Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 241 to 260 of 923

Oragami

Bolt_Strike wrote:

But even the game itself looks pretty bad. The gameplay is pretty dumbed down and lacks everything that made Metroid's gameplay special. The iconic powerups are gone, exploration is practically nonexistent, and they took away the sense of isolation. It just looks like a generic co-op FPS game. And yes, it does feel like a massive waste of Next Level's talents.

Unless I'm missing something, I wouldn't count out the return of some iconic powerups. The idea does limit the amount of exploration that can be done, but that doesn't mean it will be nonexistent. And yes, the isolation is 100% gone.

The game isn't even out yet. Let's judge the game after it's released.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Bolt_Strike

Oragami wrote:

The idea does limit the amount of exploration that can be done, but that doesn't mean it will be nonexistent.

I said practically nonexistent. The minuscule amount of exploration that those tiny, arena like areas provide is probably all we're going to get.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

I'll say it again..

At what point was there any isolation in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (luminoth), and if you want to count it, Metroid Other M?

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

The part where Metroid Prime 2 had essentially 1 alive NPC until the end (and 3 being almost exclusively two of the smaller areas).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Oragami

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Oragami wrote:

The idea does limit the amount of exploration that can be done, but that doesn't mean it will be nonexistent.

I said practically nonexistent. The minuscule amount of exploration that those tiny, arena like areas provide is probably all we're going to get.

For all we know there is going to be much more exploration in these cramped arenas than we know or ever thought possible.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Araquanid

What I'm more interested to see, is how the single player mode will be. I know for a fact, the ice beast mission will be impossible in single player mode, since one player has to lure him in while the others close the gate. It'd be interesting to see samus make an appearence working alongside the GF in single player, and the GF are just the multiplayer/NPC characters since well, 4 samuses won't work.

Also if tanabe claims there is a metroid mission, the chances of the GF actually killing metroids are very slim since they died to metroids in MP3.. enter samus who can actually remove a metroid?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

What I'm more interested to see, is how the single player mode will be. I know for a fact, the ice beast mission will be impossible in single player mode, since one player has to lure him in while the others close the gate. It'd be interesting to see samus make an appearence working alongside the GF in single player, and the GF are just the multiplayer/NPC characters since well, 4 samuses won't work.

Also if tanabe claims there is a metroid mission, the chances of the GF actually killing metroids are very slim since they died to metroids in MP3.. enter samus who can actually remove a metroid?

I don't think the Ice Beast Mission would be impossible, you might just be forced to bring Decoy while in Single Player.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

Oragami wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Oragami wrote:

For all we know there is going to be much more exploration in these cramped arenas than we know or ever thought possible.

No, that's utterly impossible. Exploration is limited by area, so if there's not a lot of areas to venture to you have little to explore.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrizzlyArctos

I was talking with a friend earlier and came up with a (maybe farfetched) theory about the story.

Given what we've heard from Kensuke Tanabe recently (wanting to create a Metroid game revolving around Samus and Sylux from Hunters, and possibly using Federation Force to flesh out the universe a bit), Sylux may feature in Federation Force (giving backstory for his hatred of the Galactic Federation), which could then be used to lead into a new game set after Corruption, where the ship in the secret ending was confirmed to belong t... This would finally tie Hunters into the story too, considering that it has little to no relation to the Prime story.

This sounds a little bit out there, and I'm probably going to be disappointed, but I had fun coming up with the theory at least.

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Artwark wrote:

What do they mean by Main story? Something that's like Splatoon?

But the other thing that worries me most is that its being developed by Next Level Games which made Dark Moon. Granted, Dark Moon is still fun for what it is but its a tad of a disappointment as a sequel and I'm worried if they will screw this one up.

That being said, I'm looking forward to it. I personally never got to try out the Prime series.

Can you expand on that please as I'm not getting your point.

Look Dark Moon didn't capture that feeling that the original had ok. So there is a good chance that they would probably do the same for this game.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Koopa-King

@Artwark I agree that Dark moon lost a little bit of feeling by going for a mission structure but the game itself felt much more well paced. The ghost hunting never got dull due to the expanded combat system, the flashlight worked and the secrets (while low in quantity) were still well hidden. And Luigi in Dark Moon is the best version of Luigi we will ever see. And knowing how well Next Level Games can do personality maybe they can jump start Metroid after the somewhat emotionless Other M.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Araquanid

I don't think it's a possibility for the franchise to be jumpstarted after the blind hate the game recieved. People will still not give the game a chance and hate on it even if it is still good. It's already scard with it's bad reputation from the start.

My Shinies

Blast

Artwark wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Artwark wrote:

What do they mean by Main story? Something that's like Splatoon?

But the other thing that worries me most is that its being developed by Next Level Games which made Dark Moon. Granted, Dark Moon is still fun for what it is but its a tad of a disappointment as a sequel and I'm worried if they will screw this one up.

That being said, I'm looking forward to it. I personally never got to try out the Prime series.

Can you expand on that please as I'm not getting your point.

Look Dark Moon didn't capture that feeling that the original had ok. So there is a good chance that they would probably do the same for this game.

Dark Moon was also short. Too short... Needed more post game content.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I don't think it's a possibility for the franchise to be jumpstarted after the blind hate the game recieved. People will still not give the game a chance and hate on it even if it is still good. It's already scard with it's bad reputation from the start.

Hate to say this is probably true. How many people past on Wind Waker after seeing the graphic/art style. To this day it never bothered me and it's still my favorite Zelda to date.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Hate to say this is probably true. How many people past on Wind Waker after seeing the graphic/art style.

considering how it sold an insane amount of copies despite being a GCN game and was the closest of Zelda matching the sales of the main Mario game of the console...not a ton?

I think people forget that Wind Waker was successful. It wasn't OOT or TP successful but closer than you would think IIRC.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

The game got revealed in Nintendo's horrible E3. Games that nobody (mostly) asked for got announced. Mario Tennis U instead of Mario Strikers U or Mario Baseball U. Animal Crossing: Amiibo Party instead of true Animal Crossing Wii U. Triforce Heroes (ironically the game that got most praise) instead of Zelda U info. Metroid Prime: Federation Force instead of Metroid Wii U. Will any of the games that got announced at E3 be bad? Ehhh... I watched videos of people saying Mario Tennis U and Blast Ball was boring. But all those games... Even Metroid Prime: Federation Force might actually end up fine. But you can't be surprised at Nintendo fans not buying games they think look horrible. They ALL need very in depth Nintendo Directs to validate their existence.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Araquanid

Wind Waker came at a less developed era. The only compliant was just graphics, and there weren't too many other compliants.

To say the least, back during that time, there weren't THAT many people on the youtube, forums, etc etc to hate on the game. There was hate, but a fraction compared to how much the internet expanded, and it certainly didn't recieve 70k dislikes on youtube which is bad enough on the game's reputation.

If WW came out now, yes it'd recieve hate, but I'm going to flat out say.. our standards have lowered so much over the years.. WW didn't have as much sheer hate nor the company during that time period, this generation is just brutal with petitions and hateful comments. Seriously, videos to threaten the company's producers and petitions to cancel the game? Was any of that even necessary.. I've lost faith in humanity over the years..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

shaneoh

MegaBeedrill wrote:

If WW came out now, yes it'd recieve hate, but I'm going to flat out say.. our standards have lowered so much over the years.. WW didn't have as much sheer hate nor the company during that time period, this generation is just brutal with petitions and hateful comments. Seriously, videos to threaten the company's producers and petitions to cancel the game? Was any of that even necessary.. I've lost faith in humanity over the years..

We should cull the stupid

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

jump

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Wind Waker came at a less developed era. The only compliant was just graphics, and there weren't too many other compliants.

To say the least, back during that time, there weren't THAT many people on the youtube, forums, etc etc to hate on the game. There was hate, but a fraction compared to how much the internet expanded, and it certainly didn't recieve 70k dislikes on youtube which is bad enough on the game's reputation.

Wind Waker had alot of complaints about the sail and fetch quests replacing dungeons, I'm not 100% sure I think it's the 3D Zelda game with the least amount of dungeons in it. Also it was how the sail and fetch were done too, instead of just going off any exploring to discover them it was done by spending loads of rupees for maps forcing grinding for dolla-dolla.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

MegaBeedrill wrote:

That's no doubt true for some people. But plenty are more open minded. If the game comes out and just gets like a 90% on metacritic, I'm pretty sure lots of us will pay attention.
I don't really see that happening though!

arronishere wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Wind Waker had alot of complaints about the sail and fetch quests replacing dungeons, I'm not 100% sure I think it's the 3D Zelda game with the least amount of dungeons in it. Also it was how the sail and fetch were done too, instead of just going off any exploring to discover them it was done by spending loads of rupees for maps forcing grinding for dolla-dolla.

Yeah, there were pleny of complaints besides graphics. I actually came to like the graphics fairly early on but still rate Wind Waker is one of the worst 3D Zeldas.
It's mostly because it's just not a good open world. It's a massive ocean with very few interesting places to visit or discover. In fact within about 2 hours of the game, you've visited pretty much all of the interesting places (Outset Island, Windfall, Dragon's Roost, Forsaken Fortress).
What is there after that? Just loads of tiny islands with nothing on them and the dungeons
I love a good open world game, but it has to be done right. Wind waker felt like it was done just to see if they could. Rather than because the game required it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.