While Super Mario 3D World is most definitely a good time, those of you who have already experienced the game on Wii U will be most interested in the excellent Bowser's Fury expansion, which offers an open-world setting with Cat Shines to collect.
In this guide, we'll show you the exact locations of all 100 Cat Shines, as well as information on how to obtain them and what happens when you bag every single one.
Remember, you don't need every Cat Shine to finish the game, but you will need a certain number to clear away Bowser's deadly ink to uncover the map, as well as activate all of the Giga Bells and eventually defeat Bowser.
As a rule, each island location has a lighthouse that requires five Cat Shines to turn on (you'll know you've found them all as a flag will appear at the top of the lighthouse). Some of the Cat Shines are unlocked by performing similar challenges on each island, while others will require you to exit the area, visit another area and then return to the original area (don't worry, we'll tell you which ones in each location guide).
Some of the Cat Shines aren't included in a specific location, so we've divided them into sections, noting the closest Giga Bell (Lakeside, Ruins and Wasteland). You might find these the hardest to locate, as they're often out to sea or hidden away – but again, fret not, as we've included detailed instructions (along with screenshots) to guide you along.
- Fur Step Island Cat Shine locations
- Scamper Shores Cat Shine locations
- Fort Flaptrap Cat Shine locations
- Pounce Bounce Isle Cat Shine locations
- Lakeside Giga Bell Cat Shine locations
- Slipstake Slope Cat Shine locations
- Clawswipe Colosseum Cat Shine locations
- Trickity Tower Cat Shine locations
- Crisp Castle Climb Cat Shine locations
- Ruins Giga Bell Cat Shine locations
- Risky Whisker Island Cat Shine locations
- Pipe Path Tower Cat Shine locations
- Mount Magmeow Cat Shine locations
- Roiling Roller Isle Cat Shine locations
- Wasteland Giga Bell Cat Shine locations
When you've collected all of the Cat Shines on offer and defeated Fury Bowser completely, you enter the 'post-game' section, where more Cat Shines are available at the following locations: