Forums

Topic: 3DS ambassador games revealed, coming Dec, 16th

Posts 121 to 130 of 130

Apollo

"moomoo" wrote:

"bub166" wrote:

Giving them all of these games for free is, in my opinion, a fair enough tactic, because as you said, Nintendo doesn't want to piss off the people who like them the most. But to make it exclusive to those people is kind of a crappy thing to do. They should at least let us by the GBA games for 10-15 dollars. With a 3DS, I'm not going to want to be lugging 2 portables around, especially when the GBA uses giant cartridges compared to the 3DS. And I've never played any of these games before, though most I have always wanted to play. Besides, it was solely the choice of the early adopters to buy it early, for the price that they seemed necessary. When you buy hardware, you buy it knowing that it will eventually get cheaper, it doesn't matter when. Thus, while I guess it's perfectly fine to give the games away to those people, it's completely unfair to alienate people who DIDN'T buy it then, myself included. I don't make much money to spend on entertainment and I couldn't even afford it until now. It's not like it would be hard for them to put them online, for a price.

They'll do it later. Nintendo just wants its early adopters to feel more special by showing off their GBA games that only they can get to other people. After a while, they'll add them to the eShop, fear not. However, it will probably be a while. Nintendo seem to be revising their current download strategy by making a good game available every week on the eShop (look at the Q1 3d games, for example) when they start running low on stuff, they'll put out GBA games. I predict summer.

Could you do us all a favor and reveal your source? Even a picture of the crystal ball you're using would be great. Thanks!

Edited on by theblackdragon

Apollo

shingi_70

Wonder when they will update the games with mutiplayer and all that Jazz.

Also i'm still wondering how pissing off the core was a bad thing. With the Wii I could kinda see the reasoning but the 3DS not. Early adopters usually get burned if someone doesn't know that they have no buying bussiness buying electronics.

and contrary to popular belief us the Core/enthusiast are a very small revenue stream in the big scheme of things. Its true were the instant and always there money. (I expect that to drop when DD take over completely) but to get the crazy big profits were sorta non factor.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iphys

Apollo wrote:

One more point. It's not just 20 games, it's also 200 coins at Club Nintendo if you fill out the surveys. That puts you well on your way to a decent reward.

. . . or two. I think I'm spending all my coins on downloadable games from here on out, assuming they keep giving them away for next to nothing.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

bub166

moomoo wrote:

"bub166" wrote:

Giving them all of these games for free is, in my opinion, a fair enough tactic, because as you said, Nintendo doesn't want to piss off the people who like them the most. But to make it exclusive to those people is kind of a crappy thing to do. They should at least let us by the GBA games for 10-15 dollars. With a 3DS, I'm not going to want to be lugging 2 portables around, especially when the GBA uses giant cartridges compared to the 3DS. And I've never played any of these games before, though most I have always wanted to play. Besides, it was solely the choice of the early adopters to buy it early, for the price that they seemed necessary. When you buy hardware, you buy it knowing that it will eventually get cheaper, it doesn't matter when. Thus, while I guess it's perfectly fine to give the games away to those people, it's completely unfair to alienate people who DIDN'T buy it then, myself included. I don't make much money to spend on entertainment and I couldn't even afford it until now. It's not like it would be hard for them to put them online, for a price.

They'll do it later. Nintendo just wants its early adopters to feel more special by showing off their GBA games that only they can get to other people. After a while, they'll add them to the eShop, fear not. However, it will probably be a while. Nintendo seem to be revising their current download strategy by making a good game available every week on the eShop (look at the Q1 3d games, for example) when they start running low on stuff, they'll put out GBA games. I predict summer.

My post was geared towards comments saying that they would never be released for purchase, which at the time, Nintendo claims to have no plans of doing. I don't expect it to be any time soon if they do get released, and that's fine. It's not like I will die if I don't get them now. I have a lot of things I still need to play on 3DS. I just want them to be there some time, when I'm ready for them.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

JRRD

This is a great list! I'll have to download these right away!

GS Forums
Doin' da Goomba Strut!

Joeynator3000

Yeah I don't see why they WOULDN'T start releasing GBA games for the VC. The fact that they said they have no plans to do so just means they aren't doing it right now until they say so. So it'll most likely happen at some point.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LordTendoboy

I think this topic can be closed, since the Ambassador games are already here.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

Eureka wrote:

Yeah I don't see why they WOULDN'T start releasing GBA games for the VC. The fact that they said they have no plans to do so just means they aren't doing it right now until they say so. So it'll most likely happen at some point.

"No plans to do so" is pretty descriptive. Nintendo just won't do it. Just like they said they have no plans to localize Xenoblade, but then GameStop helped them bring the game over. Without GameStop's help, I doubt Nintendo even cared about localizing Xenoblade.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.