Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 881 to 900 of 923

MarcelRguez

Just finished it. A couple of thoughts:

Samus jobbed hard
22 missions feels a bit short, although you unlock hard mode after beating it
The post-credits cutscene surprised me. I knew there was one, but I didn't expect it to be so inconsequential. Yes, it re-establishes Metroids as a threat, but I'm sure Prime 4 will explain the events of this game so those that haven't played it catch up on the plot

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

RedFinch

@Spoony_Tech

What config are you using?

This is my sweet set up for N3DS XL - I love it and have been sharing it wherever I can as a PSA to promote the game. I really don't want this game to fail as it will only mean less people will play and harder to find online players. I also think it's a worthy game.

My config is only for N3DS as you use the nub controller to look around and turn:
CHOOSE Config B
THEN TAP OPTIONS:
Gyro Aim when Locked On: ON
Invert y-axis: OFF
Aim sensitivity: Max 2

The nub is only used to look in the general direction of enemies and then you tap the ZL to toggle lock on (you don't need to keep it pressed). While locked on, you can use gyro to make fine adjustments to do head shots or leading shots to hit moving targets. If your gyro controls are off, a quick double tap on ZL will reset your aim.

It's pretty sweet set up and I haven't had hand cramps, but I usually play under 2 hours in a sitting.

RedFinch

Spoony_Tech

@Hey-Cha-La I didn't know you could do that. I've been stuck in between both control set ups wanting bits of both. I want to look freely with the second nub but I want to do it with control set up A. Walking around and not be able to turn easily is my biggest complaint but I want gyro as well. Thanks for this as that's what I wanted!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lycidas

so how is the single player content? I won't be able to play local mp and I don't really want to play online on this one, so I'm on the fence. and how about controls, is a circle pad pro worth it? I don't want to play to much with gyro as I already feel like the hinge of my xl is a bit loose.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

MarcelRguez

@Lycidas Turns out you can play through the entire game solo (I didn't know that before jumping in). You have to think of it as an arcade, mission-based shooter first and foremost. It's decently challenging at points and yes, I would recommend a circle pad pro. Not sure if they made those for the XL models, though, you might want to look onto that.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Lycidas

@MarcelRguez thanks! That doesn't sound half bad, mission-based meaning it can be played in shorterish bursts, right? Challenging is all right too!

as for the CPP, yeah, there's an XL variant, but it's been sold out about everywhere. luckily amazon ships it from Japan.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

TuVictus

Using gyro to aim without lock on : very annoying.

Using gyro to fine tune aim while locked on: super satisfying

TuVictus

bagajr

I made a small discord group to find people to play the game because a consistent group is nice and relying on randoms can be annoying, especially if you want to do any of the bonus stuff in each level. https://discord.gg/uDS7ECa

bagajr

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9152-2221 | Nintendo Network ID: bagajr | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Recently went back to Mission 11 and at one point I noticed Samus flying her ship up in the sky which I had not noticed during my previous playthroughs of the level. Does anyone else know of other missions where Samus perhaps makes an appearance if you look in the right place? (Not including Missions 12 and 22 since those ones are kind of obvious.

Hmm, encountered some strange glitch on Mission 13 when carrying an artifact. I think it may have been caused by lag, but for some reason I was able to carry an artifact while still having the ability to shoot. I was still slowed down, but I could not drop the artifact at all. Even tried taking another one to the goal to see if it would free the others, but I still had the other one as well. Ended up quitting in hopes that my teammates would be able to pick it up afterwards, but I'm not sure if they could.
Also it even stuck with me when my mech was taken down.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

meleebrawler

That hard mode mission select music is surprisingly heart-pounding and intense.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

UNSOLUTEDSALT

I just finished the game and haven't seen the post credits, but I just wanted to say that this was one of the coolest extended-universe Metroid games I've played. After that last mission as well I wouldn't be mad at a proper prime game using this engine. Screw attack FTW!

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Pahvi That's what I was thinking too. Didn't even think about pinball but Hunters would be the other.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shaneoh

Only completed the first mission so far, but I've got a feeling I'm going to be enjoying the game right to the end. On my next session I will be giving multiplayer a go.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Andyliini

I just completed the main story of this game, all missions, that is. I played through most of the missions solo, nut had to jump online for Mission 11, it became too hard for me to beat alone. I was surprised how well the game ran online. I played with a few people from Japan (at least seemingly Japanese) and the game ran great, no lag, no disconnects, no graphical of framerate hiccups, like I was playing locally. NLG really did good job with the netcode. Also, the game looks way better in motion than in screens.

Anyway, the controls took a mission or two to get used to, but control scheme A with gyro enabled worked great in the end, much better than touchscreen aiming like Hunters, for example. The missions were quite varied, although there were a bit too many base defense missions for my liking. Theys always felt too hectic to play solo. The bosses were great, especially the final boss, NLG continues to nail them right from Luigi's Mansion 2.

I feel a bit sad about the games reception and low sales, as I don't feel they were all justified. Hopefully the next game from NLG strikes gold again.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Looking for some people to play hard mode with if anyone is interested. Got just a few of the final missions to get 3 medals in now.
If anyone wants to join me, pleas @ me and we can add each other and set up a time to play.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Peach64

This is £14.85 at ShopTo for those in the UK.

Peach64

Spoony_Tech

Still say it's worth that price and then some. While not a great traditional Metroid game it's still a good game.

MERG said:

McGruber

I want to pick this up for it's online, but IDK if there would even be anyone playing (as is the case with most 3DS online games). Any insight NL?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

roy130390

@McGruber Online is probably dead considering the poor reception. It's a shame since it's actually a pretty good game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

kkslider5552000

The thing that ACTUALLY annoys me about this game is that as a Metroid fan, I basically have to get it. And likely sooner rather than later, if I want to properly experience the multiplayer (which everyone says is the only good way to play it).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sorry, this topic has been locked.