Japanese overview trailer

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

LordessMeep

642. Posted:

^ - Given the trailer, I really like the number of puzzles they seem to have involving the vacuum, even if it is as mundane as rolling up a carpet . The varied gameplay makes me happy.
Speaking of which, are the element medals to return at all? It seems as if element puzzles now require Luigi to get the elements from the environment (i.e. bucket of water, fire, etc.) and then use them, rather than how it was in the original game.

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Just don't bring back Boolossous. That guy was a pain. xD

Clearly, I have terrible memory. Just played the game over the weekend while taking a break from Fire Emblem and yes, he's a terribly annoying boss. The Boo's puns are still entertaining, though. ^3^

Edited on by LordessMeep

(username - lordesmeep)

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6569-9541

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

643. Posted:

Boolossus was a good boss! He was just more painful than brushing your teeth with a porcupine. :P But the sense of accomplishment I gained when I beat him without damage to get gold rank was unparalleled. B-)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Emaan

644. Posted:

I remember Boolossus taking me at least 30 tries to beat when I was younger. When you get down to the last few Boo's, it's insanely crazy. :O

Oh how proud I was when I finally beat it :3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

645. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I remember Boolossus taking me at least 30 tries to beat when I was younger. When you get down to the last few Boo's, it's insanely crazy. :O

Oh how proud I was when I finally beat it :3

Yeah, boolossus is one of those bosses that learns when you hurt him, so it's best to take him out as quickly as possible. He's actually the reason all the portrait ghosts got released. EGadd somehow captured him, King Boo was furious so he ordered an assault on the lab, and freed all the other ghosts as well as the gargantuan monstrosity. :3

AuthorMessage

LordessMeep

646. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Even now I have trouble with those final couple of Boos. It's incredibly frustrating at the end. -.-

Happy_Mask wrote:

Boolossus was a good boss! He was just more painful than brushing your teeth with a porcupine. :P But the sense of accomplishment I gained when I beat him without damage to get gold rank was unparalleled. B-)

I celebrated by bringing out a few choice cuss words of mine and then pressing A repeatedly to hear Luigi frantically call for Mario in various pitches. Seriously, I love that "MARIOOOO!" at the end. Never fails to cheer me up. I'll miss that in Dark Moon. :/

(username - lordesmeep)

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

647. Posted:

I actually managed to beat Boolossus on my first try. I had like 5 health left and that last boo is a pain to get but I somehow managed to do it.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Emaan

648. Posted:

I hope in this game, they continue the little things that added to the charm of the original.

Like, speaking of HP; remember how Luigi's voice and mood would change depending the amount of health he had? I remember he would sound so scared and weak after beating a really tough boss. And he would then do that cute little "yeah" after grabbing the world key :3

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

649. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I hope in this game, they continue the little things that added to the charm of the original.

Like, speaking of HP; remember how Luigi's voice and mood would change depending the amount of health he had? I remember he would sound so scared and weak after beating a really tough boss. And he would then do that cute little "yeah" after grabbing the world key :3

Yeah, it's really surprising how much thought they did put into the game. I still love scanning my surroundings and listening to luigi rant about interior decorating. :)

AuthorMessage

CM30

650. Posted:

I think they'll probably put that much attention into this one. I mean, look at the videos, the sheer amount of neat little touches included is fantastic.

Heck, I remember reading on another site that you can make Luigi trip over by sucking up part of the carpet he's standing on, so it definitely seems like all the small but atmosphere adding things are there.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Emaan

651. Posted:

Hopefully this game has just the right amount of Luigi charm we all love.

On another note, 3 weeks to go for North America! :D

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

LordessMeep

652. Posted:

The 'through-the-window' cut scenes sound pretty promising too. Watching the mansion ghost's antics should be amusing.

Emaan wrote:

On another note, 3 weeks to go for North America! :D

Aw, yeah. :D

EDIT: Forgot to ask - is this where you read about that @CM30? The preview makes the game sound pretty awesome. Also, it looks like the CPP isn't required for it. ^o^

Edited on by LordessMeep

(username - lordesmeep)

AuthorMessage

CM30

653. Posted:

Yeah, that was the preview I read this information in. The article makes it sound like all the random gags and humour of the original will be present in Dark Moon, and that no one should worry about any of that.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

CM30

654. Posted:

Here's an awesome new trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX7nD2Aa8Pc

Edited on by CM30

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

655. Posted:

I just found out I have jury duty that day. Guess I won't be getting much play time! :'(

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

656. Posted:

@Tech
That's no biggie. Just bring your 3DS to jury duty with you. :P. Who knows, you might get a street pass hit.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

Osui

657. Posted:

Don't know if anyone know pre-order Luigi's Mansion Dark @ newegg $29.99 + free ship w/ promo code EMCYTZT3040, ends 3/5

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190261&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=1312731&SID=

FC: 3110 - 4797 - 0564
Pokemon Y Safari : Ground

Looking for Sneasel Safari. Please PM ME

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4797-0564 | Twitter: Osui818

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

658. Posted:

RoryLee wrote:

@Tech
That's no biggie. Just bring your 3DS to jury duty with you. :P. Who knows, you might get a street pass hit.

I wish I could but the summons said no cell phones electronic equipment or anything that may have metal in it as it might get confiscated.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

LordessMeep

659. Posted:

^ I believe it's been specially printed out on to the mug.. you know, like those people that do T-shirt prints? I don't think it's official merchandise.

@xBASSxMONSTAx - Nice! It's makes me want to get one, but I have too many mugs lying around the house any way. D:

Gotta add something - the reviewers have their copies of the game, including the ones on NL! It's 6,000+ blocks (according to Josh from TheBitBlock), GameXplain have footage that Luigi hums the tune and still says some phrases.

Scarescraper Rush Mode:

Luigi Humming:

I AM HYPED. :D

Edited on by LordessMeep

(username - lordesmeep)

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

660. Posted:

Untitled

^I just bought this in anticipation for the game. :D

xBASSxMONSTAx