Rumour: Dr Kawashima's 3DS Prescription Delayed Until September In Europe

Posted by Damien McFerran

Devilish Brain Training now listed as "TBC" on Nintendo's site

Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training — known as Brain Age: Concentration Training in North America — was supposed to launch in Europe on April 12th. We've heard very little about the game in the past few weeks, and the official page for the title now has its release date listed as "TBC".

In addition to that, UK high street retailer GAME is stating a September launch for the game.

We reviewed the North American release back in February, and we decided that the title "boasts a wealth of content, smart presentation, and loads more charm than you'd expect from a brain-training game".

Needless to say, we've reached out to Nintendo Europe for confirmation regarding this possible delay, and will report back on what the company says. In the meantime, post a comment to tell us if you were looking forward to exercising your grey matter this April.

[via nintendoeverything.com, game.co.uk]

Peach64

Peach64 said:

A finished game delayed with less than a week to launch? I wonder if Nintendo will get the ridiculous abuse Ubisoft got.

MysticX

MysticX said:

Over here in EU the brain-training fad seems to be quite over (Maybe Nintendo are hoping for early holiday rush to push sales along?), it's still annoying to get finished games pushed back yet again though...

md1500

md1500 said:

Really annoyed about this if true. I was looking forward to the game, and I hate games being arbitrarily delayed for no reason.

Having said that, the Rayman Legends situation was far, far worse, as it seemed the entire Wii U launch was designed around it, and without it, we had a 4 month period of no new games whatsoever.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Also, Rayman Legends delay was so they could kiss up to the rules of the Microsoft corporation (and get more profir from sales hopefully for Montreal). Anyway, thid delay seriously sucks lemons. Hopefully, Nintendo will at least change the crappy name of the game. Doubt it though.

DePapier

DePapier said:

September... (Rayman starts coming to mind...)

It's the name of the game. They should just give it the American name.

Squashie

Squashie said:

I enjoyed the DS Brain Training games, but the delay doesn't make a huge difference to me because I will wait until it's reduced slightly anyway.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Can we still get the Streetpass puzzle please (I mean Rhythm Heav...I mean Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise also came out ages after America yet the puzzle came out the same time).

Personally, I'm not that surprised. NOE hardly ever release anything July/August and rarely release more than 1 thing per month. Let's see:
March - MH Tri Ultimate, Luigi ("Mario" title so worldwide launch)
April-Fire Emblem
May-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
June-Animal Crossing

In short, February should have been its slot as none of the above would be pushed back...then again June could also work if we decide to count Animal Crossing as "worldwide launch".

@DePapier Incorrect. Brain Training performed far better in Europe than America. Unless NOAs marketing was terrible the only other difference is the name. Likewise with Professor Layton, NOEs different boxart sold the game much better than NOA did, so much so that NOA were forced to relaunch the game.

jarreboum

jarreboum said:

Plus Brain training games rely a lot more on the long trail, there is less a need of a launch at the right moment unlike more traditional games that make most of their sales in the first week. A June release won't impair December sales, thanks to TV ads and women's magazines shopping lists

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Damn. Unfortunate news. :/
Europe already has bad delays in general.
But again, as long as Animal Crossing is ok, I'll survive. >:3

robbleshague

robbleshague said:

Ugh. That's annoying if so. I very much like the sound of the focus improving stuff. My attention span is atro

Romeo

Romeo said:

who cares?
wouldn't even get this if it was free
i want to express my condolences for all the children who wish for great 3DS games under their christmas tree, but instead get this
i feel for you

Yosher

Yosher said:

They really shouldn't start making a habit of delaying games so shortly before release... No matter how small of a game it might be.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I already have Brain Age 1 & 2 but I hardly play them anywhere near as much as I should. I'm not sure if I would get this iteration because of that.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I'm sure they had to delay it because it was taking so long to localize it. You know, translating all the English speech and text into English and all that.

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

I enjoy playing this game. I don't understand why so many people are selling it short. Sure it's no Mario or Zelda game, but games like this have their own purpose.