Nintendo of America Confirms Details for Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics Remote Plus Bundle

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Just an extra $10 for the controller

Already released in Europe, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games arrives in North America on 15th November. Nintendo of America has taken the opportunity to officially confirm the Wii Remote Plus bundle offering in the region, a product that various retailers had listed in recent weeks.

For a recommended price of $59.99 you can get the bundle pictured above, which also includes a blue Remote Plus; alternatively the standalone game with have a cost of $49.99 in stores and on the Wii U eShop. Rather like offers such as those with Wii Party U, Nintendo's aiming to offer attractive prices to enable Wii U owners to build up their collection of controllers.

Nintendo's Scott Moffitt says the following in the PR blurb for the game:

Two of the biggest names in video games are teaming up again for another Olympic Games-sized competition. Everyone in the family will be up off the couch, joining in the fun with all the other Olympic hopefuls.

For our part, we feel this title doesn't hit its potential in our Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games review, despite some good moments and the inclusion of online multiplayer in the series. We did conclude that "there’s still a lot of fun to be had" with a group of friends, however.

Are any of you in North America tempted by this Remote Plus bundle offering? Let us know in the comments below.

Blast

Blast said:

Just like with Mario Party 3DS... I can see alotta kids asking their parents for this game.

Nareva

Nareva said:

It's about as appealing to me as buying Wii U Party for the wiimote. I might just get both. I wish there was a bundle for the Mario and Luigi themed wiimote+. Those are the ones I'd really like, they would fit nicely with the Zelda themed one I have from my Skyward Sword purchase.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

In the UK the Wii Party U game and Wiimote is less than the price everywhere of just the wiimote plus.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Wii Party U would be a better deal since it also has the stand and is $10 less.

Anyway, I bought a Mario and a Luigi Wiimote, so I currently have 5. Enough for me.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Too bad I now have 5 Wii Remote Plus controllers... I'll probably pick up just this game and Wii Fit U around the first of December.

coreyerb

coreyerb said:

Picking this up the day it comes out, assuming Best Buy stocks it. I don't have any built-in Wii Remote Pluses so it's more than worth it to me. Cool color too.

With all the deals retailers are offering there are so many ways to not pay a full $60 for this bundle. You're doing it wrong if you're paying full price for any game between now and the end of the year.

Mommar

Mommar said:

I'd take the Wiimote and a Nunchuck in that color without the game...

rjejr

rjejr said:

Already have 4 Wiimote pluses but I'ld probably grab the bundle for $30 if I see a sale during holiday shopping.

" alternatively the standalone game with have a cost of $49.99 in stores and on the Wii U eShop."

with = will? Guess you burned yourself out writing that Talking Point title earlier ;-)

I know the official NL review was 7 out of 10 but I can't help but think somebody working there must like it more than that and would write a more glowing review. 1 trick pony bowling got an 8, though tennis only got a 6 so I guess they average out to 7. I'm ok w/ 7 though, it's an olympics game, that basically equates to licensed shovelware in my mind. The review read like a 3 though, I felt bad for the guy, sounded like he was suffering.

thesilverbrick

thesilverbrick said:

So many Wii remotes! I already have six, thanks to Wii Party U not being released as a stand alone title...

GearsOfWarU

GearsOfWarU said:

I plan on getting this looks fun and my wife loves Mario & Sonic games... It will be cool just for the fact you can play Hockey on Wii U .... I have plenty of Serious Games to Keep Me Busy but something fun to play with the Wife Sounds Cool

Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa said:

I am get this bundle along with the Wii Party U bundle at target. Target is offering a buy 2 get 1 free deal. And both of those bundles qualify.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I hope they will make this bundle in Europe too!

Already really tempted to buy the game, getting a Wiimote plus for only extra 10€ would seal the deal :D

RawkHawk013

RawkHawk013 said:

Awesome deal here! A wiimote plus and a game I am interested in for $60 plus the WiiPartyU bundle. Interested in this for the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal!

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

Of course I want the bundle, real question is if itll arrive stores near where I live.

snoox

snoox said:

I'm getting this, I need a remote & I also luv both Olympics so much :)

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Getting this once I get a Wii U, which won't be until after Christmas. I love the Olympic games. Plus my son loves them too.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

It would be silly not to pay the $10 extra for the controller. Hoping to get this soon, since I loved the kiosk demo.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I kinda want it, that along with the Mario and Luigi Motion+ controllers along with my Zelda will make it a complete collection plus despite the reviews I want to give it a shot because I really like the online features.