Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 261 to 280 of 923

TuVictus

[quote=arronishere][quote=Artwark]

Blast wrote:

Artwark wrote:

What do they mean by Main story? Something that's like Splatoon?

But the other thing that worries me most is that its being developed by Next Level Games which made Dark Moon. Granted, Dark Moon is still fun for what it is but its a tad of a disappointment as a sequel and I'm worried if they will screw this one up.

That being said, I'm looking forward to it. I personally never got to try out the Prime series.

Can you expand on that please as I'm not getting your point.

Dark Moon was fun, but didn't have nearly as much personality as the first game. All the ghosts aside from the 3 sisters were just generic designs. The thing I loved about the original was the backstory and identities of each boss ghost. As much as I enjoyed it, it doesn't hold a candle to the gameplay or story of the first game. Is generic designs just a Next Level thing? Because I'm getting that sense from this game too

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Koopa-King

@Operative I agree that the portrait ghost did have a lot of backstory between the and that the bosses of Dark Moon came out of nowhere I find the normal grunts to be a lot more wacky. They didn't just pop up from time to time and scare you. Some you could see messing around with pots and pans while others played in a car. Some even used the items around them to become an entirely new enemy. Sure the design was generic but the amount of depth the ghosts have reminded me a lot of the boos's from the paper mario franchise. Although thats just me. Its perfectly fine to like the gameplay over the other. But I will defend the personality traits from this game over the other!

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

-Green-

I can't help but feel a tinge of mixed emotions towards this game. I do enjoy the game, its design, and the idea of how the game is meant to help the main series expand, but I can't help but see how normal Metroid fans must feel towards it. Apparently 21000 people petitioned for its cancellation, along with a 90 percent dislike ratio, doesn't sound good for the game. Although, I still do hope that the game turns out well and can help appease its audience.

At the moment, it does seem promising.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

cookiex

Blast wrote:

Dark Moon was also short. Too short... Needed more post game content.

It's still four times longer than the original game was (I can beat LM1 in less than 3 hours and it took me about 12 hours to beat Dark Moon) and has side content the original didn't have like bonus levels in each mansion and a multiplayer mode.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Socar

I still don't understand the logic over how fans are happy about Uprising even when its completely different from the previous games and yet when this game goes to that route, fans complain........

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

I still don't understand the logic over how fans are happy about Uprising even when its completely different from the previous games and yet when this game goes to that route, fans complain........

Not everyone was happy with Uprising and it was a dead series before it came out.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Artwark: Kid Icarus only had an NES and Game Boy game release before it and the latest game was 20 years before Uprising. Metroid Prime is still very recent in comparison, the trilogy bundle came out 6 years ago and the most recent new game was 8 years ago. Also, Of Myths and Monsters was considered a good game whereas Other M (the last Metroid game) is always considered an abomination.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

Other M was an alright game, I think people are bashing it too much..

The ONLY thing wrong with Other M was the cutscenes an samus's whining.. that's literaly it. The game itself was fine, the plot was ok, but the character dialog was just so off from what we're used to.. especially the breakdown during the ridley encounter after about 5 previous ones before that.

It was very easy though with the dodging.. although it was still pretty fun game overall. I don't know how playable that style of gameplay would've been without the dodging, since it did need dodging a lot.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

It's the game play I didn't Luke about other m. The cut scenes and story didn't bother me one bit. The gameplay was neither prime style or 2d Metroid style and that's why I disliked it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Mansa

I'm a little worried about the Metroid franchise itself after this... I really don't want to read fanfiction on what might have happened to Samus after Metroid Fusion

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Socar

@Bronze: Its interesting because Yoshio Sakamoto himself doesn't want to center Metroid after Fusion because they feel as to make the game centered through the mid timeline itself during development of Other M.

What can they think of after Fusion? Clearly all the Metroids are gone and Ridley is dead so to make a game with these two being involved can be very risky because of the fact that other M suffered because of its story and if they are to make a game after fusion, it would need a strong story.

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

@Bronze: Its interesting because Yoshio Sakamoto himself doesn't want to center Metroid after Fusion because they feel as to make the game centered through the mid timeline itself during development of Other M.

What can they think of after Fusion? Clearly all the Metroids are gone and Ridley is dead so to make a game with these two being involved can be very risky because of the fact that other M suffered because of its story and if they are to make a game after fusion, it would need a strong story.

I don't think it would be that risky. Just have us discover a uncharted planet that has a new species of Metroid and a clone of Ridley. People have accepted worst story telling than that lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

@DefHalan: I feel Fusion doesn't have a bad story and the reason why its linear was to tell its story. I certainly didn't find it bad written tbh.

Also I misread that he does state that without other M, it would be impossible to make a new game after fusion so my bad. But even so, Nintendo would most likely just make games that take place within the timeline itself like this game.

I'm willing to bet that the next game would take place between Other M and Fusion.

Edited on by Socar

Blast

Bronze wrote:

I'm a little worried about the Metroid franchise itself after this... I really don't want to read fanfiction on what might have happened to Samus after Metroid Fusion

Don't worry. The good Fanfiction states that Samus is dating Little Mac and fighting in Smash 4. That's where she is while Federation Force occurs.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: Haven't both Ridley and Metroids been killed off many times in the series already? And besides, metroids can easily be written back into the story. Ridley, not so much without some miracle after Fusion, but believe it or not, Ridley doesn't need to be in a Metroid game. Hell, the story deosn't need to be focused on Metroids either. There's a lot of ways they could go with the story after Fusion, especially after the introduction of the X parasites.

Yes, I like bears.

Bolt_Strike

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

@Artwark: Haven't both Ridley and Metroids been killed off many times in the series already? And besides, metroids can easily be written back into the story. Ridley, not so much without some miracle after Fusion, but believe it or not, Ridley doesn't need to be in a Metroid game. Hell, the story deosn't need to be focused on Metroids either. There's a lot of ways they could go with the story after Fusion, especially after the introduction of the X parasites.

Ridley has some kind of resurrection/regeneration powers, so I see no reason why he can't come back. The Metroids and X parasites are a bit trickier though, because they have to write around the fact that Samus killed them both off in Fusion.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrizzlyArctos

@Bolt_Strike: Haven't Metroids have been wiped out before in the series. It won't take much to write them back in. Same for the X parasites. My point was that they could bring both Metroids and Ridley back easily, they're not the be all and end all for the series. All I was trying to say in my last post was that the story of a Metroid game doesn't necessarily have to involve Ridley or centre around Metroids, though they are important parts of the lore of the series. The series has started to add in more new story elements that could make for an interesting story. In Fusion, didn't the GF show interest in the X parasites? That could potentially be a story thread for a game set after Fusion.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos: You don't seem to understand the point here.

Also if the series doesn't need Metroids, then why is the main franchise called Metroids? That's like Calling the Alien movies without having any Aliens in them.

Now I haven't played the prime series so please don't spoil the story parts there.

• Metroid : Zero Mission: Samus wipes out Mother Brain as well as Ridley along with the Metroids.
  • Return of Samus: Galactic Federation has found Metroid Species around the planet and so Samus goes there to eliminate even the queen....only to save a baby metroid in the end.
  • Super Metroid: Event takes place after Return of Samus. The Baby Metroid got stolen by Ridley and as a result formed more Metroids.
  • Metroid other M: Haven't played the game but I spolied it myself seeing as how many hated to story. Adam Sacrificed himself to eliminate all the remaining metroids.
  • Fusion : The vaccine that Samus took made a clone of herself thus forming a metroid clone. Samus eliminates the entire SR388 thus bringing the end of how Metroid can be brought back.

The chozo are gone, Ridley's clone is eliminated as well but I wonder, how does Ridley reincarnated in other M when he was killed before other m is something that bothers me a bit. And every possible cloning is now gone.

All I can see them do really is a remake of Metroid 2.

Edited on by Socar

RR529

Doesn't Fusion conclude with the Space Station burning up in the atmosphere of a nearby planet?

If so, they could just say that one of the SA-X somehow survived the impact, and thus the X as well (While one or two of the SA-X were killed, the computer said there were at least 20, since they asexually reproduce). Maybe there were one or two Metroids left on board that survived as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Araquanid

@bolt_strike, Ridley does have regeneration abilities, but unlike the past games were Ridley's corpse laid, or Pirates collected his vital organs for the meta variation, Ridley was blown up with planet Zebes. The reason he returned in Other M was because his cells (I guess he blew up?) were present on Samus's armor like the metroids. Fusion was Ridley's corpse collected from his death by the queen metroid, (however they managed to move that without it disintegrating like every other metroid influenced victum is beyond me) which for sure died when the X parasite infected it, if it wasn't dead enough already.. (perhaps like mother brain he'd revive? Still finished by the X). The X blew up with their planet, meaning any trace of Ridley is gone entirely. The only way Ridley could return is if there is another ridley (there are others of his kind in the manga) elsewhere, or the X parasite revived from samus's body or something since they're contained in her and the X-ridley came back.

They could also do something like, the X parasite secretly managed to escape after infecting some scientist and flew off with Zebesian and human intellience.. but that's still not ridley DNA in that presence and only one X would have that DNA.

This would just be one of those things they'd have to randomly think of that ties in. I'm sure Other M's story wasn't planned during Fusion's development, so if they can squeeze that in, they can probably sneek some links in a sequel after randomly introducing metroids and ridley back into the title.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.