Forums

Topic: Code Name: STEAM

Posts 201 to 220 of 362

Spoony_Tech

I also agreed the graphics fit the system well. Maybe it wouldn't fly on the vita but here they look excellent.

As for everyone complaining about spawning enemies behind you, I'm pretty sure that's only because you're taking to long yo finish the map. Each stage probably has a predetermined set number of turns before enemies spawn. In other words you could've beat the map in fewer turns but opted to take your time. Remember, you don't need to kill every enemy, just get to the goal.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

So, when the game scores me at the end of a chapter, I get a red X next to "Moves." What's that about? Am I getting docked for taking too long or something?

Also, this game would look great on the Vita. Comic book style visuals can look really sharp on that system. Games like that and MHU4 are a better fit for Sony's handheld, imo.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

So, when the game scores me at the end of a chapter, I get a red X next to "Moves." What's that about? Am I getting docked for taking too long or something?

Also, this game would look great on the Vita. Comic book style visuals can look really sharp on that system. Games like that and MHU4 are a better fit for Sony's handheld, imo.

3d is better then hd for me. Even if I had a choice I always go 3d. That's why I have Shovel Knight and rather have Shanta's on 3ds.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cookiex

Dezzy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Pros:

• Looks good for a 3DS game, and the comic-styled cutscenes are neat.

Really? I thought that was the main thing working against it. Compared to Zelda and Monster Hunter 4, it looks a bit primitive to my eye. Although granted, those are 2 of the best looking games on the system.

The art style derives from Bruce Timm's minimalist approach to character and background design, hence it looking "primitive".

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

LzWinky

No permadeath is always a pro in my eyes. Glad we're past that archaic design

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Guess I'll need to play through each level at least twice: once to get all the collectibles, and another time to just floor it to the next area.

@Spoony_Tech Control will always take precedence over visuals for me, which is why I vastly prefer Virtue's Last Reward on the 3DS over the Vita, even though the latter has superior sound, graphics, and lacks some of the former's bugs. It's just not as much fun to try writing notes with my finger on a single-screened system.

When both versions play the same, though, I will opt for the version that looks cleaner and crisper. Think of Conception II, for instance. The game looks PHENOMENAL on the Vita, and I could never play it comfortably on a 3DS, even though it is functionally the same game on both systems. In this case, though, the difference was dramatic because Conception II was designed with the Vita's specs in mind.

Retro games tend to look better on crisper displays. As such, were they launched at the same time, I'd likely opt for Shantae and Shovel Knight on Vita.

In games where the 3D is really remarkable, I would want to play it on the 3DS, though. The newer Professor Layton games, for instance, look INCREDIBLE in 3D. I wouldn't trade that for cleaner visuals any day of the week.

So it just depends for me, I guess.

Edited on by Ralizah

6ch6ris6

so when this game was first shown i was kinda disappointed because i would rather get a new advance wars game than another turn-based-team-strategy game like fire emblem (oh how i hate fire emblem!)

BUT after i played the demo i really like this game. i still think the victorian setting is stupid (i just dont like that stuff okay?) but the visuals are very detailed and polished.
most importantly the gameplay is way better than i thought it would be. aiming with the facebuttons or touchscreen works totally fine and the steam mechanice is really cool.
what i didnt like were the characters. WHY OH WHY do nintendo games always have to be this ridiculous even with settings that would work so well with a darker tone and more serious approach ? i dont want to go into details, because i already know lots of people here will defend the childish and funny tone of the game BUT the thing that annoyed me the most was that one lion character. a LION?! seriously? why a freaking animal??? it adds nothing to this game when animals are characters.

anyway i think i will still get the game someday. gameplay is tight and the rpg elements could make it even better.

PS: it's so cool that the demo was so big. they could have just made 1 or 2 tutorial levels but no it was an entire chapter. really cool

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

so when this game was first shown i was kinda disappointed because i would rather get a new advance wars game than another turn-based-team-strategy game like fire emblem (oh how i hate fire emblem!)

BUT after i played the demo i really like this game. i still think the victorian setting is stupid (i just dont like that stuff okay?) but the visuals are very detailed and polished.
most importantly the gameplay is way better than i thought it would be. aiming with the facebuttons or touchscreen works totally fine and the steam mechanice is really cool.
what i didnt like were the characters. WHY OH WHY do nintendo games always have to be this ridiculous even with settings that would work so well with a darker tone and more serious approach ? i dont want to go into details, because i already know lots of people here will defend the childish and funny tone of the game BUT the thing that annoyed me the most was that one lion character. a LION?! seriously? why a freaking animal??? it adds nothing to this game when animals are characters.

anyway i think i will still get the game someday. gameplay is tight and the rpg elements could make it even better.

PS: it's so cool that the demo was so big. they could have just made 1 or 2 tutorial levels but no it was an entire chapter. really cool

I think they were looking for a character that could pounce and it almost had to be a animal. Otherwise it might've looked even more silly to have a human do this.

MERG said:

6ch6ris6

Spoony_Tech wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

I think they were looking for a character that could pounce and it almost had to be a animal. Otherwise it might've looked even more silly to have a human do this.

oh because a human with a steam-jetpack and spikes under his shoes looks more silly than a lion doin a triple front flip on an enemy ???

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

Other than the absurdly long enemy movement phases, this game is almost perfect. Wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be my 3DS GOTY.

6ch6ris6 wrote:

oh because a human with a steam-jetpack and spikes under his shoes looks more silly than a lion doin a triple front flip on an enemy ???

Sure, why would a human pounce like that? It makes sense for an anthropomorphic lion to pounce.
Anyway, if you want a grimdark version of this game, might I recommend X-Com: Enemy Unknown? Similar-ish gameplay, but no Victorian premise and it is completely devoid of lions.

Edited on by Ralizah

6ch6ris6

Ralizah wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Sure, why would a human pounce like that? It makes sense for an anthropomorphic lion to pounce.
Anyway, if you want a grimdark version of this game, might I recommend X-Com: Enemy Unknown? Similar-ish gameplay, but no Victorian premise and it is completely devoid of lions.

too bad x-com is not on a nintendo platform. i wonder why? not colourful enough? too serious?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ryu_Niiyama

This is my new vice. I got an unlimited demo (why is this not just the norm?) and I adore this game. I complained about the enemy movement at first but i use the time to switch view points and use the camera to map out my next moves.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

too bad x-com is not on a nintendo platform. i wonder why? not colourful enough? too serious?

It's a third-party game. It probably wouldn't sell on a Nintendo platform. At least, that's the perception third-party publishers have regarding Nintendo platforms. If you have a PC, it will play on that platform as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Taceus

Played through the first map (of the demo) and I'm liking it. Very likely I'll buy this.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Sparx

At first it was a game I'd get when I could

after the demo day one buy for me

My avatar is from here

Pokefanmum82

like this game but it will be a game I maybe get during the summer when I don't have something else to play.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Akazury

I was on the fence, but been playing a bit of the Demo and def getting this.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

This demo seems to be impressing a lot of people. Can't wait to get through it.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

like this game but it will be a game I maybe get during the summer when I don't have something else to play.

Agreed.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.