Sega Files Trademark For Sonic Lost World

Posted by Damien McFerran

Is this the title of the next Sonic game?

We've already heard a few rumours regarding the next Sonic title, and while it's hard to ascertain if there's any truth behind them, one question appears to have been answered thanks to a trademark registration by Sega itself.

Sega has just registered the title Sonic Lost World, which could well be the moniker for the spiky one's next console outing. No other details were given aside from the name, so feel free to make up your own predictions.

Will this game feature dinosaurs? What kind of friends is Sonic going to bring along with him this time? Share your hopes, desires and fears in the comment section below.

[via siliconera.com]

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

I think that was also the name an action stage in 'Sonic Adventure', with epic music I recall. I hope they make Sonic 4 episode 3, I liked the previous 2.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

@Beta They are not bad at all, but I prefer the more open ended approach in Sonic games than the restricted on rails routes.

CoAndy

CoAndy said:

hopefully none off his "chums" (Barring Tails and Knuckles) will appear...

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming." — Jeff Goldblum, The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Beta

Beta said:

@HeatBombastic Even if they use just the Pro Controller I would still be happy, all I want is Sonic holding a sword in a medieval world <3

Gnoll

Gnoll said:

@demonta4
Lately he's mainly used in cutscenes (barring Sonic 4 ep.2). I would actually prefer to have him as an alternative charachter to play the game.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I could imagine it to be like Sonic Colors, but instead of saving cute aliens in a giant space carnival, Sonic would be saving a village lost in a secret area no one has ever discovered... Until now.

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

Everybody hates it when Sonic games have extra "gimmicks" such as fishing with Big the Cat or turning into a Werehog... I don't hate those so much. so I'm gonna say that I hope Sega put as MANY gimmicks in this new game as they possibly can. Mmmhm.

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Yes! More potential news.
Cool title. It definitely could be the next installment of the storybook series, though it's obviously hard to tell at this point. I'm hoping that there are at least a few different playable characters. That would add to the replay value and possibly allow a multi-player mode.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Side scrolling platformers are great, but I'm hoping for a 3D game here. We've got a lot of great platformers already. Don't want the genre getting a little stale and over done. (Adventure style is great with me).

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Ristar42 - I think I just played that level a few weeks ago on my Dreamcast. Sonic Adventure was my first and still my favorite Sonic game so a new open world game like that works for me. Though the sequels had too much of everyone else, I pretty much only enjoy Sonic.

Guitardude7

Guitardude7 said:

....How about Sonic Adventure 3? Doesn't Sega realize how easily they could make money off of that? Cause I'd buy it in a heart beat!

Yellowgerbil

Yellowgerbil said:

The only gimmicks I liked were sonic heroes style and the Wisps. I hope it's 1080p hd exclusive for Wii U. :-)

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Sounds creative! I can't wait to see this "Sonic Lost World". I am one of Sonic's biggest fans and I am so excited for a new Sonic announcement! Sonic Lost World sounds awesome! See you at E3, Sega! :D

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I wonder what type of Sonic game this will end up being. It sounds pretty similar to certain parts of Sonic Adventure. I'm just not sure if they would make another one of that series again.

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

@rjejr I prefered Sonic Adventure to the sequels, completed the game 100% on Dreamcast, yes, even finishing the Big the Cat mode. Playing the game again on PSN recently, I felt a bit motion sick...
@FullbringIchigo Yes, SEGA should add Sonic 4 to Wii U, I really enjoyed episode 2.

Wilford111

Wilford111 said:

Just because there was a movie with "Lost World" in it's title, doesn't mean there will be dinosaurs!! But, it's possible...

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I don't really care if it's a Sonic sequel to any games, as long as it plays as good as Generation then I'm all for it. If it's more like Sonic 2006 then I'm just gonna ignore it.

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I like all of Sonic's friends. Even the ones others find annoying like Big or Cream or Silver... I like 'em all. Certainly like them better than the millions of nondescript human characters included in games like Unleashed. I don't get the aversion to including lots of Sonic's friends, it makes it seem like people don't trust Sega to make a worthwhile game with them.

Skeet102

Skeet102 said:

Oh God, remember last time a sonic game had world in it.(Sonic World Adventure A.K.A. Sonic Unleashed)

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Well, hopefully they'll have character options this time around (and just Tails DOES NOT COUNT) - they could do a setup like Sonic and the Black Knight; you could unlock additional characters, like Shadow or Knuckles or Blaze, but have the option to play as them. Not required; just an option.

TheSonicdude97

TheSonicdude97 said:

Awww yeah!! It's good to be hearing something about new Sonic adventures, it's been a while and I'm gearing up for the next game! My hope for now is that the great effort we've always been given, is put to use and no rushing occurs. I have high faith in SEGA for the amazing upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog title, Lost World(s) or whatever it may be~ :D

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Hopefully we can return to the 3d exploration gameplay of the Sonic Adventure series, with a bit more polish and a more complex story. Just with NO human-animal relationships of the 06 game!

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Maybe the lost world is where Ristar is living..............yeah, the story could be that Sonic travels so far in space, that he finds Ristar and goes on an adventure with him, and in the end, Ristar says "I'll see you again Sonic, but except i'll be in your world................and will stay for a while, and go on more adventures with your friends" and then Ristar joins the Sonic series and stuff.

That won't probably happen anytime soon, but you never know, can't wait for more details.

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

Maybe the title will be changed to "Sonic & The Lost World", and will be the third entry in the Storybook Series.

FilmerNgameR

FilmerNgameR said:

I want the next Sonic game to be Sonic Adventure 3 but if "Lost World" ends up being a good game then I will be okay :)