Pokémon Yellow Version did something a bit different when it came out by allowing players to have their Pikachu out of its Pokéball, faithfully following the player around the overworld if it was in their party. The feature then disappeared and didn't come back until Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver, where it was expanded to allow any Pokémon to follow the player. Now, data miners have uncovered data that seems to suggest the feature could be on its way to Pokémon GO.
Though the feature obviously hasn't been implemented yet, it's expected that it could show up as early as the next update. Here's what's been found:
- Pokemon Buddy System is using the same server side distance calculation as the one used for Pokemon Eggs
- Walking your Pokemon Buddy will award you with candy. The amount of candy is yet to be determined.
- You can walk the same Pokemon Buddy multiple times, but there is likely a daily limit for obtained candy
- You can walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time
- There are various looks of Buddy Pokemon
- Medium size
- Big size
- Flying next to you
- Rests on your shoulder
Obviously, this could be a while off – we still don't have natures, after all – but it makes one wonder what else Niantic could be working on.
What do you think? Would you like to see this implemented? What other new features would you like to see? Drop us a comment in the section below.