Deathstroke DLC Confirmed For Batman: Arkham Origins On Wii U

Posted by Orla Madden

Play as great assassin, Deathstroke

Earlier last month, we reported that it was unknown if the Wii U version of Batman: Arkham Origins would receive downloadable content. Sniper Elite V2 and Mass Effect 3 had no signs of any DLC, and after a flyer revealed that the upcoming Batman title may not contain extra material on all platforms, we were hoping this wouldn't continue a common trend for Nintendo's latest console.

However, our prayers have been answered, as Aussie-Gamer reports a confirmation from Warner Bros. Interactive that the Deathstroke DLC will indeed be available for the Wii U's version of the game.

The Deathstroke DLC package features Deathstroke as a playable character in the game's challenge mode, two Deathstroke player skins, and gamers will be able to enjoy two additional challenge maps.

Batman: Arkham Origins is scheduled for global release on the 25th October this year. Are you pleased that the extra content has been announced for the game? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via aussie-gamer.com]

XavandSo

XavandSo said:

Good, I'll pick it up then, I liked Arkham City.
I'm willing to support any third party that stands behind Nintendo. I currently have pre-orders for Watch Dogs and ACIV, with my long overdue Legends pre-order collecting dust in my abyss of my wallet. CoD Ghosts and this are games for later in the coming year. I only have my 1st Party eye on SM3DW, but haven't had the slightest inch of pre-ordering it.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

No body officially said it wasn't.. but it seems unless anything is screamed from the roof tops then its automatically assumed its not on WiiU.
There's been quite a few of these situations now where people presumes the worst.

Thearnaud44

Thearnaud44 said:

JUST because of that i will be buying the game. That was the thing that just pushed me enough.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Awesome news! I guess I'll be getting this for Wii U after all then. I loved Arkham City on Wii U, but was disappointed when I heard Origins for it possibly wasn't getting the DLC. Now that it is, I look forward to this version :D

dumedum

dumedum said:

Arkahm City: AE was amazing so I'm definitely looking forward for this one. Especially using the GamePad features and Off Tv playing.

ScorpionMG

ScorpionMG said:

finally, not that i buy dlc and stuff like that, but lots do now, and we need all the support we can get.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Day one purchase for me. Support begats support, especially for a quality game like this, really looking forward to batman origins

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Yes! I'm so glad to hear this. It was really worrying that it might not be coming to Wii U. Hopefully this is also an indicator that all of the DLC will come to the system.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Thank you very much, Warner Bros. You are not only giving the DLC to all platforms, but also setting an example for other companies to follow. Hats off to you.

Don't think I will preorder, but I can still support them by getting Injustice and Batman AC for my Wii U.

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

Will this be available if I pre order it anywhere? I wanna pre order it from Gamestop in Ireland I presume they would have it. I never pre order things so I don't really know whats up.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

My bro likes that. Deathstroke may be a fun character to play. Combat and guns, though there maybe an ocean of blood. HYPE!!! :O

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Thanks for sourcing us Orla, appreciate it! This makes the Wii U version possibly the definitive version (dependant on future DLC besides Deathstroke)

CrissCross87

CrissCross87 said:

Is it just me, or is this the first of it's kind? I can't remember when any Wii U game received any Pre order bonus... Or any dlc.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Why is it DLC? If it will be ready for launch, it should be on the damn disk.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Soo, we're actually getting the pre-order bonus for this? That's awesome! I think I will actually pre-order this game now, instead of just waiting a while and getting it then :)

hydeks

hydeks said:

@Trikeboy chances are if you don't pre-order it and get it later, it will DLC available on the eShop, and will have a price attached to it. They've done this kinda thing before with games like Borderlands 2.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Fill me in, im kinda confused (could be the 9 hours of streight work without a single break and no time to drink anything at 30°+...)
But is this just a pre order bonus (i seem to remember that this was the case for the other platforms) or is it a simple DLC, or maybe even both, a pre order bonus that gets released afterwards.
Because i hate pre orders with a passion. It limits me how i can plan in my money.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Bah I will believe it when I see it. I am still waiting on the DLC for the Wii U version of Injustice: Gods Among Us that they said we were going to get this Summer. Well its Summer where is the DLC?

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

A year down the line they will release the Game of the Year edition will all DLC and it will be half the cost of the retail version.

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

I guess I am thinking about the DLC plus the cost of the game at retail. and when you do the math it will be better to wait a year.

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

@efaulk84 You're certainly right at that, but I'd rather buy the game when it comes out to help sales. The Wii U has been in a pretty bad scenario for a long time.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

Cool. Now if Target would just get the preorder cards in for this, AC 4, and Watch Dogs, I'll be set. The PS3 and 360 ones have been there for weeks now.

GuttaBunny

GuttaBunny said:

Thats all well and good but id rather here some news about the framerate this time. If its as bad as Armoured Edition i wont bother.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Finally! A company that appreciates the Wii U enough to give it DLC! Can't wait to play as Deathstroke!

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Good stuff. Will it be setup so you can "preorder it" in the eshop like on PSN so you can get the bonus without having to go physical?
Or is it just going to be physical copies on release anyway?

Austroid

Austroid said:

That's great news! Now what about the supposed PS3-exclusive content featuring the Adam West and Azreal-themed suits?

Untitled

I'd at least want the Adam West suit. So awesome.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

@hydeks I have no problem downloading it, I just mean that this is something that is working for the game right now. It might be free for people who preorder but it shouldn't be paid DLC. It should be available on the disk since it has been made. It is DLC for DLC's sake.

Blue-Thunder

Blue-Thunder said:

@Trikeboy
It is on the disc I'll give you an example. I seen DLC for Gran turismo 5 on the PSN, it was £15 for a load of cars and a couple of tracks, now that would be quite a bit of data or so you would think but the size of the download was 800kb. the download is just to unlock the content which is already on the disc.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

@BestBuck123 Then, it isn't DLC then. If it is on the disk and the "DLC" unlocks it, it does the same as a cheat code or an in game reward. There is no need to call this DLC then.

Grayjedi13

Grayjedi13 said:

Awesome, DLC on this and on Injustice. It's about time we start seeing the Wii U treated like the other consoles. BTWs Amazon is offering $10 gift cards with the preorder of any Arkham Origins game, including the 3DS version. Not a bad deal especially if you're getting both games.

skeksis420

skeksis420 said:

Just went to the gamestop website, wii u version says nothing about additional content... xbox360 AND ps3 pages both have the banners for it

tgdatlanta

tgdatlanta said:

Amazon customer service is confirming what it says on their page for Arkham Origins for Wii U - that the Deathstroke DLC will ONLY be available for PS3 and Xbox 360. They specifically said that it would not be available for Wii U pre-orders of the game. I'm hoping Amazon changes that before I end up pre-ordering the game for a different console.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

Well I pre-ordered this back in July.... Like why not give us pre-order bonuses as well????