Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 381 to 400 of 515

Odnetnin

Yeah not a bad score, they just seem to dislike the controls and presentation. Controls are fixed by CPP, and presentation I don't care as much about since I have nothing to personally compare it to. Will still probably look and perform better than most 3DS games.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Yrreiht

Oddy wrote:

Yeah not a bad score, they just seem to dislike the controls and presentation. Controls are fixed by CPP, and presentation I don't care as much about since I have nothing to personally compare it to. Will still probably look and perform better than most 3DS games.

the thing is, i don't have the CPP yet, and the game controls just fine. it's very similar the "peace walker" controls.

now for something else:
In the original MGS3, at the start of a new game you had the choice between "i like MGS 1, 2 or 3"
now there is 3 new choices: PW, 4 and all of them.
choosing "all of them gives" you the grenade camo: allows for infinite grenades
4: a camo suit that makes you almost invisible in forest and rises the life regen speed rate (kinda like the neo-moss)
PW: banana camo that makes every food items have a great taste
for the original choices i dont know yet

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

zezhyrule

I still think the controls are great myself. The controls seem natural to me even w/o a CPP
still am not sold on the graphics... the HD version looks a lot better, and the bigger screen really helps too

Edit: @tynerds37: Okay that's really awesome Seems like some of the things make the game a lot easier though, in the original MGS3 the options hardly did anything when it came to actual gameplay.

Also, in the original, picking MGS2 gave you a Raiden mask in the first cutscenes, and picking MGS3 allowed you to unlock all the cutscenes in the game just by beating it once. I think that's all, I'm not entirely sure though.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Yrreiht

part 2!
MGS1 gives you a snow colored camo
MGS2 makes you wear the mask in the intro (like in the original as @zezhyrule pointed out) and gives you a desert version of the tiger stripes camo
MGS3 give you a camo that is effective in forests and with it, your batteries never run out
also, the first option"I'm playing MGS for the first time" removes the extreme difficulty setting form the menu and give you the mummy camo, which prevents you from being seriously injured

Kid_A

I guess it just depends on how well you adjust to the controls. For me, it just made sense. For other people, maybe it won't. I've always struggled with the opening stealth run to rescue Sokolov--no matter what I always seem to set off like 3 alerts--but not in this version. I don't know if it's the improved visual clarity of 3D, the improved CQC or what, but not only did I sneak flawlessly through that part, but after about 4 hours of play I can say I've only set off 1 alert. That's a new record for me, by far. The Game Informer review surprised me. For me, this is definitely the best version of the game.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Spoony_Tech

That reviewer sounded like me the first time I played the demo. I wouldn't even be surprised if he only played the demo! From what I'm seeing so far this game is on par graphically with RE:R or even better. Problem is its all forest and it just doesn't look as good as a ship! The detail in the face of the characters looks amazing. Besides game informer rates half the games they receive 7.5. I'm surprised they rated Skyward Sword what they did to be honest! Nintendo power giving this a 9 speaks a lot since they are harder on games then in the past!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yrreiht

Now i really wonder what score NL will give to MGS3D
I also wonder who's doing the review :/

romulux

it seems the farther i get through the game the better it looks! the character models, snake's in particular are really amazing, that's one thing that was clearly improved since the demo. there is also a great clarity to everything within your immediate area that's really impressive, even if it pixelates over a distance. at this point i'm very impressed and have no complaints with the visuals, the demo gives you no indication of how good the game is capable of looking.

i started over and managed to get to the Eva segment without a single alert or killing a single guard, which is a nice way of avoiding the awkward aiming. i also found a few yoshis, but i didn't have a gun on me at the time. balderdash!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

Same thing happened to me. I just backtracked once I had a gun and got the Yoshis I missed. It's worth it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

BenAV

I'm still not quite decided on buying this, but it doesn't come out here till March 8th so I have some time to decide.
I'm leaning towards buying it if I have money to spare at that time.
Or I'll probably end up buying it cheaper from Europe online I guess.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SarcasticWisdom

Purchased it at 8 PM. came home at 9 and played for 2 hours..barley on level 2

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Oddy wrote:

OK, well then Game Informer is wrong.

Game Informer sucks and always has sucked.

Game Informer rocks and always has rocked.

Anyway, their review seems about accurate to me. Especially their point about buying the HD collection or even buying a PS2 and the original version.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Spoony_Tech

The game is easily a 9 in my book! The visuals are very impressive. The frame rate still seems a little off at times but definitely doesn't ruin the game play. I also really like the touch screen menu. Works really well as does the control pad. Gameplay is really fun. The camera is not even a issue and I don't have the cpp. Of course I haven't got into a gun fight yet though!

This is really my first go around with the game so seeing how the story unfolds for the first time is really nice. I've played the first two and some things from the story are really cool to see! I'm going to enjoy the rest of this game. Might even say its the best looking 3ds game to date. To bad its just another remake though and not a whole new game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

pikku

In the real game when you use TPS aiming controls does Snake actually have a walking animation or does he just slide along? Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, just kinda ruins the immersion factor, lol. D:

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

RoryLee

This is one of the best looking 3D games that I played. The graphics were good in RE:R but I could barely notice the 3D effect, and that was one of my first games that I actually turned the 3D off. But this game just has so many cool 3D moments in it that it felt like it was made for the 3DS.

@Pikmaniac
I'm not sure about TPS aiming in the full version. I did notice the animation in the demo, so I'll have to check it out next time I boot up the game.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.