Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 481 to 500 of 594

JustAnotherUser

@k8sMum I don't know but if they are the store will need a WiFi Connection.

JustAnotherUser

Nitendnut

I'm glad I don't have to transfer anything never having owned the original 3ds No trade in offers for me either. I do think I will stay away from digital purchase of games on 3DS XL, then I won't have to worry about transfer when Nintendo upgrades consoles again.

Edited on by Nitendnut

Nitendnut

BenAV

I'm still not convinced on this (it still looks pretty ugly to me and I love the original 3DS) but I might have to consider getting one.
The dreaded day where my 3DS's shoulder button (L this time) breaks has arrived, and I can't rely on the blowing technique forever.
I'd just go out and buy another normal model, but if I'm buying a new 3DS I'd prefer to have one that doesn't scratch its own screen.
I definitely need to try it before I buy it though (unless I can take it back if I don't like it) because my #1 priority will be how comfortable it is for me to hold while playing games for long periods of time, especially with something like Kid Icarus where I'm pretty much holding the system in one hand.
The current 3DS is perfect for me, so I'm sceptical about whether I'll like the XL.
I guess I'll have to wait till August 23rd and hope my L button doesn't stop working completely before then.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

edhe

Regarding the whole trade-in deal (UK), I went into a shop today, and asked them whether I needed a box for my 3DS, and they said it would be ideal, but not neccesary. If I trade in my 3DS without it's box, am I going to get a slightly more expensive deal?

And as for system transfer, they actually said you get the 3DSXL for standard price, then receive cashback when you return the 3DS (after you've done the transfer. My mind may have been wandering, but another optiion was that you send them your 3DS and they do it for you, although I'd probaly choose the former. My bank account can take the initial hit.

Also, I'm getting the silver one.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

komicturtle

Transparent 3DSXL please.
Colors will be White, Purple, Blue, Green, Red and Black

komicturtle

grumblebuzzz

I want one really bad, but I also would hate for the Swapnote and StreetPass Mii Plaza info not to transfer, so I'm waiting on reviews of ALL features (including these, as well as what the DS and VC games look like in standard mode).

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

WispMetas

Man... i just got a 3ds and now they make this I want it, but i dont really want to spend more money... i think il just stick to my normal 3ds U_U

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

BenAV

grumblebuzzz wrote:

but I also would hate for the Swapnote and StreetPass Mii Plaza info not to transfer

I'm pretty sure that with a 3DS System Transfer, literally everything from your old 3DS gets transferred to your new one (and overwrites everything already on the new one).

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

LzWinky

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I want one really bad, but I also would hate for the Swapnote and StreetPass Mii Plaza info not to transfer, so I'm waiting on reviews of ALL features (including these, as well as what the DS and VC games look like in standard mode).

But they do transfer. I don't understand why people think transferring to an XL is any different from a regular 3DS.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CrankyBonesGaming

i need a 3ds xl. My hands are big, my eyesight is getting worse, and my curent 3ds has a really cranky d-pad. I love the rounded eges i domt understand at all what nintendo whas thinking with 3ds sharp edges. Maybe they tought that was cutting edge tech was about hehe

(sorry for the bad joke)

CrankyBonesGaming

3dsiscool

but theres still one question i dont get. Will the pixels shows as its too big?

3dsiscool

RupeeClock

3dsiscool wrote:

but theres still one question i dont get. Will the pixels shows as its too big?

The screens of the 3DS XL have a DPI (dots per inch) of something around 97 or 98.
The screens of the DSi also have a DPI of around 97 or 98.

The pictures might be somewhat visible if you really tried to observe them, as compared to on the regular 3DS, but they're of a totally acceptable size.
As a matter of fact, DS games booted in their original resolution on the 3DS XL, look very comparable in size to that of the DSi.

RupeeClock

edhe

I received mine yesterday.

After going through the whole process of transferring data over SD card (I had to connect a camcorder up to my computer because I didn't have an SD card slot or usb device), when it can to transferring my data onto the new 4GB SD cars, it turned out the card is write protected and flipping the tiny switch wouldn't unlock it.

So I formatted it, thinking I'd only lose my photos, but it turns out, I lost all of my 3DS's extra data which includes all of my Theatrythm Dark notes. I also had extra data for Mii Plaza, but I can't figure out what I lost. Could anyone tell me?

One thing I was worried about was that the 3DS XL might be too big for my pocket and that I'd miss out on some streetpasses and steps, but it oes fit in my pocket, although it 's even harder to crouch with it in my pocket.

And those buttons at the bottom of the console (START, SELECT, HOME and POWER) aren't actually as good as I thought they would be. And the POWER one in particular is quite difficult to press now I'm used to the 3DS's one.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

lord_hades

that 3% reflective screen is amazing, with the original 3DS when played in the sun the screens 3d goes all fuzzy and rainbow like, i just played the XL in the sun and it doesnt do that at all

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

Drawdler

I'm really scared about system transferring, it seems to be a big complaint. If your transfer fails, do you lose EVERYTHING or just game data?

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

shingi_70

Gives me chills.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.