Forums

Topic: MegaMan Legends 3 Cancelled

Posts 101 to 120 of 157

CrazyOtto

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We'll probably never see another Mega Man game again sadly.
(at least for a really long time)

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

kkslider5552000

good point from that Neogaf forum thing

"This makes me wonder, who doesn't hate Capcom right now? This is the list of people they've p***ed off:

1) Megaman fans: Cancelling Megaman Legends 3, Megaman: Universe, and not releasing Megaman Battle Network x Star Force in North America.

2) Resident Evil fans: Outsource latest console game to no-name developer known for developing low rent PSP, and PS3 Socom spinoffs. Releasing a 3DS game that has locked saves, and showed no effort in development.

3) RPG fans: Killing Breath of Fire, and not localizing The Last Ranker.

4) Devil May Cry fans: Well, you should know.

5) Fighting game fans: Milking the genre for all its worth once again despite seeing what happened when they did that in the 90s.

6) Ace Attorney fans: For skipping Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

7) Sen Goku Basara fans: For likely not localizing any future titles.

8) Onimusha fans: This series exists?!

9) Monster Hunter fans: Localization of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and the Poka Poka Aillu Village series? LOL No.

I guess Dead Rising fans are cool with them?"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

komicturtle

Do not forget:

Viewtiful Joe 3 and Power Stone 3. Where the hell are those games?!

komicturtle

Link79

Were there any Mega man games that Inafune had little or nothing to do with? If so what were they and did they do well?
How about the Zero or ZX games? Did he have much involvement in those?
They are the last Mega man games I really enjoyed.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

kkslider5552000

komicturtle92 wrote:

Viewtiful Joe 3 and Power Stone 3. Where the hell are those games?!

I can understand Viewtiful Joe. The series got worse over time and the many attempts to make it a legit major series for Capcom failed badly.

OverlordMao

Viewtiful Joe is a capcom product, so THEY were the ones who chose to milk it after VJ2 was released and Clover Studios pursued other IP's.
Power Stone 3 is just a relic, I say let it live on and not have a sequel made.
@Link , Inafune had a lot to do with the Zero and ZX series, naturally. When Capcom decided to milk the dead X series by making X6 (Inafune intended for it to end at 5), Infaune was already working on Zero 1 at the time.

You know what I think Capcom should do? COME UP WITH SOME NEW IP'S. I'm sick of their franchise cash cow attitude with everything they release. I love Capcom, I honestly do, but in all honesty and seriousness, (pardon my language) they need to get their sh*t together.

Edited on by OverlordMao

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

komicturtle

The only other two games that came out after VJ2 was Red Hot Rumble and Double Trouble. And that was like, 6 years ago.

And I thought Colver Studios went defunct and merged with Capcom's studios (while some went to/formed Platinum Games)....

komicturtle

VmprHntrD

I see posts like 'I am not going to support Capcom anymore' and the like over this. I have to ask you, unless you were not old enough to have the N64 or the Gamecube, why are you giving up now after all that?

They promised then ditched the N64 until the end with MM64 and RE2 ports. Along its tails started to make promises to do more if they sold, they did alright, and nothing. Then I'm sure enough here know of the 'Capcom 5' for the Gamecube, the huge promises for years of support. IT amounted to PN06 which sorta sucked, and then if you can call it part of it, Resident Evil 4, the so called exclusive. 2 Weeks before it released on GC due to all the bitching and whining from Sony fanboys they put a press release out saying NOT to buy the GC game, the 'definitive' version with more stuff in it would hit the PS2 at X date(day exclusivity contract expires) greatly hampering its sales (it sold damn well yeah, but would have moved more hardware for sure and more copies.) On that, they canceled the other games and quietly slinked off into the shadows. On the Wii, they again promised to deliver big franchise games of good quality that fit right in with everyone else. Zack and Wiki I'll give them, but outside that...a RE4 Wii port, and then RE RAIL SHOOTERs...most people hate those damn games and haven't been a big seller since like the early 90s as they are kind of limiting and suck if you're not into it. So again another kick to the nuts and a sequel to it too, canceled some other good projects, and little else. And then finally on 3DS you get merc with the no save wipe and a full priced 'addon' merc mode game from the big console titles. They've all over Nintendo owners for years and keep finding millions of suckers to give them money on false promises and manipulation.

Seriously stop complaining, stop getting hurt, and STOP buying their damn games at the least on Nintendo system if not completely as they've been going down to tubes for years.

Edited on by theblackdragon

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

kkslider5552000

there's a difference.

That's Capcom being stupid and annoying, especially as a Nintendo fan. I can live with a huge gaming company being stupid and annoying. I don't hate Sega somehow so yeah.

But this is a whole new level of suck not yet seen by man.

and my previous post is more valid a point

VmprHntrD

I don't hate Capcom, I just have no respect for them anymore and probably will never give them another penny, at least not until I see vast improvement which I don't expect. As of now if by some accident they don't mess up a game on a card or disc I'll buy it used out of protest.

CanisWolfred

Giving up on Capcom just seems petty to me. As much as I'm andered by this, so long as Capcom keeps making games I want, I'll buy from them. Besides, for all I know, Darkstalkers could be right around the corner, and I still need to get Street Fighter vs. Tekken. I've been waiting for that game for years!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

VmprHntrD

Petty depends how you want to look at it really. How else do you explain to a big company that you don't want to put up with their crap anymore? You deny them money from your wallet, and you probably don't go to their boards and help inflate their delusion of do nothing wrong by happily posting there. I'm not saying deny yourself some fun, just don't pay them for it, buy from a friend, craigslist, any shop carrying used, ebay, whatever. If a game they made was actually good, no reason not to enjoy it being bitter, just be smart about it so you win and they don't.

Link79

@ mariofanatic128
So now Capcom thinks it's our fault huh?
Well whatever helps them sleep at night.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

yoyo1212

i hate u capcom >_>

guy: now remember kid's don't steel boat's raid cities or pillage.

kid: what! o_O

guy: oh um i meant don't do drug's

3DS fc 4682-8505-4147

kkslider5552000

WolfRamHeart wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

This will probably lower you respect for Capcom even more.

Wow Capcom, can you suck any harder?

I'll defend this.

Capcom of Europe's stupidity does not necessarily = Capcom in general stupidity. And I kinda like the honestly. They are jerks, no question, but honest jerks and I have to respect that. Assuming the person is in any way correct, which remains to be seen..

Edited on by kkslider5552000

komicturtle

How about that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 game?

It's kinda like Capcom is turning into the Japanese Activision

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.