Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have finally arrived on the Nintendo DS. Was it worth the long wait? (Yes!)
[screenshot=46327821901ad]Pokemon returns to your DSPokemon fans have received three lackluster Pokemon Games since the Nintendo DS launch over two years ago. Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, and Pokemon Ranger were poor...
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Guides
Where does Pokémon Legends: Arceus rank?
REMEMBER: This list — which now contains Pokémon Legends: Arceus and stands at a nice round 20 Pokémon games — is ranked according to the Nintendo Life User Ratings of each title. If you disagree with the order below and haven't yet rated your favourites, simply scroll through and click on the User...
Gotta tap 'em all
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for Nintendo Switch are a pair of remakes of the original DS games. One of the new features that the games added back in the day was the Pokétch — and that came back in the remake, of course. For those who didn't play the original, the Pokétch was a device on the bottom screen of...
About The Game
In the Sinnoh region, there are two Pokémon that symbolize the region.
They appear in the Sinnoh region's myths and old folklore. One is called Dialga, and is said to have the power to control time. The other is called Palkia, who is said to have the ability to distort space. The sinister organization called Team Galactic is trying to rule the region by using the power of these two Pokémon. During the adventure to complete the Pokédex and become the Pokémon League Champion, these two Pokémon, and Team Galactic, will intertwine into the story and lead players on a fantastic journey across the Sinnoh region.
Characters: More than 100 new Pokémon make their debut in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. Many are new, and some are even evolutions and pre-evolutions of characters from past games. The player can choose to be a boy or girl trainer. There are eight new Gym Leaders, as well as a new Professor and a new rival. Team Galactic takes the role of the new villains this time around.
How to progress through the game: Players start out as an aspiring Pokémon Trainer (either a boy or a girl) and aim to become the Pokémon Champion. They choose from one of the three starter Pokémon. As they journey through the Sinnoh region, they will catch and level up Pokémon and battle with other Trainers and Gym Leaders to make their way to the top. The story unfolds as the player goes from town to town, across towering mountains, through muddy swamps and deep into caves beneath the earth.
- Collect, Train and Battle with More Than 100 New Pokémon: For the first time, players have the chance to catch new Pokémon Munchlax™, Weavile™, Lucario™, Mime Jr.™, Bonsly™ and many others.
- New Region: Set in an entirely new region called Sinnoh, the Sinnoh Pokédex has 151 Pokémon total - some old and more than 80 new. This means the National Pokédex could now have more than 480 Pokémon. Overall there are over 100 new Pokémon, even some that aren't in the Sinnoh Pokédex! How do you find them all?
- 3-D World: The game now has a 3-D look to the environments, making the world of Pokémon jump off the screen like never before.
- Worldwide Battles/Trading Using Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection: Once Friend Codes have been registered, two players can then battle and trade while talking.
- Night and Day: Using the DS clock function, the game transitions from morning, day and night in real time.
- Intense Battles: Many new dual-type Pokémon, new and refined moves and new special Abilities add to the already deep strategy of Pokémon battling.
- Bring Pokémon from GBA: Players can bring Pokémon from their Game Boy® Advance Pokémon games to Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl using the GBA game slot on their Nintendo DS.