Forums

Topic: 3DS ambassador games revealed, coming Dec, 16th

Posts 101 to 120 of 130

Aviator

Yes it does, but it asks for the Link-Cable, so it probably won't work.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Kagamine

lucky australia...

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

TheNintendOtaku

@Shingi The goal of the Ambassador program was to ensure that early adopters didn't feel like they had gotten a raw deal as a result of the price drop that neither they, nor Nintendo, had predicted. Necessary? No. But is customer satisfaction important? Yes. And I'm afraid I have to disagree with the lack of save states being "sad." I'd like multiplayer, sure, but I never use save states. I'd rather play through the game as intended, I feel save states would make everything easy and consequence-less.

TheNintendOtaku

NX01Trekkie1992

lucky Aussies... hope you guys are having fun!!! grumbles about waiting another day or so

But seriously, how are they?

NX01Trekkie1992

Fuzzy

Haven't played them yet. Downloaded them and put it into sleep mode. Will give Minish Cap a run shortly.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

grumblegrumble

Fuzzy wrote:

Haven't played them yet. Downloaded them and put it into sleep mode. Will give Minish Cap a run shortly.

Minish Cap changed my life. LOL. It made me fall in love with Zelda again after a 10 year gap of not playing Zelda. It's a wonderful, heartwarming and fantastically made game that you can tell was made with a lot of love

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Tasuki

TheNintendOtaku wrote:

@Shingi The goal of the Ambassador program was to ensure that early adopters didn't feel like they had gotten a raw deal as a result of the price drop that neither they, nor Nintendo, had predicted.

Actually the Ambassador program was for anyone who connected to the eShop I think it was by September 1st it had nothing to do with the price drop.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Lohengriehn

Feel with you Australia! Have fun playing the games!! Thats the advantage to be several time zones ahead from where I am currently I guess (Germany)

Possibly we will get the games today also? Im super excited this thursday !!

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

Chris720

Australia you lucky watsits!

Strange they released them early for Australia but the rest of Europe still have to wait... dam I'm jealous! D:

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Majoras_Wrath

I'm really not excited for Minish Cap, but only because my friend gave me a GBA SP for free, with Super Mario Advance 4 and The Minish Cap. Oh well, It's nice to have it anyway. Never played Fire Emblem, so I'm excited to give it a try. I had Wario Land 4 but barely played it. Never played a WarioWare game either. Metroid Fusion looks good, so does Yoshi's Island. Also had Mario Kart Super Circuit and loved it. Glad to see it's getting put on (and for free!)

Majoras_Wrath

Nintendo Network ID: Bunny_Hood

Cipher

Tasuki wrote:

TheNintendOtaku wrote:

@Shingi The goal of the Ambassador program was to ensure that early adopters didn't feel like they had gotten a raw deal as a result of the price drop that neither they, nor Nintendo, had predicted.

Actually the Ambassador program was for anyone who connected to the eShop I think it was by September 1st it had nothing to do with the price drop.

It had absolutely everything to do with the price drop.

Nintendo of Europe wrote:

There have been times in the past when we, Nintendo, have marked down the trade prices for our video game machines a certain amount of time after launch to further accelerate adoption of the hardware, but never in Nintendo’s history have we dropped a system’s trade price so significantly less than 6 months after launch.

We are aware this may cause you, the loyal fans who supported Nintendo 3DS from the beginning, to lose trust in us, and this is not our intention in any way.

All of you who have kindly supported Nintendo 3DS from the beginning are Nintendo’s most important customers. Although we may not be able to completely prevent you from regretting purchasing Nintendo 3DS early, we would like to express our gratitude to our special customers like you by offering 20 free downloadable games from Nintendo eShop.

Apollo

Yeah, the Ambassador program is to put the flames out caused when Nintendo dropped the price. The die hard fans and the people who had $250 to drop on a handheld represent a big part of Nintendo's revenue stream. Those are not people you want to piss off, especially with Sony about to release a Juggernaut.

To the guy saying that if he ran Nintendo he would have given the Ambassadors a bucket of crap, well, I'm glad you're not running Nintendo. Your's is a very short sighted view. Cashing in now at the expense of pissing off Nintendo's most valuable customers sounds like a bonehead play to me. These games are costing Nintendo absolutely nothing and to develop these to the standards of Nintendo's eshop would involve refinement and additional features such as saved states. They're doing none of that. This is costing them nothing but probably a handful of testers who tried these out on a 3DS to make sure all is well.

Apollo

bub166

Giving them all of these games for free is, in my opinion, a fair enough tactic, because as you said, Nintendo doesn't want to piss off the people who like them the most. But to make it exclusive to those people is kind of a crappy thing to do. They should at least let us by the GBA games for 10-15 dollars. With a 3DS, I'm not going to want to be lugging 2 portables around, especially when the GBA uses giant cartridges compared to the 3DS. And I've never played any of these games before, though most I have always wanted to play. Besides, it was solely the choice of the early adopters to buy it early, for the price that they seemed necessary. When you buy hardware, you buy it knowing that it will eventually get cheaper, it doesn't matter when. Thus, while I guess it's perfectly fine to give the games away to those people, it's completely unfair to alienate people who DIDN'T buy it then, myself included. I don't make much money to spend on entertainment and I couldn't even afford it until now. It's not like it would be hard for them to put them online, for a price.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

LordTendoboy

Tasuki wrote:

TheNintendOtaku wrote:

Um no. The Ambassador program was for people who bought and registered their 3DS before the price drop. I bought my 3DS a few months ago, after the price drop. and I never got any notifications of being on the Ambassador program.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

moomoo

bub166 wrote:

Giving them all of these games for free is, in my opinion, a fair enough tactic, because as you said, Nintendo doesn't want to piss off the people who like them the most. But to make it exclusive to those people is kind of a crappy thing to do. They should at least let us by the GBA games for 10-15 dollars. With a 3DS, I'm not going to want to be lugging 2 portables around, especially when the GBA uses giant cartridges compared to the 3DS. And I've never played any of these games before, though most I have always wanted to play. Besides, it was solely the choice of the early adopters to buy it early, for the price that they seemed necessary. When you buy hardware, you buy it knowing that it will eventually get cheaper, it doesn't matter when. Thus, while I guess it's perfectly fine to give the games away to those people, it's completely unfair to alienate people who DIDN'T buy it then, myself included. I don't make much money to spend on entertainment and I couldn't even afford it until now. It's not like it would be hard for them to put them online, for a price.

They'll do it later. Nintendo just wants its early adopters to feel more special by showing off their GBA games that only they can get to other people. After a while, they'll add them to the eShop, fear not. However, it will probably be a while. Nintendo seem to be revising their current download strategy by making a good game available every week on the eShop (look at the Q1 3d games, for example) when they start running low on stuff, they'll put out GBA games. I predict summer.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Apollo

One more point. It's not just 20 games, it's also 200 coins at Club Nintendo if you fill out the surveys. That puts you well on your way to a decent reward.

Apollo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.