RUSH Confirmed for 12th December Release on Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The Two Tribes Classics Trilogy comes to an end

For those looking at low-cost additions for their Wii U download library, the Two Tribes Classics have certainly been tempting options — Toki Tori and EDGE have arrived so far. The final of the three releases now has a confirmed release date, with RUSH arriving in Europe and North America on 12th December for an initial price of £1.79 / $1.99 / €1.99; those rates represent a 50% discount over the launch period.

RUSH did arrive on WiiWare in an earlier form as Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy: RUSH, though this new entry will be based on the PC / Mac title that followed with the shortened name. The Wii U eShop version will also have some benefits unique to the system, with Two Tribes listing the following features in its press release.

• Off-TV gameplay supported
  • Unique 3D puzzle solving gameplay with Conveyor Belts, Warps, Stop Signs, Splits and more.
  • Over 70 levels of increasing difficulty
  • Hint system, when your brain needs a break
  • Drag and Drop stylus control system
  • Highly stylized environments

We'll be diving into this to bring you a review on its launch day. While we wait, below is the trailer previously released for the PC / Mac iteration — is this one on your wishlist?

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

1st of all......I picked up the 1st two for $1.99 and they have been well worth the cost. Not only are they fun little puzzler type games but my 4 year old son seems to really enjoy trying them as well. I guess at this point I might as well try them all

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

Wohoo! A new game on Wii U independently if it's AAA or indie, etc. Is more than welcome. I like puzzle games a lot :)

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

Pass, played it on PC and it wasn't anything special. Same as Toki Tori.

JustinH

JustinH said:

I still need to get Edge. I was saving that for the holidays. Seemed like a good fit for some reason.

luigifan2000

luigifan2000 said:

I'm hoping for enough money for mario 3d world, edge and toni tori. hope it will still be on sale.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I like these puzzle games. I bought Toki Tori, and I'll probably pick up EDGE and this with my $5 eShop promo code. I think it's a good deal.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I'd never heard of this game until now, but I gotta say, it looks amazing! I love puzzle games of this variety, and this will be a wonderful digital addition to my Wii U.

I still dream of the day a new Portal game is developed and brought to the Wii U with gamepad exclusive puzzle elements (ya right, like that would EVER happen lol, but hey- one can dream, right?),

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

Edge came out in 2011, already have it on steam. Rush came out in 2010, got them both as part of an indie bundle about 10 games for $1-4 and they came with android versions too.

Nintendo needs to put more NEW games on Wii U and stuff that is not out on all the other platforms long ago......

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

I bought the original on Wiiware but haven't beaten it yet...those later levels were to hard!

element187

element187 said:

@sinalefa at $2 Edge is a steal. Fantastic music.. Not sure when the price will go up.

Does anyone know if Rush will be 1080p/60fps like Edge?

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@FineLerv

I feel that the word classic is used.... too easily by people now.... 2 years ago does not seem like classic to me.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

I played a Steam demo a few weeks back. There isn't really anything wrong with it, but it lacks anything that makes it stand out. I'll pass.

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

@ikki5
A fair point, to be sure. Although I guess if lumped together with Toki Tori it could be forgiven, considering its history.

Yasume

Yasume said:

This game is fantastic, although you'd be better off to download it on Steam as part of the Two Tribes Bundle, which includes EDGE, RUSH, Toki Tori and Toki Tori 2+. Picked up the entire bundle for just €4,- last week.:)

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Anything Two Tribes have put out on Wii U so far was special.
Very excited for RUSH as it escaped me on WiiWare back then because nobody told me how great Two Tribes really are!

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

I'll get all 3 the same day assuming The update is out by then that lets you combine account balances. lol