Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 501 to 520 of 594

Retro_on_theGo

KaiserGX wrote:

I hate the Start Select and Home on the 3DS because you REALLY have to press down on it . At least I do. Also if you close the system without pressing the power button, does it still go into sleep mode, and b e a ble to Street Pass?

Yeah. I never press the power button to active sleep mode. Just close the system.

dirtyplastic

Gameboy games look stunning, really clear, I've only got tetris, but will be buying more now.

There's one way of life, your own!

Banker-Style

Metal Gear Solid on the XL is to beautiful for words.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Eel

Oh wow, amazon (america) finally has one (one) 3DS for sale and it is 100 dollars more expensive that the set price.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

19Robb92

The shoulder buttons on this is just soooooo much better than what they are on the 3DS. Hell, every button feels A LOT nicer on the XL. Absolutely love it.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Nitendnut

Waveboy, try a Samsung plasma. The black levels are stellar. plus the are very gamer friendly.

Nitendnut

Nitendnut

Lol, Panasonics are nice. I can tell you may be a little more demanding on tv's than me. As long as it's 720P, Plasma, and has HDMI I'm good! I just suggested the Samsung cause I like how I can have the tv turned off.....Then turn on any video game system....and the Tv powers on and switches to the right input!!!! One button press and I'm playing. Most important, Samsung plasmas have a liquid picture quality, and decent sound. I am definitely gonna upgrade to a 51" and save my 43" for the bedroom. Oh yeah 3DS XL sounds nice. I didn't get the original 3DS XL, cause the screens looked to dinky to me. So now I have to wait until the 19th for my new cherry red 3DS XL!!!

Edited on by Nitendnut

Nitendnut

Chrno-x

That would depend only on the developers not Nintendo, because Wii U can normally achieve 1080p but in expense of great amount of stuff on the Wii U gamepad. But you should not forget that in the time, developers will improve their engines and I think that maybe year or two after launch every game on Wii U will have 1080p resolution.

Btw can anyone write something about the paint on the 3DS XL (especially silver and blue), are they mouch immune to any scratches, smudges etc. than those in GBA SPs and DS Classics?

Nintendo "He with the best games wins"

3DS FC:
Wii FC: 7964-7540-9921-2263
MH3 ID: 12K3UQ name: Chrno
Gamertag: Chrno X360

romulux

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't think these are the same scratches, it's physically impossible to get them. I herd most of these people received their unit like that.

a few people at the link got the dots after using it for a few days. the fact that the dots are right along the touchscreen bevel means that they're still somehow touching. most people at the link assume the systems were put under enough pressure when shipping for the top lid to bend.

i don't really care what the reason is, after the problems with the original system the fact that there's any sort of line forming on the top screen for any reason is crappy. i was looking forward to not having to replace the cleaning cloth every time i opened the system sooooo much. >

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

GTWarrior77

If those are indeed marks from the touch screen, I find it totally unacceptable. There is no excuse for this. I was actually considering buying this right now because of the scratch issue on my original 3ds. Glad I saw this thread before I did.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

19Robb92

Must be a production fault for certain launch units I would guess. Either that, or I'm just lucky. Cause I can assure you that my top screen is not touching the bottom screen on my XL, it's not even close.

I could also see this being caused by users. Closing the system too hard could possibly make the top- and bottom screens collide for a brief moment, creating a scratch or marking.

Glad I'm safe though

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

KaiserGX

Yes because those don't look like scratches at all, scratches caused by the screen touching, how the original did. It's physically impossible for them to do that, how bumpers are placed now. Now that you say it, it does look like something caused by being slammed. Or putting heavy weight on to of them, like sitting on it.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

romulux

19Robb92 wrote:

Must be a production fault for certain launch units I would guess. Either that, or I'm just lucky. Cause I can assure you that my top screen is not touching the bottom screen on my XL, it's not even close.

I could also see this being caused by users. Closing the system too hard could possibly make the top- and bottom screens collide for a brief moment, creating a scratch or marking.

Glad I'm safe though

the guy in that forum swears that he's been as gentle as can be with it, never slamming it or even carrying it in his pocket, and that the dots still form and won't wipe off.

at this point i don't care. i'll buy it and never bother with the tedious ritual of replacing the cloth every time i open it. if it gets scratched or has those dots permanently appear, nintendo's fixing it. their problem, not mine

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Radixxs

I've decided to give in and upgrade to an XL perhaps in a year. Now all I'm worried about is a possible new redesign and problems with screen scratching.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

RetroGBHippie92

Does anyone know if the Resolution for DS games is any better on the XL than it was on the 3DS? with the 3DS, I noticed at first it was a lot blurrier and I guess it was because of the stretching, I hope the XL doesn't have this problem, Does anyone have an XL to give us impressions of this matter? the last I heard about graphics on the XL was that it was 1:1 aspect ratio and that sounds good on paper, But for 3DS games that might mean seeing more pixels, so what about DS games then?

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.