Teslagrad Wii U Release Drops Into 2014

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Arrives on PC / Mac / Linux on 13th December

We've made little secret of the fact that we're anticipating the arrival of Teslagrad on the Wii U eShop, as our impressions in time spent with the game so far have been undoubtedly positive. Unfortunately it won't make its appearance on the store in 2013 as originally planned, with Rain Games officially confirming that it's slipped into 2014.

That's not the case on all platforms, however, as the studio's press release confirms that the title will hit PC / Linux and Mac — via services such as Steam — on 13th December, priced €8.99 / £6.99 in Europe and $9.99USD in North America. That doesn't mean those will be the prices on Wii U — as console platforms do sometimes prompt higher prices — but those rates do at least give us some indication.

The Wii U and PS3 versions "are still in development and going ahead at a good pace", but no window for 2014 was given. We have a wait on our hands, then, but if you want to learn more in the meantime then be sure to check out our interview with Rain Games and our Teslagrad first impressions.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Aw. This was one of the few games (the other being Shovel Knight) I was planning on getting before 2014. Darn.

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

Guess I might as well get it on the PC, sooner and probably cheaper.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

First Shovel Knight now Teslagrad? Big bummer. I recently bought Mario 3D World and Assassin's Creed IV, and those will be my last retail Wii U games this year. I was looking forward to downloading some eShop goodies this December, but everything keeps getting pushed into next year.

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

I get all of these indie games for $1-5 on pc. they come out 1st, are cheaper, and are always the best versions. Most even come in bundles where you can get about 10 of them for $1-5. check out sites like humblebundle.com or groupees.com or indiegala.com to see for yourself.

Indies on Wii U are way overpriced.

AK-1138

AK-1138 said:

Teslagrad? How about Groznyj Grad instead, if you know what I'm sayin'?

JustinH

JustinH said:

Man, is anything coming out in December? Gee whiz. Just when I was actually coming around on this game.

@GamerJunkie We've got what, four indie titles in the eShop this month that are $2 each? That's really not bad.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

@GamerJunkie Your definition of "overpriced" is broken. There's a difference between "overpriced" and "not constantly on sale all the time." I love PC gaming and its price benefits as much as you do, but please stop calling indie games on other platforms overpriced just because they don't get extreme sales. It's getting on my nerves.

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

@ToastyYogurt Why? Its the truth. If I can get thegame on PC for $1, why woudl I ever pay $10-15 on Wii U? Also with less features and many coming out way later than the pc version too?

Its overpriced IMO, if not to you, fine, but I stick with my opinion and never will buy any game on Wii U that I can get on my PC for 10% the price, I'm sorry.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@GamerJunkie not everyone on this fine planet has a PC
Also some people rather game comfortably on the couch on a big screen its weird I know but so true
I do enjoy your enthusiasm of PC game sales though

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

@LDXD
I'm one of those people.. Last time I played on a PC was with a com 64... I'll pay the extra $$ for the wii u version.

Edit: no I played other games years ago but not my thing ...

Late

Late said:

@GamerJunkie: The prices on Steam and eShop are actually the same or at least close to each other but as some said, Steam has sales all the time and then there's Humble Bundle, etc.

I've bought Humble Bundle games few times but most of the games have never been played. This happens to lot of people. Buy games because they are so cheap and then never play them. If I buy a game for a console I'll always play them. I enjoy playing on console more and I want to support those who make the games. Giving them 10€ instead of 1€ is my way of saying: "Thank you for this awesome game."

By no means am I saying that everyone should spend more money on the same game they can get on PC. I just wanted to point out that there are people who are willing to pay more.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Well, I'm certain to get it on Wii U, either way, so it hardly matters to me.

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

@GamerJunkie I'd much rather actuall pay developers, and play on my system of choice rather than a PC. I only play 1 game on the PC these days and its a MMORPG...

Vriess

Vriess said:

I just finished the PC demo and it's heaps of fun! I'm gonna get it on the Wii U for sure :D