Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,517

Hendesu

I honestly miss when Fire Emblem wasn't about Waifu or incest. Nobody seems care about the gameplay anymore. They care about marrying FE characters, drugging them, or poking their faces.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

NightmareEater wrote:

I honestly miss when Fire Emblem wasn't about Waifu or incest. Nobody seems care about the gameplay anymore. They care about marrying FE characters, drugging them, or poking their faces.

It still is. All the Incest, Waifu, and stuff is just optional. You don't have to participate in it or use it. People still care about the gameplay and even now IS is still trying to polish and improve the battle system for the game. It's just people prefer to talk about the weird features the game has, so you rarely hear about the gameplay as much.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

kkslider5552000

NightmareEater wrote:

Look, I can only point out how much of a miserable, uncreative user you are in so many ways in such a short amount of time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

He's a classic Youtube level troll, just ignore him until he slips up. They always do.

That trailer for the Third Route was not something I should've watched before bed...that was kinda freaky...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

He's a classic Youtube level troll, just ignore him until he slips up. They always do.

But Moooom, I wanna make him realize the meaninglessness of his own existence first!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

CanisWolfred wrote:

That trailer for the Third Route was not something I should've watched before bed...that was kinda freaky...

The odd things is they claim they are a Miiverse mod, which I could actually believe.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

2000 yen for the 3rd route DLC, about $20. That's fair, I believe.

So about $100 all in, and I will be all in.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hendesu

@CanisWolfred: I'm guessing you're talking about me? I don't troll. Or troll on youtube. I only express my opinions. But of course, someone gets butthurt or dislike my opinion and call me a troll.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

jump

NightmareEater wrote:

@CanisWolfred: I'm guessing you're talking about me? I don't troll. Or troll on youtube. I only express my opinions. But of course, someone gets butthurt or dislike my opinion and call me a troll.

Hmm...looks at the posts, looks at the signature and wonders why they are claiming they aren't a troll.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Hendesu

@arronishere: So I dislike Kid Icarus Uprising. So what? That's my opinion. Everyone don't need to like the game. And someone who don't like game isn't a troll. That's the one thing I'm still frustrated with the fanbase. (Dislike a game, and they go crazy as bats.)
Also, can we go back to the topic of this thread? Because we're going off topic.

[Started 10/31/15]

jump

NightmareEater wrote:

@arronishere: So I dislike Kid Icarus Uprising. So what? That's my opinion. Everyone don't need to like the game. And someone who don't like game isn't a troll. That's the one thing I'm still frustrated with the fanbase. (Dislike a game, and they go crazy as bats.)
Also, can we go back to the topic of this thread? Because we're going off topic.

There's games I don't like but I don't randomly go it sucks, it's terrible, I'd articulate a conversation about it or generally focus on games I like. There's a difference between having an opinion and needless complaining/trolling...food for thought for ya.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

TeeJay

@NightmareEater: Simply disliking a game isn't the point they're trying to make. What's grinding their gears is the fact that you have it pasted in your signature, which is practically like walking around holding a sign saying "I HATE ________ WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT??". Also your signature just has a very negative and abrasive vibe in general.

It's just very unnecessary. Talk about what you like instead. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as they say.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ryu_Niiyama

@NightmareEater: Marriage supports didn't start with awakening or if/Fates. Heck did you forget the Love System in Genealogy of the Holy War? All the current games are doing is adding modern gaming mechanics to an existing system (cutscenes for the confessions, etc) Fire Emblem has ALWAYS been a bit of a full blown sim game. If you merely ignored those mechanics before you can do so again with this game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

KO-Cub

TeeJay wrote:

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as they say.

(Gasp) I could have sworn I heard that during play on Uprising today!

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

TeeJay

KO-Cub wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as they say.

(Gasp) I could have sworn I heard that during play on Uprising today!

Yes I believe Palutena says that. Though it's not like Uprising came up with it, lol.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

@Ryu_Niiyama: Not really. I mean, not entirely. I mean something like that. FE4 did have the same marriage system which passed on to Awakening, but the art style compared to now is so far different. It's more harder to get into FE4 fanbase when it was Japanese only and Awakening w/new art style made a mass load of FE newcomers. They'd look at FE4 and not care. So, I don't even know why FE4 is even used as an excuse, when I see atleast. Even then, it's not always a dating sim. Marth pared with Shiida at the end of FE11, no supports ever. Just romance. Even then, most FE's only allowed up to 5 supports per character and they'd mostly be about character development between the two characters. I mean, making 'A' support between Ephraim and Eirika meant you couldn't ship Ephraim with an actual girl who's who can be romanced. And we all know Supports gives bonus stats.

TL;DR - Support's were never been about the ship sim game in the first place.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Ryu_Niiyama

@KO-Cub: The supports themselves make the game a sim game... as in simulation. I'm also not using FE4 as an excuse. If someone goes I wish it went back to the way it was I'm going to cite past games. Also never said it was always a dating sim I said that Marriage supports existed before the current FE games. I placed a qualifier on the type of support to show that I'm not talking about all of the support systems because the complaint was levied against the marriage/romance supports.

So to restate my point perhaps in a clearer fashion: Supports of many types have always been in FE, the Marriage ones are not something new, they are just presented in a more modern gameplay fashion (such as the confession cutscenes) , either way they are OPTIONAL and the game hasn't changed so much as expanded upon existing mechanics. So I stand by my earlier post.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

LzWinky

NightmareEater wrote:

And you got this conclusion from...what exactly?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

LztheQuack wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

And you got this conclusion from...what exactly?

That's just what people are talking about most cos the media thrives on provocation and sensationalism. That doesn't actually change the nature of the game though. You'll still be Fire Embleming for 95% of it!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.