Forums

Topic: Code Name: STEAM

Posts 221 to 240 of 362

Dreamsleep

This game is kicking my tail...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Donalp15

Dreamsleep wrote:

Are you having trouble with 2 or 4 characters? Because it definitely gets easy with a full team.
You'll get the hang of it.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Stg123

I'm confused about the "Gear Acquired" medals. Do you actually get new gear (and if so do you have to get all 3 per map?) or are they just collectibles?

Stg123

3DS Friend Code: 4442-0159-3171

Spoony_Tech

Stg123 wrote:

I'm confused about the "Gear Acquired" medals. Do you actually get new gear (and if so do you have to get all 3 per map?) or are they just collectibles?

I don't think they have a use in the demo. I do believe in the main game they will help in some way.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

So after playing the demo, I've become unsure of the game. I was pretty confident in Intelligent Systems before the demo, but after awhile I got bored of waiting for the enemy to take their turn. It got to the point where I left after I made my turn, checked the notification on my phone charging across the room, and came back and the enemy was still taking its turn.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Spoony_Tech

SkywardLink98 wrote:

So after playing the demo, I've become unsure of the game. I was pretty confident in Intelligent Systems before the demo, but after awhile I got bored of waiting for the enemy to take their turn. It got to the point where I left after I made my turn, checked the notification on my phone charging across the room, and came back and the enemy was still taking its turn.

I'm hoping for an option to speed it up a bit but to be honest it's not really much different then any other strategy game. Enemy has to take their turn. I never seen them take longer then 45 secs for me and really whenever I play these types of games I always do the same thing and check my phone or even go to the bathroom and this is no different.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

@Spoony_Tech I didn't mind it in Fire Emblem, but that's because I saw something going on at all times. The 3rd person camera means I could be staring at a crate for the forty seconds, or I could be seeing game-changing battles. I took about thirty seconds per turn, and so I felt like half the game I was doing nothing.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Spoony_Tech

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Spoony_Tech I didn't mind it in Fire Emblem, but that's because I saw something going on at all times. The 3rd person camera means I could be staring at a crate for the forty seconds, or I could be seeing game-changing battles. I took about thirty seconds per turn, and so I felt like half the game I was doing nothing.

You do know you can change to different players to see what's going on while the enemy moves right?

MERG said:

Dreamsleep

Donalp15 wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

Are you having trouble with 2 or 4 characters? Because it definitely gets easy with a full team.
You'll get the hang of it.

It was the two man missions, and yeah, after you get Tiger Lily, and Lion, it's easy peasy.

Lots of complaints about the enemy turns, but honestly you should position your team so that you see what's going on. Even if you don't have steam for Overwatch, you should want to know where those baddies are moving around the map. Don't have your guy staring at a crate, turn the camera to an area of the battlefield where he can see movement. The turns don't bother me, honestly, and yeah, you can switch characters.

D-pad to switch them, also the R button changes range on some weapons as well (Medi-Mortar, Lion Launcher, Bear Grenade), if some didn't know that. I tried to get into some nooks and crannies with Lion, but a lot of places he can't jump to, which I was a little disappointed with. Oh well.

I have all of the gears, except for the third map, and finished in every map before the turn limit is up, so I should have all of the bonuses, once I finish up 1-3. 2-1 was really fun, but kinda easy. I really kinda hate that I'm basically done with the demo, seeing as how it's over a month until release. Very cool, though, that your coins will transfer, and you get a unique weapon when you get the full game. I hope it's not just for the digital version. I keep ranking up, and I think I'm up to Shotgun Riders, right now.

All in all, I really love the game. The comic book cutscenes, were awesome. The neat little trailer that plays showing Scarecrow was cool, too. He looks to have some kind of Pumpkin mines, lol.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

SkywardLink98

Spoony_Tech wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

You do know you can change to different players to see what's going on while the enemy moves right?

Of course, but it didn't feel like it helped all that much. I got bored before I had any more than two characters though.

Henmii

It was a pretty fun demo. Long enough (most Nintendo demo's are terribly short), and pretty hard to. At least for me. I guess I'll buy it. It would be nice though to add a option for speeding up the enemy turns, and maybe a better camera and overview. So I can more easily spot enemies, and plan my next move! Graphics could have been better, but overall it looks like a fun game with some difficulty. Like Fire emblem of course.

Henmii

Dreamsleep

Henmii wrote:

It was a pretty fun demo. Long enough (most Nintendo demo's are terribly short), and pretty hard to. At least for me. I guess I'll buy it. It would be nice though to add a option for speeding up the enemy turns, and maybe a better camera and overview. So I can more easily spot enemies, and plan my next move! Graphics could have been better, but overall it looks like a fun game with some difficulty. Like Fire emblem of course.

The neat thing about the demo, is that you can rank up, earn coins, and eventually transfer your save with a unique weapon, giving you a headstart on the rest of the missions. The enemy turns won't be sped up, more than likely, unless you get a New 3DS. Even that is a guess, by me.

You aren't really supposed to be able to spot the enemies easily, that's kinda the way the game is made. You are supposed to position your squad, and use high ground to gain a better view of the battlefield. The game makes you work to get a leg up on the aliens. It's done on purpose, really, to add tension.

Graphics, well...it's the 3DS. Art style, however, I personally love.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Spoony_Tech

Dreamsleep wrote:

Henmii wrote:

The neat thing about the demo, is that you can rank up, earn coins, and eventually transfer your save with a unique weapon, giving you a headstart on the rest of the missions. The enemy turns won't be sped up, more than likely, unless you get a New 3DS. Even that is a guess, by me.

You aren't really supposed to be able to spot the enemies easily, that's kinda the way the game is made. You are supposed to position your squad, and use high ground to gain a better view of the battlefield. The game makes you work to get a leg up on the aliens. It's done on purpose, really, to add tension.

Graphics, well...it's the 3DS. Art style, however, I personally love.

You took all of the words right out of my mouth. I guess people that aren't use to these types of games don't have the patience to play them. It is a strategy game after all and most I know take time to plan.

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

To be fair, I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and I would LOVE to have the option to speed up enemy turns, since when you're grinding the same maps it can get very repetitive. So I can totally understand waiting 30 seconds for every enemy turn getting agrivating after a while, even for those who are used to this stuff. Even Fire Emblem offers the ability to turn animations off, thus speeding up battle considerably, if you so desire...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Henmii

"You aren't really supposed to be able to spot the enemies easily, that's kinda the way the game is made. You are supposed to position your squad, and use high ground to gain a better view of the battlefield. The game makes you work to get a leg up on the aliens. It's done on purpose, really, to add tension"

Yeah, I guess you are right. By the way, this game is much more about stealth then Fire emblem. Wich is good, because that makes it different.

Henmii

Sparx

I have no idea how to post vids but this must be shared

Lincoln is playable....AND HIS WEAPON IS A GIANT MECH!

EXECUTIVE DECISION!!!!

Edited on by Sparx

My avatar is from here

Dezzy

Finally got round to playing this demo. An interesting but fairly average game so far. Good ideas and well-put together game but the art style leaves it without much sense of identity and the gameplay is just no way near as fun as Fire Emblem.
How does this compare to Valkyria Chronicles then?

CanisWolfred wrote:

To be fair, I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and I would LOVE to have the option to speed up enemy turns, since when you're grinding the same maps it can get very repetitive. So I can totally understand waiting 30 seconds for every enemy turn getting agrivating after a while, even for those who are used to this stuff. Even Fire Emblem offers the ability to turn animations off, thus speeding up battle considerably, if you so desire...

That was a noticeable issue with the original FFT as well. Ridiculously long-winded with no option to skip. And each action took about 3 keypresses for each 1 keypress in Fire Emblem.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WebHead

Any idea when the review embargo lifts?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ThePirateCaptain

@WebHead
Judging by the fact that there are no reviews yet, I'd guess Thursday when the game officially releases.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Donalp15

I think I heard IGN and Gamexplain say the review drops on Wednesday.

FC 0516 7736 7877

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.