Forums

Topic: Code Name: STEAM

Posts 181 to 200 of 362

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

I tried out the demo and....eh?

I may buy it eventually, but it's not a priority. I'd say if there's a good sale I'd get it.

I would say the Fire Emblem amiibo compatibility is a reason to consider it, but it's virtually impossible to get any of them so there's no point

Did you miss the part of the direct that they will be reissuing them when the game comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a bundle with Amiibo's.

@Ralizah I hope they let us mess with the sensitivity on the aiming because I'm having a difficult time getting it just where I want with the cpp. Of course by then I will have the New 3ds so it won't matter I guess.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I tried out the demo and....eh?

I may buy it eventually, but it's not a priority. I'd say if there's a good sale I'd get it.

I would say the Fire Emblem amiibo compatibility is a reason to consider it, but it's virtually impossible to get any of them so there's no point

Did you miss the part of the direct that they will be reissuing them when the game comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a bundle with Amiibo's.

@Ralizah I hope they let us mess with the sensitivity on the aiming because I'm having a difficult time getting it just where I want with the cpp. Of course by then I will have the New 3ds so it won't matter I guess.

I didn't, but I'm still not optimistic that I will ever see one in my lifetime

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ralek85

I don't know why everyone here seems to try forcing CCP on the game. Stylus controls work perfectly fine for me, just saying, try it with the non-CCP/ stylus control option - it controls just fine.
Anyways, was very impressed by the game. It really seems to be the first portable "version" of Incubation I ever got to play It's a lot of fun and the demo offers a good amount of content (took me about 2 hours to clear all the mission and find all the cogs). The only aspect of it that turns me off is the non-existent challenge. I didn't die once during the whole demo and even worse I think you'd have to intentionally commit suicide to manage it at all. I really hope that's either just an issue with the demo version, or of the first few "tutorial" stages ... I'm definitely going to get this Day1 though, and it's going to be a blast, it might just not be as much of mind- and bodyconsuming experience like FE:A for example.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Yoshi

It's a little awkward to control because I'm left-handed, but no big deal. Maybe the C-stick will work out well for me?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

Ralek85 wrote:

I don't know why everyone here seems to try forcing CCP on the game. Stylus controls work perfectly fine for me, just saying, try it with the non-CCP/ stylus control option - it controls just fine.
Anyways, was very impressed by the game. It really seems to be the first portable "version" of Incubation I ever got to play It's a lot of fun and the demo offers a good amount of content (took me about 2 hours to clear all the mission and find all the cogs). The only aspect of it that turns me off is the non-existent challenge. I didn't die once during the whole demo and even worse I think you'd have to intentionally commit suicide to manage it at all. I really hope that's either just an issue with the demo version, or of the first few "tutorial" stages ... I'm definitely going to get this Day1 though, and it's going to be a blast, it might just not be as much of mind- and bodyconsuming experience like FE:A for example.

I died once when I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. Still I took out the rest of the enemies with the one remaining unit I had.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cookiex

You do have to be somewhat careful when traversing the map. Letting your squad members stray too far from each other is an easy way to get one of them killed since the aliens like to gang up on one target.

I made that mistake with Lion and he got his donkey handed to him by a group of Prowlers.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Sleepingmudkip

I'm warming up to the game mechanics. At first i didn't like it because the whole steam thing but soon i got addicted to the game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Haru17

This demo convinced me to not buy this game. After being bored by Awakening I shouldn't have been surprised, but outside of Paper Mario nothing Intelligent Systems makes is for me.

Just walking around the map I get randomly blind-sighted by enemies which not only hurt you, but also involuntary lock in your movement in an overly long cutscene. I get that that's tactical and whatever, but I don't want to have to peek around every corner, that's just poor pacing. That and one of the maps had infinitely-spawning enemies that overwhelmed and killed me when the game didn't even let you know that the enemies would just infinitely spawn in the forests and over the wall. That was when I turned the game off, what BS.

This game just isn't worth it if all the combat and story is this dull and annoying.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

This demo convinced me to not buy this game. After being bored by Awakening I shouldn't have been surprised, but outside of Paper Mario nothing Intelligent Systems makes is for me.

Just walking around the map I get randomly blind-sighted by enemies which not only hurt you, but also involuntary lock in your movement in an overly long cutscene. I get that that's tactical and whatever, but I don't want to have to peek around every corner, that's just poor pacing. That and one of the maps had infinitely-spawning enemies that overwhelmed and killed me when the game didn't even let you know that the enemies would just infinitely spawn in the forests and over the wall. That was when I turned the game off, what BS.

This game just isn't worth it if all the combat and story is this dull and annoying.

Sounds like strategy games aren't your thing. I mean, if you think actually having to be cautious and plan your moves is "poor pacing" you are very clearly playing the wrong genre. But at least it was a demo instead of $40.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sleepingmudkip

Haru17 wrote:

story is this dull and annoying.

How do you judge the story of a game based on the Demo, they probably made it dull so nothing spoiled

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Dreamsleep

I loved the demo. However, I only got to play the first couple of missions. I love everything about it, though, except for a couple of things. I had just finished playing FE GBA, and had the weight of the gamepad in my mind, I guess. It just instantly clicked with me that this game would have been way better for the WiiU. The size of the gamepad screen, plus the size of your TV for viewing the battlefield, would have been a huge advantage over shoehorning the game onto the 3DS screens. I mean, I didn't hate it, I just saw that it could be better on a home console.

Another negative would be the crappy 3DS speakers. They sure do turn that epic soundtrack into a tinny mess. Anyway...my fault for not having headphones. Oh wait, no...it's Nintendo's fault for being cheap as...well....you know.

That being said, I love everything else. The art style, love it. The cheese, love it. Henry Fleming's voice actor has got to be George Ledoux, the same guy that played Minuteman in Freedom Force. Sounds just like him, if he isn't. John Henry has a good voice actor, as well, but he doesn't click with me as hearing him before.

Love the gameplay, but I love these kinds of games. The long alien turns do not bother me, as I'm not super hyper when playing games. I just relax, and this is a great game to plan moves out, and relax. It's got a lot of depth to it, really. You can get your tail handed to you if you just run through the map.

Anyway, I figured I would love this game, and I'm glad I'm right. I hate it when a game isn't as good as I thought it was going to be....Wonderful 101 anyone? But yeah, Day Zero on this mug.

I know it's gonna bomb, though. But, if it doesn't I hope they make the sequel for the home console. I'd love a physical copy, but I'd even take a digital only release that way.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

MegaMari0

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

story is this dull and annoying.

How do you judge the story of a game based on the Demo, they probably made it dull so nothing spoiled

I love the whole steampunk historical angle. Comic book storytelling, sure it isn't new but I guess I'm just biased to it cuz I'm 'murican. Love the whole abe lincoln thing as well. I guess I like seeing our history used in an entertaining way.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

iphys

I was scared I wouldn't like it since I pre-ordered it during E3, but wow the demo is great and long enough to get everyone addicted, lol.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm getting a strong Ghost Recon Shadow Wars vibe from this Only in 3d.

Agreed fully. Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was a great game for 3DS, too. STEAM has alotta personality going for it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Storytime7

I've just finished playing the demo, and wasn't disappointed. The demo has enough content that anyone on the fence should be able to decide if they want to buy this game from playing it. I don't want to go into too much detail with my impressions, so I'll just list some pros and cons.

Pros:

• Steam is a good mechanic. It makes you have to plan your actions carefully, but doesn't punish the player because you can backtrack to regain steam.
  • Each character in the demo felt unique, and they all had uses that add depth to the strategy in this game.
  • Looks good for a 3DS game, and the comic-styled cutscenes are neat.
  • Collectables help add variety to the missions in the demo that would otherwise be as simple as getting from point A to point B.
  • No permadeath, but players are penalized for letting a character die in battle.

Cons:

• Enemy turns last too long. It wasn't always like this, but there were a few times where the enemy turn lasted almost an entire minute.
  • Enemies occasionally spawn nearby without any indication, and this causes them to sometimes get free hits on your characters.
  • Camera angles can sometimes be awkward when looking around, and this causes it to sometimes not be of much help. Only a minor complaint because being able to regain steam from backtracking to your initial position means you can just move to a spot that gives you a better view of the area, and then backtrack to regain steam when you've planned out a strategy.
  • While I assume the full game will get harder as you progress through the story, it seems like this game won't be much of a challenge for people who don't go out of their way to get all the collectables during missions.

A few complaints that I can see ruining the game for some people, but I feel the pros outweigh the cons.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

veeflames

I'm impressed. It's similar to other strategies out there, but at the same time it's different. I'm totally a fan of the comic book theme(I didn't like it when I first saw it, but after seeing it in person I wish more games had this feel).
However, I don't get why maps are absent. IN A STRATEGY GAME! Without a map, it's like I'm blindly moving into battle. The camera scheme reminds me of Uprising. And it's a tad sensitive, leading me to miss attacks(I once accidentally attacked John ) and waste steam. I like the overwatch feature, though. Alien Movement is too long - There is no way to speed it up. I'm actually happy with that, because of the earworm that plays during the enemy's turn.
Overall, I'm totally impressed with the game.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Dezzy

Storytime7 wrote:

Pros:

Really? I thought that was the main thing working against it. Compared to Zelda and Monster Hunter 4, it looks a bit primitive to my eye. Although granted, those are 2 of the best looking games on the system.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Storytime7

Dezzy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Pros:

Really? I thought that was the main thing working against it. Compared to Zelda and Monster Hunter 4, it looks a bit primitive to my eye. Although granted, those are 2 of the best looking games on the system.

The game looks fine when playing it, but that could also have something to do with the fact that I played the demo on an original 3DS (smaller screen). Not great, but good enough.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

MegaMari0

Storytime7 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Pros:

The game looks fine when playing it, but that could also have something to do with the fact that I played the demo on an original 3DS (smaller screen). Not great, but good enough.

It's the art style folks. Games like MH and Zelda don't go for the steampunk looks. The sharp edges and thick lines are classic characteristics for this kind of game.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.