Pokémon Diamond & Pokémon Pearl: Super Music Collection Available Now on iTunes

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Prince will not be happy

In recent weeks and months Game Freak has been releasing rather impressive soundtrack albums on iTunes for various titles in the Pokémon franchise. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, the DS titles, have now been covered with the arrival of Pokémon Diamond & Pokémon Pearl: Super Music Collection on the download store. For $9.99 /€8.99 / £7.99, depending on your region, you can enjoy 149 tracks — yikes! — though admittedly some are short sample sounds. The iTunes store says this latest album was released on 11th March, yet the email we've received says it's only landed today — ultimately, who cares, it's available now.

As stated above a number of albums have been released prior to this one, with details below:

Similar soundtrack releases for Pokémon Black & White as well as Pokémon Black & White 2 are also on the way.

Will you be picking up this album? It's safe to say that the notoriously litigious Prince won't be, as he may or may not feel that Game Freak ripped off his Diamonds and Pearls track. If a court battle resumes — though extremely unlikely — we'll let you know.

[via itunes.apple.com]

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

$10 is not bad considering that importing and/or buying on Ebay other game soundtracks can cost easily twice as much as that.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Just in time.

I bought Pearl last sunday and have been enjoying it greatly.

Squid

Squid said:

@ThomasBW84 looks like you wrote Black and White twice for the B/W2 link. ;)

Anyways, I'm glad they've been releasing these, though I haven't bought any yet. Gives me an option to actually get them and pay them for it. D:

noctowl

noctowl said:

I like how they are all "super music collections"

Non-super need not apply.

BLPs

BLPs said:

The more I see these come out, the more I realize....GameFreak wishes Gen 5, the 15th anniversary games, didn't happen.

OmegaStar

OmegaStar said:

When they're all caught up on Pokémon, they should put up the soundtrack for HarmoKnight! <3 :D

BLPs

BLPs said:

@Uberchu

Well, it all starts with the shorter generation thing. In Japan, it IS the shortest.

Secondly, I remember those 15th anniversary cards that came out, only for that to be almost completely dropped in favour of this anniversary montage for Gen 6, including Origins and the such.

And is it just me, or did X and Y lose all the good stuff from Black and White and their sequels?

In case you haven't noticed my opinion of XY is...meh, it's just there. Nothing special, bit too easy and quite frankly too much focus on graphics over making the game a gameplay experience like B2/W2. It saddens me that a game restricted to weaker hardware and smaller file sizes has a better and meatier experience than a stronger game in terms of power and space limitations. :/

allav866

allav866 said:

I don't understand what the tagline is supposed to mean, but my boss's name is Prince, and anytime the words, "Prince will not be happy" go into a sentence, my heart sinks into my stomach a bit. :(

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

The Trainer battle theme from Diamond and Pearl is far and away my favourite Pokémon BGM.

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I felt that D/P/Pt had some of the best music in the series. X and Y aren't really doing it for me, soundtrack-wise.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

D/P/Pt tracks aren't as memorable as the first two gens or gen 5 or arguably even gen 3 in my opinnion, but it does have some really beatiful tracks in it that I at least enjoy while I'm playing it.

Note: When I say Gen 3's music is memorable I don't mean it's necessarily good, I just remember it is all.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Nintendo need more revenue coming in, why not release soundtracks for more of their popular games such as Legend of Zelda and Mario Galaxy.