Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,517

Koopa-King

@Aromaiden Before I leave to predict the future of other games I just want to say thanks for being one of the most polite people I've seen on the site. l felt like you needed some recognition.

Edited on by Koopa-King

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

-Green-

@Koopa-King: Thank you. You're so kind.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Koopa-King

@Aromaiden: It's not problem at all. Hope to see you around the site so we can yell about better characters again.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Dezzy

professorOak wrote:

@Dezzy: I think the fear that they might stop releasing FE games in the West has to do with a combination of the fact that Fire Emblem was a Japan-only series for a good while (up until they finally started giving them English releases thanks to Marth and Roy's exposure in Melee), and also because of other franchises people consider more "niche" steadily becoming less and less likely to see Western release, becoming either digital-only or not seeing localizations at all (see: Ace Attorney/Investigations.)

You sure about that? Well I'd like to see someone do a proper study of the data on western localizations cos my intuitive sense is that they've become more common rather than less!
But then I grew up in Europe in a time when they didn't think we'd want Final Fantasy, so maybe I'm still annoyed about that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Er, what's this about not releasing FE games in the west? Awakening sold like 1.3 million copies in the west...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hendesu

CaviarMeths wrote:

Er, what's this about not releasing FE games in the west? Awakening sold like 1.3 million copies in the west...

Usually if a game from a franchise that is not Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon does not sell well, Nintendo thinks no one care for the franchise and make it a Japan exclusive.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Storytime7

@NightmareEater: Pikmin? Metroid? Xenoblade? There's plenty of Nintendo franchises that come west even when previous games didn't sell too well.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CaviarMeths

NightmareEater wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Usually if a game from a franchise that is not Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon does not sell well, Nintendo thinks no one care for the franchise and make it a Japan exclusive.

Well, that's not quite true, but 1.3 million copies in Europe and the Americas is a very strong result for the genre and marketing push it got. It's by far the best selling game in the entire series. Among the best-selling handheld JRPGs outside of Pokemon, actually.

Nintendo of America published Bravely Default and it sold around 600k in the west, if I remember right. That was a strong enough result for them to take on publishing Bravely Second as well.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy wrote:

professorOak wrote:

@Dezzy: I think the fear that they might stop releasing FE games in the West has to do with a combination of the fact that Fire Emblem was a Japan-only series for a good while (up until they finally started giving them English releases thanks to Marth and Roy's exposure in Melee), and also because of other franchises people consider more "niche" steadily becoming less and less likely to see Western release, becoming either digital-only or not seeing localizations at all (see: Ace Attorney/Investigations.)

You sure about that? Well I'd like to see someone do a proper study of the data on western localizations cos my intuitive sense is that they've become more common rather than less!
But then I grew up in Europe in a time when they didn't think we'd want Final Fantasy, so maybe I'm still annoyed about that.

I get the feeling Square still doesn't think we want Super Mario RPG.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

Seriously.....we aren't talking about the actual game but how this game might lead to poor sales which results in the series being only Japan exclusive?

Awakening sold more units here in West than it did in Japan. Secondly, NoA is likely going to censor the incest content because of it not being child friendly. I mean they removed blood parts in Thousand Year Door and they did a lot of censoring.

The issue I'm worried about is if the game's new optional marriage system is going to cause the games to be banned in places like Dubai and so because of it.( Even though games like Dragon Age: Origins had them yet were still in sale)

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

I don't understand this demand, a game with a teen+ rating and a non-child audience needs to censored for children. PLEASE SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LzWinky

I doubt they will censor the incest, considering well...nah...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

They shouldn't take out the incest in Fates, that would be like going back and taking the incest out of Star Wars...oh wait.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Pokefanmum82

I will just be getting the Birthright edition and maybe the third path. Not interested in Nohr because I am not really good at strategy games.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Ryu_Niiyama

^ yeah if they do icons in the badge center then I'm golden.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

kkslider5552000

NightmareEater wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

You should try not being wrong for once.

Even during the Wii/DS days when NOA was ACTUALLY ignoring certain requested Japanese games, we still got stuff like Rhythm Heaven, Kirby games, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Animal Crossing, Sin and Punishment, Metroid, Magical Starsign, Star Fox Command, Legendary Starfy etc. And that ignores a lot of casual games.

Besides, why would they localize stuff like Fatal Frame but not Fire Emblem?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.