Gaze at This Pokémon Game Boy and Know That You Want It

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Design celebrates Red & Blue, and maybe a bit of Yellow

Pokémon is a powerful force, a franchise that continues to shift millions of units and draw gamers in not just to the core games, but spin-offs, animations and trading card games, too. Pokémon X & Y on 3DS have continued the success, bringing the franchise to Nintendo's current generation of handheld.

It inspires fans to do impressive things, too, such as produce hugely attractive console mods. Check out the Game Boy, below, which follows a theme of Pokémon Red & Blue. It's the work of console modder Vadu Amka:

Tell us how much you'd love to own this in the comments below.

[via vaduamka.canalblog.com, kotaku.com]

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I saw it and immediately reached for my wallet out of instinct even though I know its not for sale its just that glorious.

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

I had the special edition Gameboy that was released for Yellow. It was simple and better. No thanks.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I don't know about the console, but my kids, and I'm sure many others like them, would really like Red and Blue, or red and green, whatever those early games were that they haven't gotten a chance to play yet. Every so often they ask me about them. I cant imagine they wouldn't sell well as 3DS eShop downloads, or the GBA remakes on Wii U eShop. Sometimes I think Nintnedo really doesnt like making money.

2Sang

2Sang said:

This is the greatest gameboy skin ever. Someone put in a serious effort and every part is filled with creativity.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@rjejr
I'm wondering if it ain't because of hoe buggy the originals were. Most weren't anything unavoidable and those that were weren't game breaking but it could be Nintendo's pride getting in the way.

Game Freak came out and said they won't put main series games on home consoles so that might be why they won't release the GBA games. They'd probably rather just remake them anyway, its more work but still more cost effective than a brand-new game.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Hmm. Somewhat impressive. So you've reached the plateau, but not yet a hero! Are you ready to meet and defeat the Elite? Can I expect survival against your rival? And remember. Gotta catch em' all. Show me what you got!

Pokeball go! Go!

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Ha Ha, I can honestly say I DON'T want it. Not into zee Pokémon franchise. But I'm sure if I was I would dig it.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Zombie_Barioth - Wouldn't they have fixed any buginess in red and green when they remade them as Firered and Leafgreen ( I wiki'd it)? I just know my kids have played one of each pair in the series except those primary colors games. Well they didn't play gold or silver but they played heartgold and soulsilver so they count it. I dont think they care if it's red green blue or yellow, original or remake, they just want one.

OK, that's REALLY WEIRD, apparently these were just announced. Like just freakin' now announced. It's possible they havnet played Ruby - I think they played Sapphire - so maybe this news will hold them over.