Play: Let's Race Through Mario Kart 1-7, Live!

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Let's do this...

As you're hopefully aware, we announced earlier this week that we're running a marathon live stream of Mario Kart 1-7, in which two courageous souls from the Nintendo Life team will sacrifice their Saturday for your entertainment. We'll also be hoping that the elaborate setup of cables for the broadcast won't spontaneously combust; there's a lot of stuff plugged in.

During this broadcast we'll be capturing all of the main series games (not the arcades!) off their native-ish, hardware. We will be slightly cheating and using a Game Boy Advance player in the GameCube for Super Circuit, a 3DS for both the DS entry and MK7, and a Wii U for Mario Kart Wii. Our plan is to seamlessly switch through the games, and it'll all naturally run perfectly...

Below's the schedule for this run:

We're finishing with the Wii entry simply due to the fact that, of course, its online component will be switched off on 20th May; it deserves the finale. We'll be running a community in Mario Kart 7 for you to join us, while in Mario Kart Wii we'll invite you to send us friend codes throughout, which we'll then add when the time comes. For you MK7 fans, below is the number you need.

NLIFE ON TWITCH — 32-8264-6068-6596

That's it! We're ready for our Mario Kart marathon. We hope you'll enjoy it — you can see the stream below and chat away in the comments, or head on over to our lovely Twitch page.

Thanks for watching!

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Looking forward in seeing a video of this later but does anyone agree with me that Mario kart 64 feels slow?

Sonic_Blur_111

Sonic_Blur_111 said:

I might watch double dash i haven't seen much of that game and hopefully have a few mario kart 7 races :)

The_Ninja

The_Ninja said:

Cant wait for Double Dash. I have great memories of that game, and I lost it a couple years ago. It'll be fun seeing you guys play it

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain said:

Hyped for Double Dash. It's been so long since I've seen actual gameplay of my favorite MK game.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Very excited they are doing this, but they should really test the stream first before putting it on. It's very much unwatchable for the most part. Hopefully it will be better when they get into Mario Kart Wii.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Might I say that using Yoshi in that vehicle is my personal favorite for the DS game. Good times that was.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

So why are they playing 7 before Wii? Thought they'd do them in order..

KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda said:

@B3ND3R --
"We're finishing with the Wii entry simply due to the fact that, of course, its online component will be switched off on 20th May; it deserves the finale."
I'm "Red" in MK7~

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

The internet on my 3DS and Wii is being wonky, so I think I'll sit this one out. Still fun to watch though. :)

KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda said:

I had a disconnection and am getting stuck at a "Please wait" screen, so I guess that's my day. Fun playing, though, GGs to anyone I played~

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Bring double dash, along with its network multiplayer feature, to eshop virtual console (along with GameCube aswell obviously)

AkinaChan

AkinaChan said:

I'll join in the MK7 stream! :3 I'm a little rusty at MK, but I'll do my best (~_~;