Picross e4 Confirmed For North American 3DS eShop Release In May

Posted by Damien McFerran

Mega Picross puzzles await

It might be slightly later than expected, but Picross e4 is finally making the leap to the west. The game has been confirmed for a May 1st release on the North American 3DS eShop.

The game launched in Japan last year, and publisher Jupiter Corporation has previously stated that it will also see release in Europe in the same month as North America. Prequels Picross e, Picross e2 and Picross e3 are all currently available for download on the 3DS eShop.

Here's the official word from Nintendo's site:

With Micross and Mega Picross modes! The 4th game in the Picross e series, with a Navigation Feature! As fans requested, new 20x15 puzzles have been added. Micross and Mega Picross modes are also included, with 150+ new puzzles! Tutorials and rule options let newcomers to the series start playing with ease. With save data from previous games, you can also play additional Special Puzzles. Picross is a "Picture Crossword Puzzle Game" where numbers act as hints to complete images. The rules are simple and easy to grasp. Anyone can do it!

Are you looking forward to more Picross? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment.

[via nintendo.com, gonintendo.com]

Goginho

Goginho said:

Whaaa- Picross overload! It's becoming like CoD :P jks
I don't mind, got all three so far, still haven't really had the time to touch e3 though, so I'll be a bit behind.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

When are these going to end? Don't get me wrong, I like Picross, but 4 games already? Jeez...

Melistrius

Melistrius said:

Well e3 was really bad in my opinion... Puzzles felt all the same and the new mode was boring as well... But hearing what's included here, this could be another good title for the night :)

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I'm currently plowing thru the first Picross e game. It's nice to have 3 sequels to it but I still believe I had more fun playing Mario's Picross.

Katzii

Katzii said:

I hope that Europe will get a release date soon too, now that both Western regions have finally caught up with each other :)

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@Chris720 No one said you had to buy all 4...

They are simple puzzle games that can be released in chunks like this.

absuplendous

absuplendous said:

Great news! Picross maniacs can't ever get enough. Considering the DS has one Picross game (I consider the 3D game separately) and the GBA had none, I see it as making up for lost time. Now, if Nintendo would just give the rest of the world Club Nintendo Picross...

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I have not played a Picross game since Picross DS. I'm excited if the price is right.

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

@Chris720 @Goginho @memoryman3 This is a puzzle game. Good puzzles never really end. It's like the "daily crossword puzzle" in the newspaper. As long as there are pictures to turn into puzzles, Picross will be there.

@dkxcalibur Same here, I haven't played Picross since Picross DS, so I think its time to give the game another try. :-)

BooJoh

BooJoh said:

Considering these have fewer puzzles than the retail releases of Picross DS and Mario's Picross, but only cost $6 each, I have no problem with there being 4 already, since all four cost less than the retail games did at launch. I haven't done the math but the content seems to be priced just fine and this way you don't have to shell out $20+ up front.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

to the people saying enough of these already, this is the only one that really matters, since it'll have the 15x20 puzzles i really enjoyed from the original picrossds. hopefully they use the same puzzle navigation and zoom, but use the you-must-hold-up-to-paint control from picross3d (optional in picrossds)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yes, they are milking it. And I much rather would see a new, big, retail one with both 2D and 3D puzzles!

But I guess I end up with it anyway! And finally big puzzles. That's what we wanted!

As for the bonus puzzles: I wonder if the old titles should all be on the same sd card as the new title. I mean: I have Picross e1,2 and 3 on a sd card that is amost full. I don't think number 4 does fit on it, thus I must download it to my other sd card.