Cloudberry Kingdom Rising on the Wii U eShop on 1st August
Posted by Tim Latshaw
Prepare your beards now
Pwnee Studios has now confirmed to us that Cloudberry Kingdom will arrive in Europe on 1st August, the same as in North America, and will cost €9.99.
It's now been confirmed that the Kickstarter-funded platformer Cloudberry Kingdom — now being published by Ubisoft — will make its entrance onto the Wii U eShop in North America on 1st August for $9.99; we're currently confirming European details.
The press release confirming this date also says that the following content can be expected.
- Infinite Levels: A platformer designed with a fully random level generator. Every level is brand new and never seen before. The difficulty level can match any need, from the casual to the hardcore. Also, save and send levels to friends!
- Hero Selection: Play as 10 hero types and unlock more. Also create your own hero in Hero Factory, not just the look of the hero but the physics as well.
- Multiple Game Modes: Experience three different types of play; Story mode, Free Play, and Arcade mode which include Time Crisis, Hero Rush,and Escalation.
- Multiplayer and Co-Op: Up to four player gaming with local multiplayer and Co-Op modes, including Bungee mode
- Celebrity Voice Acting: The game touts celebrity Voice Actor Kevin Sorbo Star of the hit TV series "Hercules" , "Andromeda" and leading role in the parody film “Meet the Spartans”.
We think you can expect quite the charming, old-school challenge from Cloudberry Kingdom, based on our hands-on time with the title. Are you looking forward to taking on the infinite, randomized challenges of the realm? Let us know in the comments.