Greninja Strikes a Pose in These Super Smash Bros. Screens

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

A new threat

Not so long ago we shared some Zero Suit Samus Super Smash Bros. Screens that had been posted on the hugely popular Super Smash Bros. Facebook page, which showed the new challenger busting out a few moves.

The page has now weighed in with some entertaining screens for newcomer Greninja, a surprise announcement in the recent Super Smash Bros. Direct. A couple of the screens were previously included with the announcement — so we've left them out — but four are making their first appearance on this site. There are two from each version, including some humorous examples.

Check them out below and let us know what you think.

[via facebook.com]

Related Games

DanMan82

DanMan82 said:

Looks cool! I particularly like the models for Toon Link and whatever that green thing is supposed to be.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

That's the substitute doll from pokemon, and it's the single most detailed thing the game.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I may not be that familiar with Greninja, but he really does look like an interesting fighter and maybe even fun to play with. We'll see in Smash Bros. 3DS this summer!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I find it funny that Greninja has the same amount of fingers and toes as a Ninja Turtle.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

@Moorpheel I know right the amount of detail put into the substitute doll is just weird it looks so real.

Anyway the screens are all cool not sure if I'll use Greninja as I already main Sheik and they seem similar.

ekreig

ekreig said:

The second picture makes me think Greninja and Toon Link look a little like plush dolls themselves. :p

2Sang

2Sang said:

Greninja is such a cool looking fighter, but man he is the definition of flavor of the week. I hope that gamefreak adjusts their promotional pokemon to include greninja so he actually is important for more than 1 generation. I don't want another jigglypuff in smash bros in 3 installments later.

BKNoah

BKNoah said:

I love the one with Peach!
And wow, that substitute doll looks a little TOO realistic. :o

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

That substitute plushie looks so realistic. Amazing job from Sakurai and his team.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

That substitute is better looking than the real life one we saw in the Direct Sakurai and his team are officially Gods

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

And LOL OMG I didn't even notice Link in the first screen shot I was like "Waiiiiit LINK?!? GOD HE'S BLENDING IN PRETTY WELL"

Melkac

Melkac said:

...Huh, is it just me or the graphics look a little...sharper?
I honestly think the second screenshot is one of the most gorgeous anything I've seen from this game. Maybe they're finally done with the 3DS version and are retouching the Wii U version?

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

The detail on that Substitute is freaking me out... It's like DK's Fur all over again!!!

navonod18

navonod18 said:

I know this is super random, but I really wish Bomberman was in this Smash. He would def be my main.

KTT

KTT said:

Does anyone noticed Greninja's arm passes through it's tongue in the first pic?

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

The Wii U ver is looking so nice. Love that screen with him and Toon Link. Hope they can polish up some of the rougher edges I've seen in other screens. Sometimes they look flawless, other times a bit dissapointing.

mch

mch said:

I had Smash Bros. on my GC and i was not a such a big fan .. but now, I feel like I JUST MUST HAVE THIS GAME ON MY WII U!!

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Greninja will clearly be using Water Shuriken and Substitute, but what's it using in that first screen? The only attack even close to a water or ice sword in Pokémon (as of the 6th generation) is Razor Shell, which Greninja can't use.