Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 861 to 880 of 923

Spoony_Tech

@Operative The current New 3ds just acts like the cpp anyways. Upon loading up Monster Hunter the game always says cpp detected.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

meleebrawler

Anyone else get a Hyper Mode MOD after loading their Blast Ball data? It's unbreakable (I assume all achievement-unlocked MODs, if there are any others will be) and doubles damage + lets you move freely with charged shots as long as your health is full.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

MarcelRguez

Three missions in, so far so good. My only complaint gameplay-wise is the low speed of the mech. Other than that, it's fine. I still want to play it to the end, but a 7 feels about right.

How are paint jobs unlocked? Just by getting good scores on the missions, or is there something else to it?

Also, I'm finding the music incredibly bland. I'm assuming Yamamoto didn't work on this.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@meleebrawler yep, did you have all skins unlocked in Blast Ball or did you get it without that?

@MarcelRguez you unlock new paint jobs with more medals. Also I find myself side hopping often when I want to move quickly which usually works well for me.

@Operative I played Blast Ball on my XL with the CPP which was my favourite control setup with gyro for when locked on (it's in options for the dual stick controls).
But I ended up downloading the game on my new 3DS. However after playing it for awhile I have gotten used to the c-stick and it seems to work well.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

meleebrawler

@Kazuo Don't know if I got all of them, but the last one I got was the Ridley skin, which is apparently somewhat difficult to get.

RedFinch

@Spoony_Tech
In Canada, Best Buy is only selling Fed Force as an online only, at least for now. I picked it up at Toys R Us today instead and only had time to finish the training and I went online and completed the first mission. It really wasn't too bad! I have the game set up to N3DS XL controls, so I use the extra shoulder buttons and it feels pretty good.

RedFinch

UNSOLUTEDSALT

I've played a few missions solo, but I played my first online mission. I have to say that it was pretty fun. I never was down on the game. I was actually pretty excited and I am glad I bought it. I hope everyone else who plays it has as good a time as me.

I'm looking forward to getting more online missions done.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

yokokazuo

@meleebrawler oh, all of the skins are random by the way.
But some of the last challenges you may get are getting 100 wins and beating challenge mode 10 times.

yokokazuo

RR529

@Kazuo, there's a skin you can't unlock unless you beat challenge mode 10 TIMES!?

Geez, it took me a week to finally beat it once... (I've only beat it twice in total). Don't know if I'll ever get that one (or the one where you have to get 3 assissts in a single game. I hardly ever get assissts).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shaneoh

@RR529
Three assists wasn't too hard, when the ball is almost in the goal, fire off a few weak shots, then wait for someone to use their charged shot to knock it in.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

yokokazuo

@RR529 overall I think it gets easier on later playthroughs... Just so long as you don't run get ejected... Those led to most of my losses in the game mode haha

Also there is one challenge for 50 assists btw. When I had everything unlocked, I had over 100 goals, 73 or so assists, 200+ saves, 120 games played and 100 games won.

yokokazuo

MarcelRguez

Some solo missions are the stuff of nightmares. I can see how mission 9 (the one with the power cell carts and the electric storm) would be fun with more people, but doing it on your own is just a gargantuan amount of work. Also, the boss of mission 7 and his insta-death attack taught me the importance of mods.

I'm liking the prominence of the Space Pirates so far. Their logs were some of the more interesting things to read in the Prime trilogy, so it's good to have these guys back. The logs in this game need to be reworked, though. Give me lengthier, better written texts that I can read in some other menu after the mission is done.

@Kazuo Thought so. Thanks.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

yokokazuo

@MarcelRguez I have played mission 9 by myself and with others, I certainly enjoyed playing with others, but I got more points by myself haha.
When by myself I was pushing both at around the same time and ended up losing one though. However I got a bunch of points from pushing both of them that it gave me 3 medals still.
Luckily I didn't get hit by the instant death attack on mission 7 solo, he took me out at the end, but ran into my mine so I still beat it
I did however get hit when playing with others.

Also who all wants to try playing some multiplayer sometime? (with voice chat perhaps?)
I've been playing with @Pikmin22 recently and it's been pretty fun. However I am currently on a trip and am only able to play in my hotel lobby so I haven't used voice chat yet.

yokokazuo

meleebrawler

Okay guys, question time.

Which came first; the Chozo or the Orb?

DefHalan

Well, my brother is a HUGE Metroid fan and he is really enjoying Federation Force. He acknowledges that it isn't a normal Metroid game, he compares it more to Mass Effect gameplay (not the dialogue stuff) and can't stop playing. He is looking forward to when I get a copy of the game so we can play together.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SensationalSean

Like an idiot, I drove around to several shops here in Ireland in an effort to find the game ... only to find ultimately that it isn't out here until Sept. 2. I wanted to get on release day to support the franchise, but I guess now I can go a step further and pre-order it!

SensationalSean

Twitter:

TuVictus

Playing the game online is fun, but there's so little time to do anything when everyone is running through. So my system is playing a mission online, then replaying it alone to find the secrets myself, get all the mods, explore the environment more thoroughly.

I enjoy it alot. Some of the bigger missions really do evoke a Metroid prime feeling when playing alone. But I still really hate the chibi models. The scenery is definitely Metroid feeling, but feels ruined when any humanoid enemy comes on screen.

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

I don't think the team sat down and thought the "space pirates are much larger than usual" thing at all, especially when everything seems to be scaled as well. It makes sense in that fire planet due to the lore, but why are the doors on the G.F.S. ships mech-sized, for example? Besides the obvious thing about the player character not fitting through them otherwise, I mean. I don't know, seems a bit incongruous to me. Minor complaint, though.

@Operative Completely agree on all accounts.

MarcelRguez

Spoony_Tech

Anybody else getting massive hand cramps from this game?

So I completed the first mission and can tell I'm going to love this game! It still feels like Metriod to me but obviously level based.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.