Forums

Topic: New 3D Mario Platformer

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

IanMage

I doubt it's 3D remastered Super Mario Bros. 3. I think it's a new game that will use every item from all of the previous games. I'm expecting to see mini mushroom, mega mushroom, fire flower, cape, racoon suit, frog, penguin, ice flower, rock mario, cloud mario, spring mario, bee mario, metal mario, invisible mario, wing hat, and star power.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

IanMage

WaveBoy wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

My thoughts: Little Mario.

It finally looks like an actual Super Mario game in 3D, rather than a (sort of) spin-off series.

No kidding! And it took Nintendo this frikkin' long, but I'm insanely happy to finally see it happen.
Yet I'll be really annoyed if they still decide to add in that pesky health meter again....It's just so not 'mario'

I never considered the health meter to be un-mariolike; I always thought it was something special to the 3D platformers. I think they should keep the health meter, but when the health is almost out, Mario becomes small. It would be a good way to mix the different health systems.

I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

retired_account

Nice to know I'm not the only one who didn't like the health meter and lack of mini Mario. It still looks frighteningly similar to SMG though. I'm really hoping its not SMG3; those games were fun but like, two's enough.

retired_account

IanMage

pixelman wrote:

Nice to know I'm not the only one who didn't like the health meter and lack of mini Mario. It still looks frighteningly similar to SMG though. I'm really hoping its not SMG3; those games were fun but like, two's enough.

I have to force myself to believe that SMG2 is only a collection of extra levels, rather than a totally new game. It lacks the depth of the first game and doesn't feel new at all. By the way, it's very strange that Nintendo made a sequal to this game, while they never did for any other 3D Mario Platformer... it's kind of a change in tradition.

Adam

There were only two other 3D Marios, so there isn't much of a tradition yet. Well, excluding 64DS, which I actually think was more original than Galaxy 2 since it added new characters as well as levels, even if not as many new levels, obviously.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

RoyalBlur

Adam wrote:

There were only two other 3D Marios, so there isn't much of a tradition yet. Well, excluding 64DS, which I actually think was more original than Galaxy 2 since it added new characters as well as levels, even if not as many new levels, obviously.

Yes, I agree that Super Mario Galaxy will always be the better game but I still like the minor improvements that SMG2 brought and I like having Yoshi too!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Adam

Seems pretty clear from screenshots that this is pure 3D, not a 2D Mario in 3D.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Knux

I think Nintendo said that there are going to be two different Mario games for the 3DS, one in pure 3D [the one that was recently announced], and another in 2D. That was pretty much what they did for the DS [SM64DS and NSMB], so it's no surprise Nintendo will do the same thing for the 3DS. With that said, this does not look like a 2D Mario game at all. To me, it looks like a 3D Mario game with elements from the 2D Mario games [Tanooki and Little Mario] and elements from the Galaxy games.

Either way, I am looking forward to this. I am just glad that Nintendo did not decided to be lazy by porting Super Mario Sunshine to the 3DS. Super Mario 64 DS would have been a great game if it weren't for the fact of the lack of analouge controls. But SM64DS might be a totally different experience due to the Circle Pad on the 3DS, so I can't wait to try it out.

Also, the best 3D Mario game is Super Mario Galaxy 2 in my opinion. It is way more challenging than SMG1 and has a lot more content in it. However, I still like the open-world feel in SM64 and hope that returns in this game.

Knux

IanMage

I really don't want the worldmap from Galaxy 2 in this game. What happened with the SM64's "jumping into the painting idea?" I really wish they could use something similiar to this. I also don't want anymore of those SMG launch stars... they don't allow players to explore the world after they use them; this is what I liked about SM64.

JDesensitized

I thought Galaxy 2 was WAY better, so I hope there are no hub worlds. And I want levels and not stars, too.

JDesensitized

IanMage

JDesensitized wrote:

I thought Galaxy 2 was WAY better, so I hope there are no hub worlds. And I want levels and not stars, too.

So you want there to be 3D worlds, but with the flagpole at the end of every level? And NO STARS? I don't understand why everyone wants the 3D game to have all of these sidescroller series' attributes...

TeeJay

supernin10do wrote:

I doubt it's 3D remastered Super Mario Bros. 3. I think it's a new game that will use every item from all of the previous games. I'm expecting to see mini mushroom, mega mushroom, fire flower, cape, racoon suit, frog, penguin, ice flower, rock mario, cloud mario, spring mario, bee mario, metal mario, invisible mario, wing hat, and star power.

What.

I think you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Mabbit

supernin10do wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the Super Mario Platformers have a pattern?
Super Mario LAND
Super Mario WORLD
Super Mario GALAXY

What's next, Super Mario UNIVERSE? I hope that a new platformer, similar to Galaxy, is made. Does anyone have any ideas?

Not to mention Super Mario SUNshine!

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

TeeJay

I think the little Mario mechanic can be used for something like a bonus stage that you can do after completing all the other missions in a world.

Maybe there could be a little entrance that opens up in a secret spot of the world that's so small, only little Mario can crawl under there (or crouch-walk).

The bonus stage will be harder because Mario would die if he gets hit even once.

Well? What do guys think?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IanMage

Tj92 wrote:

I think the little Mario mechanic can be used for something like a bonus stage that you can do after completing all the other missions in a world.

Maybe there could be a little entrance that opens up in a secret spot of the world that's so small, only little Mario can crawl under there (or crouch-walk).

The bonus stage will be harder because Mario would die if he gets hit even once.

That would be good. I really don't want the 3D Mario Platform mechanics to be mixed with the sidescroller mechanics...

TeeJay

supernin10do wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

That would be good. I really don't want the 3D Mario Platform mechanics to be mixed with the sidescroller mechanics...

Actually I wasn't thinking side-scroller at all when I thought of this. A 3D stage done in this fashion would be great IMO.

Edited on by TeeJay

IanMage

Tj92 wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Actually I wasn't thinking side-scroller at all when I thought of this. A 3D stage done in this fashion would be great IMO.

Oh, I thought you were saying that the game could have a separate/bonus mode where the game uses the "two hits, game over" mechanic (little mario) from the sidescrollers. I liked that idea because, rather than having the whole game use that mechanic, only a portion of the game would use it.

TeeJay

supernin10do wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Oh, I thought you were saying that the game could have a separate/bonus mode where the game uses the "two hits, game over" mechanic (little mario) from the sidescrollers. I liked that idea because, rather than having the whole game use that mechanic, only a portion of the game would use it.

Nah, I meant something like what Super Mario Sunshine did, except with a one-hit-you're-dead type of challenge, since Mario will have to be small to get in there.

Edited on by TeeJay

IanMage

WaveBoy wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the Super Mario Platformers have a pattern?
Super Mario LAND
Super Mario WORLD
Super Mario GALAXY

What's next, Super Mario UNIVERSE? I hope that a new platformer, similar to Galaxy, is made. Does anyone have any ideas?

Not to mention Super Mario SUNshine!

I honestly think that the next best idea would be to enter a Dream World, like in Super Mario Bros 2.
Make a 3D spiritual successor to SMB2, have Wart as the main villian, along with his henchmen Birdo, Mouser, Fry guy, the Shu guys, ect ect. Also you could play as Mario, Luigi, Toad and Peach and ripping vegetables out of the ground would be the main game mechanic, brig back those creepy demon masks, those trippy locked red doors and keys, the quirky music ect ect.

Really though, SMB2 is my favorite game of all time, and I enjoyed much more than SMB3 growing up which everybody praises like a maniac, but I don't blame them as it was amazing....But SMB2 was amazing-er!

As long as it actually has some dreamy attributes to it, that could be interesting. Those creepy demon masks would look even creepier in 3D; it floats away from you and then soars right towards your face!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.