Mutant Mudds Deluxe Will Cost Less Than Ten Bucks

Posted by Andy Green

Renegade Kid's upcoming release will set you back $9.99

Renegade Kid's Mutant Mudds Deluxe - the bolstered version of the popular 3DS eShop title Mutant Mudds - will be arriving in the Wii U eShop in North America on 13th June.

The price of the game has now been revealed by the developer's co-founder Jools Watsham on Twitter and it will cost less than ten bucks:

This expanded HD re-release will of course feature all of the original game's levels as well as the downloadable content and an additional 20 brand-new ghost-themed stages. There's even a new gun power up in the new levels so you can get your ghost-busting on.

There's still no news on a European release for this one just yet, hopefully it won't be too far away now.

Do you think $9.99 a fair price? If you played the original, will you download this too? Let us know by dropping a comment.

[via twitter.com]

LDXD

LDXD said:

Can't wait for this considering I haven played the 3ds version and under ten bucks seems like a good deal to me

KAHN

KAHN said:

"less than $10 bucks!"
me: "really? YES!"
"it's 9.99 dollars!"
me:"are you kidding me? not cool NintyLife ]:"

ompgsag

ompgsag said:

How is $9.99 less than $10? Especially when you factor in taxes and such. And doubly especially for countries that have dropped the penny.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Not a bad price at all. I'll consider it, but I wasn't much of a fan of the 3DS demo.

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

That's a very good deal especially considering all the extra levels and control methods. I was figuring $14.99 but this is way better.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I'm not going to get this HD version as I feel $9.99 is too much considering you can get the same game for $0.99 on IOS, and I already brought the 3DS version at full price.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I just finished the 3DS's version DLC, so I'll just pass on this one. Check me in when Mutant Mudds 2 is ready.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Denkou

Denkou said:

it will cost less than $10!
FALSE
sales tax (which for some stupid reason is applied on eshop money rather than real money; the stupidest system ever as eshop credit is "rarer" than normal money) ramps it up to almost $11.

I-U

I-U said:

8 levels per dollar? That's a steal considering the experience being offered. I'm looking forward to the 20 new Ghost Levels, and how the flow of the game turns out now that there are checkpoints.

ueI

ueI said:

I never played the original, but I know the game was $8.99. I think "deluxe" is worth a dollar.

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

@Jazzer94
Are the controls even tight enough without buttons? Since you actually have both, I'm interested to know if the touch only version can actually stand up to buttons. The snap feeling when the button comes down and the fact that there is actually something there is huge for staying oriented in my opinion. Plus, this game calls for very tight and responsive controls.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Have the 3ds version and was not impressed, so I shall pass. Hopefully everyone who digs the game has a great time with the "HD" version.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

Great price! Sadly I cannot do any e-shop purchases until I get an external hard drive for my basic set....

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I think I will do exactly the same as I did with Mighty Switch Force: skip the original in 3DS and get the HD rerelease with more levels for 10 bucks. I will gladly exchange the 3D effect for a chance of playing the game in my 40 inches screen.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I played the demo, and to be honest I really don't know what people like so much about this game. The retro graphics are really fun, and the simplicity of the gameplay is charming for a few minutes, but beyond that it's just too simple for me to enjoy. Jump and shoot; there's nothing to it. If it had been released 25 years ago it would have been rad, but now I guess it just doesn't do it for me.

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

I'll probably grab this eventhough I was given a 3ds xl for my birthday by my beautiful wife.. I feel the HD version seems better suited for my wii u gamepad ;)

Also fire emblem awakening is awesome!!

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I for one, would like to see these Ghost Levels ported to the 3DS version at some point, but thats just me.
Oh, and to those of you complaining about sales tax, Nintendo dropped the tax on the prepaid cards, and has the tax now on the eShop. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with DSi/Wii points, you had tax on the card, but none on the game.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Guys, the game is good, but the title is wrong. It costs more than $10. there is this thing called tax. and even at $9.99, it's still $10.

3DGamerDude

3DGamerDude said:

I already own the 3DS version, so I don't think it's worth it for just 20 new levels. I'd consider getting it if I didn't already own the original. I don't get the point of re-releasing the same game a year or two later with just a couple of added features, as with Mighty Switch Force HD and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Besides, the graphics are made to look retro, so the Wii U's HD won't make much of a difference.

Objection

Objection said:

I feel bad for the people who live in areas where they get taxed on eshop, but please stop complaining that this makes the game "more than $10." Practically everything is taxed anyway so to bring it up is kind of moot anyway. Everything is $X + tax.
EDIT: are eshop cards sold in stores taxed? Is that the reference? Because buying credit via credit/debit card is not (at least, in my state.) It's pretty easy and safe to set up and use a debit card, so I'd recommend it, boys and gals. (Think you only have to be 16.)

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@Objection They aren't taxed, but the digital cash is. It used to be the point card is taxed, and the points on the Wii/DSi aren't.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

I got the iOS version for free, but I muuuuch prefer button controls so I'm likely to pick this up... when I finally get a Wii U.

Kirk

Kirk said:

I'm thinking $4.99 would have made it a bit more of an impulse buy.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

This seems like a pretty good deal to me. I haven't played the original yet besides the demo, and I actually liked the 3D quite a bit so I am not sure if I would be able to sacrifice that addition for 20 more levels. I guess time will tell.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

@skjia @Alienfish Sorry for taking so long to reply the controls aren't as tight but they work fine also the game really isn't too difficult imo. skjia when the game released on ios the price was $0.99, Jools Watsham justification for this on his blog was that physical buttons and 3D (which really doesn't add much) justified the much higher price on the e-shop, I personally feel $4.99 should of been the price.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I would almost call it false advertising from this site! Yes, it's below 10 but it's only 1 cent!!