Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 201 to 220 of 245

LordTendoboy

warioswoods wrote:

Well, this screenshot of Monster Hunter on the 3DS suggests pretty clearly to me that it will be an optional attachment; note the d-pad on the touch screen, which certainly seems like touch-based camera controls for those who opt not to pick up the attachment.

Untitled

Why would you use a digital d-pad to control the camera if there is already a normal d-pad on the system?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

BenAV

tendoboy1984 wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

Well, this screenshot of Monster Hunter on the 3DS suggests pretty clearly to me that it will be an optional attachment; note the d-pad on the touch screen, which certainly seems like touch-based camera controls for those who opt not to pick up the attachment.

Untitled

Why would you use a digital d-pad to control the camera if there is already a normal d-pad on the system?

Because the d-pad is in a spot that you can't reach it with your right hand, so therefore you can't walk around while moving the camera.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SteveW

I just realized that the new 3DS controller design will make it have exactly the same controls as the WiiU controller! hmm... looks like a sign that the WiiU will play 3DS games to me!!!

SteveW

LordTendoboy

SteveW wrote:

I just realized that the new 3DS controller design will make it have exactly the same controls as the WiiU controller! hmm... looks like a sign that the WiiU will play 3DS games to me!!!

The WiiU won't play 3DS games. The 3DS will simply be an optional second controller for people who want to use it.

[...

BenAV

tendoboy1984 wrote:

he 3DS will simply be an optional second controller for people who want to use it.

I hope they do end up doing this... Could be handy from time to time.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

TeeJay

warioswoods wrote:

Untitled

Oh thank goodness. Then I'll be able to play Monster Hunter Tri G in public.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LordTendoboy

pntjr wrote:

FelixFelicis77 wrote:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192737p1.html
I think this is the most positive article I have read about this so far, I think there's a couple of good points there, I had never considered the N64 port focus until he pointed it out.

More N64 ports... yay...

How does adding a second analog stick improve N64 ports? The N64 only had one analog stick.

[...

Joeynator3000

tendoboy1984 wrote:

pntjr wrote:

FelixFelicis77 wrote:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192737p1.html
I think this is the most positive article I have read about this so far, I think there's a couple of good points there, I had never considered the N64 port focus until he pointed it out.

More GCN ports... yay...

How does adding a second analog stick improve N64 ports? The N64 only had one analog stick.

Fixed it for him, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Is it weird that I actually kind of like this new toy?
I mean, it looks protective and easy to use and take out, it even looks like it includes a little hole to attach a string to it.

The only real problem I see with it is that my Niko battery won't fit there.

Untitled
The only thing it lacks are revised select, home and start real buttons. They should add them.

If it comes bundled with MH i will totally use it every now and then.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BenAV

abgar wrote:

Is it weird that I actually kind of like this new toy?

Nope.
All it does it adds extra ways to play some games, so that's not a bad thing and should be liked.
Everyone's way overreacted about this.

BenAV

BenAV

abgar wrote:

The only thing it lacks are revised select, home and start real buttons. They should add them.

I don't mind the current buttons.
You don't really need to use those too often besides pausing or leaving games, etc. so I don't thing it's a big deal to make them real buttons.

Slightly off topic, but it's nice to have some old NES games again where you actually have to press "Start" to start the game... that logic no longer seems to exist because "A" or even "Any button" and such have taken its place.

BenAV

Eel

I actually say it because most VC games make extensive use of the Start button.

And pressing the small, cushion like buttons my 3DS has is just scary (go to any Gamestop or shop with a playable 3DS and you'll see what I am talking about).

Bloop.

LzWinky

abgar wrote:

I actually say it because most VC games make extensive use of the Start button.

And pressing the small, cushion like buttons my 3DS has is just scary (go to any Gamestop or shop with a playable 3DS and you'll see what I am talking about).

To be fair, most demo handhelds are in crappy condition after a while

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BenAV

As long as all the buttons keep working they're fine for me.
I'd hate it to no longer be able to play NES games because the start button doesn't work or something. D:

BenAV

Oregano

If you look at the bottom pic it has a wrist strap. That's nice.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Radixxs

This add-on has made me not want this Monster Hunter game, I've never played Monster Hunter and needing a clunky additional layer strapped on to the 3DS for optimal enjoyment is more than I'm willing to go through.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Eel

I checked it, and it's actually the 3DSs wrist strap, coming out from a hole in the add-on. Good thinking.

It's not a "needed" thing, it's just an added bonus, so you won't need to use it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Radixxs

I know it isn't needed, I'm just saying that it looks ridiculous. If the alternate controls are fine, I may be interested again.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

komicturtle

Yeah, some games could support the 3DS as a controller for WiiU such as Smash Bros.

Just when things were looking down on 3DS, things are looking up. And I appreciate Capcom for having the virtual d-pad on screen for camera controls (Though, I'd prefer it on the bottom- hope I can move the tiles and adjust the size).

3DS does not really need a second stick because the second screen could replicate it. FPS shooter- that's another story. Then again, I'm not fond of dual sticks for FPSes but on handheld, it's fine because that's perfect for it.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.