Bravely Default Dated for 6th December in Europe

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Q1 2014 in North America

We suspect that Bravely Default — the Flying Fairy part of the name seems to have been dropped in the West — is on quite a few 3DS wishlists. The handheld is gradually, like its DS predecessors, building up a range of quality RPG experiences, and based on the positive critical and commercial response in Japan this looks set to join that number.

Today's Nintendo Direct broadcast brought more footage that introduces key characters, while the European Nintendo Direct broadcast confirmed a release date of 6th December in the region; the North American window is Q1 2014. In the case of Europe this is the first time that a firm date has been nailed down since it was confirmed; as the West is receiving the updated "For the Sequel" version of the title, it's certainly one to anticipate.

Check out the latest footage below and let us know whether you plan to pick it up.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Totally jealous of my EU friends! This is my most anticipated game on any system at the moment. I love me some old school Final Fantasy, and this is that, tit for tat ;).

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Sorry, but the voice acting in this sucks. I'm so glad that Legend of Zelda is staying text based.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Thank God for dual audio. Super excited for this game. I don't mind the delay for Americans, as there is already so much coming out for 3DS in the next few months.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

I don't know why Square Enix insists on making all their 3DS games with chibi characters.

I like cute things more than the average person but I feel the chibi character take away from the supposed serious story.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

This one is firmly at the top of my most anticipated 3DS games list. It will probably be my main to be played over Christmas.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"the Flying Fairy part of the name seems to have been dropped in the West"

Wasn't the Flying Fairy part already dropped for "For the Sequel"?

Unless it was called "Bravely Default Flying Fairy for the Sequel" in which case all of that has been dropped.

I guess what's important is that the west gets the new and improved version, whatever it's called.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

My most wanted 3DS title since Awakening.

This is one epic final quarter for Nintendo!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

The trailer for the NA version is far superior to the UK trailer. The voice acting actually isn't too cringe-inducing in that trailer.

paburrows

paburrows said:

All of these RPGs are great, I hope though that we get more tactical RPGs for the 3DS, we got Fire Emblem and but I would love a new Final Fantasy Tactics and Advance Wars, but for AD return it back to the more light hearted ways of the first few games.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Pre-ordered :) . Also those complaining about the voice, i'm sure i read an article on polygon that stated it will come with Japanese and English voice options. If thats the case i'll be using the Japanese versions :) .

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I'm still more than a bit peeved for the lack of SMT4 date, but at least with this I got my JRPG needs covvered for xmas.

LeVideoGamer

LeVideoGamer said:

Damn it, I need a 3DS. Kirby, Ace Attorney V, Pokémon, Bravely Default. Who wants to bump me £200? Anyone?

WildMan

WildMan said:

After watching the trailer, I'm not sure I want this game. It looked so blah to me..

Weedy

Weedy said:

@Peach64
Agreed. Got the Christmas game lined up, now all I need to do is work out how to fit it in around all the family fun :P

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I've been waiting for this for so long... looks like it'll be coming around the time DKC Tropical Freeze hits, which is cool I guess. Better to have the releases spread a little more evenly than everything this holiday season and nothing for Q1 2014. Those 2 games should fill the gap nicely while waiting for Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros 4, Yoshi's New Island, Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem and Monolith Soft's X.

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

In the Nintendo Direct, they seem to mention a special edition is coming to the UK, any idea what the details on that will be like, or when we will get confirmation on the details for it enough to to able to preorder it?

Araknie

Araknie said:

And people still didn't notice that this game has the spells of an FF, that's because it's set in the same universe as FFV (but a different world), hence why there is also a Job system.

Glad to be italian, also totally choosing the Japanese voice acting.