Remember yesterday, when Darksiders: Warmastered Edition was accidentally leaked early by its own publisher? Well, today the game has been truly confirmed - properly this time - and it's set to arrive on Switch in April.
Already available on PC and other consoles, the game will launch on Switch on 2nd April both digitally on the Nintendo eShop and also physically at retail. The recommended price for both versions will be set at £25.99 / €29.99 / $ 29.99.
Here's a little more information courtesy of today's press release:
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
- Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven And Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way - from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
So, not only was the announcement real, but we don't have too long to wait until we can get our hands on it either. Lovely stuff.
Are you excited for this one? Do you think we'll see Darksiders II or even the much newer Darksiders III on the console any time soon? Let us know in the comments.