Video: Feast Your Tired And Weary Eyes On This Fresh Puyo Puyo Tetris Footage

Posted by Damien McFerran

Four-way puzzle madness

Today's not been fantastic as far as the world of Nintendo is concerned, but thankfully we've got some new footage of puzzle crossover title Puyo Puyo Tetris to show you, and that goes at least some way to making up for the less enjoyable news we've had recently.

The video — which shows off the four-player mode — is packed with flashing colours and excitable voices, and certainly cheered us up this morning. Hopefully it will have the same intoxicating effect on you.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is due to hit the Wii U and 3DS on February 6th in Japan. PS Vita and PS3 versions are also coming at the same time. There's no word on a western release at the time of writing.

Related Games

TJGamer

TJGamer said:

Go Sega, Go Sega, Go Go Go Sega.
Wow lovely and competitive. I need now Sega PLEASEE

GuSilverFlame

GuSilverFlame said:

puyo puyo tetris!?!?!? you mean a Puzzle game crossover!?!?!?
looks like a dream!(I love puzzle games they are infinite and never get too repetitive)

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

See the signs, SEGA! You could start a genre domination on Nintendo consoles! No puzzle games are more intense than competitive PuyoPuyo matches! BRING IT!

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

If anything, at least make these avalible on the eShops! They probably won't shift many physical copies but priced right they can be a popular download! ;)

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

I wish SEGA would release this game here. At this point in my gaming life, this is about the only thing that satisfies me long-term.
I spent hundreds of hours playing puyo against my bro back in the day. Even these days.

Technosphile

Technosphile said:

Better be a western download, I regretfully bought Dr. Luigi but this is more up my alley..

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

Ooooh boy I really hope this washes up west before too long!

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

"There's no word on a western release at the time of writing."

So... how is this supposed to make us feel better, then? ;)

Sorry, just really bowled over by all the bad financial news.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Please release this in North America. I imported Puyo Puyo for the Famicom and it's awesome. I suck at the competitive modes but I don't care... I WANT THIS!!! B-)

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

How do the Japanese do it?

How do they make freaking TETRIS look so fast-paced, exciting and awesome? HOW?

Wolfo

Wolfo said:

I hope to see this game outside Japan, I've been imported the last versions for Wii: Puyo puyo 15th anniversary, Puyo puyo 7 and 20th anniversary, its super fun in multiplayer.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Awesome crossover, you know it's gonna be awesome when you see that Tetris is a part of it. The last game I had that got such similar feature to this was Tetris/Dr. Mario for Super NES.

JaredJ