These Pokémon X & Y Playing Cards Would Be Perfect for Poké Poker

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Let's all speculate over brand confusion with Trading Cards, or not...

When it comes to Pokémon X & Y, it's unlikely that many merchandising opportunities will be missed; the games have sold in seriously impressive quantities and have a fiercely loyal fanbase, so collectibles and extras are likely to be doing a reasonable trade.

As is often the case, some of the best Nintendo merchandise is in Japan, so the X & Y decks below — themed around Xerneas and Yveltal on the back and showing different 'mon on the front — are available for ¥525, roughly $5USD.

Whether playing Solitaire alone, Rummy with youngsters or the serious business of Poker, these would make it that little bit more enjoyable.

[via kotaku.com]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

$5? Bring those over here to the US! People would buy them. That's money you are leaving on the table Nintendo!

ikki5

ikki5 said:

If they don't come to NA, then it is Ebay for me. They cannot region lock these :D

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

They would be perfect for my son's stocking or mine for that matter. We both love Pokemon.

Squid

Squid said:

I love these! I hope they will be sold in NA somehow. These would be great Club Nintendo rewards.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

Apparently Pokemon playing cards have been available in Japan in a flavor for almost every game since Red/Green. It baffles me that they haven't released any anywhere else. I'd love a deck of these.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

I collect decks of cards. I would love a X deck especially if there are Pancham/Pangoro cards!

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

There are no pictures of naked ladies on those cards therefore they are not appropriate for poker.