tumbling down.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

Hokori

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Don't worry, replay a level that you use the tanuki suit on to get your shine back. No need to reset.

Ok thanks but I'm wondering if mine is sparkly already, I see a sparkle but my friend said it should have more sparkle, but then again it was sunny out so he might not have seen it, anyway I'll take your advise and replay it even though I reset it when I died.

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Azaris

Just got this game today,and i got to say this game is way better then i thought it would be.

If i were to describe my self in 1 word it'd be: playful(like a kitten) original forum name:JirachiFan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmwwP6Ivg7U_O7u7-d7-eQ

3DS Friend Code: 1848-1701-2271 | Nintendo Network ID: JirachiFan | Twitter:

e-love

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Where's Wario?

Crying his eyes out.

Oh how I wish he was in this. They could've at LEAST made him have a surprise appearance at the end of the game saying "getting coins is MY job!"
Just something, anything, would suffice.

TheDreamingHawk

He died.

TBH, I don't know, but I'm happy about it. Only liked him in Sunshine, as I thought his personallity was great. But now they forget about it.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Snagrio

I've been playing Super Mario 64 DS lately (it's actually new for me). Man, at least when they did a remake for that, more characters were added in and things were tweaked around a bit. All the "New" Mario games seem so similar, but I still like them and all. Although it seems that NSMB2 is better then many on here expected (I've yet to get a copy, hopefully sometime this week). I just wish Nintendo would make a risky move and change things up with the plumber for once.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Hokori

undead_terror wrote:

Although the game is lacking charaters that people want (ex.wario, yoshi, waluigi?), where is Bowser jr?

Bowser grounded him.

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

e-love

I find it strange he's not in this game though. He was a key character in the original NSMB and was alongside his siblings for the first time in NSMBW...what happened?

Undead_terror

^that was exactly what I was thinking, he could not have died but if he did he could always become dry bowser jr and the only one that should be grounded is Roy koopa [youtube:qxRKxowvpHk]

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

I-U

LazyGamer wrote:

Just got this game today,and i got to say this game is way better then i thought it would be.

I too didn't think to highly of the game based on its trailers. I mean it looked like a step above New Super Mario Brothers Wii, but still not an entry that would make much progress at being different. New Super Mario Brothers 2 shocked me in that regard as its coin theme has made a difference in how I go about the levels and has made each very rewarding. I don't recall the last time I enjoyed a new Mario game this much early on. It's a very fun experience, and one that I am glad I invested into.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.