Ratalaika Games has released a teaser trailer for Back in 1995 - a survival horror set to arrive on Switch which serves as a throwback to the PlayStation era.
Originally released on Steam and Nintendo 3DS, the game aims to act as a throwback not only to the graphical style of that bygone era, but also to the survival horror and mystery games of the original PlayStation console. Players are placed inside a world both concrete and indistinct, where you must uncover the mystery surrounding the disappearance of your daughter, the catastrophe that shook the city, and why you’ve decided to finally return.
The game was created as a labour of love by indie developer TakaakiIchijo, all as a means to replicate the unique feeling he had from his first gaming experiences - the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn. We must say, watching the trailer instantly transports us to old, nightly sessions of Dino Crisis, and that's no bad thing at all. Here are some game features to tell you a little more:
- Get lost in the nostalgic world of retro 3D graphics, including low res models, texture warping, CRT emulation, and fixed CCTV style camera angles.
- Relive the mystery game genre with an old-school user interface and tank controls.
- Explore a sparse cityscape in the year 1995, littered with clues about the past.
- Interact with a cast of damaged characters whose intentions you can never truly know.
- Uncover the mystery of yourself, your daughter, and what happened to the city.
- 2-3 hours of gameplay.
There's no release date scheduled for this one just yet, but we'll make sure to keep an eye out for more information as it arrives.
Are you up for some PlayStation-style gameplay on your Switch? Let us know your thoughts on this one below.