Capcom Unity Celebrating Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's Anniversary With a 12 Hour Live Stream

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Monsters beware

It may not necessarily feel like it, but Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been available in the West for a year, celebrating the landmark on 19th March in North America and 22nd March in Europe. Whether it was the commercial smash Capcom desired or not, it's gathered a loyal, passionate following of Wii U and 3DS owners.

Capcom Unity, which streams weekly hunts in the title, is celebrating with an impressive 12 hour live stream. It'll be worth watching for fans due to the multiple hunts, naturally, but there's also the promise of some attractive prizes and merchandise on offer for viewers. The schedule and details are below, including an impressively long spell tackling G-Rank quests.

WHEN: Friday, March 21, 2014
TIME: Starting at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 5pm UK / 6pm CET, ending at 10pm Pacific / 1am Eastern / 5am UK / 6am CET
WHERE: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity and Help D Lobby 10

Check out the official page (linked below) for all details. Will you be tuning in to watch the Capcom pros at work, or perhaps jumping into some hunts yourself? Let us know in the comments section.

[via capcom-unity.com]

Related Games

GamecubeComplex

GamecubeComplex said:

Why no article about today's pic of the day? Are you guys just going to not report on it and instead do your "A Week of Screenshots" thing?

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Pretty obvious no one at Capcom-Unity cares about watching March Madness today. lol

Stratostar

Stratostar said:

PSA: The Wii U version of MH3U recently had a permanent price drop to $20 at GameStop in NA. I'll definitely be getting it some time in the near future.

Faustek

Faustek said:

People, remember that this has DLC, FREE DLC!!!

Oh and I love the game, so should you all.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

Well it goes without saying that I hate this game! That's 280 hours of my life I'm not getting back ;-)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I heard the latest tracking puts this game at around 700,000 sold on Wii U (physical + digital). I believe it, too, since even VGChartz tracked about 400,000 physical sales alone a while back, and that hasn't been updated recently (not to mention VGChartz usually under tracks sales). That's pretty good, actually, especially considering the game was also on 3DS, AND it was a port of a Wii game. Well, not really your standard port- after all it did have almost an entirely new game's worth of content added, with HD and streamlined online hunting. Still, I say that's getting into success territory if you ask me.

Gameday

Gameday said:

We live to hunt yet another day ~

Ready for some MH4U see you guys around ~

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

@Gameday - You might want to label your video as NSFW just do to a bit of language. Impressive hunt.

I tuned in, quite the hunts on the stream.

Dragoon04

Dragoon04 said:

I was playing this game for the last two weeks straight. It is a great game but I had not idea I was playing on its birthday and I did not even wish it happy birthday. Sorry MH3U.