Super Hang-On 3D Speeding Into The Japanese 3DS eShop Next Week

Posted by Damien McFerran

Time extension

Space Harrier 3D was the first of Sega's efforts to give its illustrious arcade portfolio a new lease of life on the Nintendo 3DS, and it's being followed by another beloved coin-op smash-hit: Super Hang-On.

Yu Suzuki's motorcycle racing classic is coming to the Japanese 3DS eShop next week for 600 Yen ($6.30 / £4.15 / €4.85). As with Space Harrier, it will add a 3D effect to the gameplay and also allows you to use the console's tilt control to simulate the movement of the original arcade cabinet's handlebars.

We're massive fans of Sega's previous titles here at Nintendo Life, and can't wait to get our hands on this. Are you equally excited, or were you hoping for a different coin-op classic? Perhaps you're already happy with the Virtual Console Arcade edition? Let us know by posting a comment.

[via gonintendo.com]

Bigmac1910

Bigmac1910 said:

OMG, gotta have that one, EU release please.

EDIT: Good luck using the tilt control and 3D.

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

I got this on the Wii VC, except I can't get the hang of it. This game's hard :(

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Fun but crushing quarter-muncher. I hope it comes to NA. And we get Outrun someday as well.

idork99

idork99 said:

I'm just hoping any of these Sega classics make it out to NA soon. Personally, although it's not a game with 3D in mind, I'd love to see them bring the original arcade Shinobi.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I second the hope for these Sega 3D classics to come west. Maybe even a little Sub-Roc 3D while we're at it, eh?

Windy

Windy said:

OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! Haha I can't wait!. I would love to see sega Just start Converting a Ton of Franchises!
Phantasy Star Online/Zero,Outrun, Shenmue, Sonic, Shining Force, Shining the Holy Ark, Hang on, Some sorta Dreamcast 3d collection would be awesome! Oh the dreaming
Sega really could take in the 3DS and pretty much make it a home as far as I'm Concerned :)
Did I forget anything?

Windy

Windy said:

@idork99 The new Shinobi on 3DS was pretty darn good. I totally agree with the classic arcade shinobi. that would be an excellent 3d Classic

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 I must admit I am a Huge Sega Fanboy. I would love to see Sega Make their home on the 3DS. There is so much that's so good that they could just start unleashing on the system. would love to see it but it's probably a pipe dream to see every one of those classics come to 3DS

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Windy: I love what they did with the Game Gear games on the eshop, but why do we only have 3 stinkin' games so far?? I can't tell you how much I want U.S. Gold's Mega Man! Different screen options(including FULL!), custom button mapping, just simply brilliant! Why can't Nintendo follow suit w/ their GB/GBC/NES games? It is Nintendo's console after all. You think they would, right?

Number_6

Number_6 said:

I ran across Hang-On in an arcade recently. I have a Ducati track bike in real life, and thought I would impress the hell out of my daughter and her little buddies. Nope. In the game you turn the handlebars in the direction you want to turn, in real life you press them opposite of the direction you want to turn. Couldn't overcome the instincts ingrained by years of adrenaline and brief moments of terror, so I just muttered something about being fast on a real bike and slunk away to a dark corner.

scotty30717

scotty30717 said:

Wow, another 3d Classics game on Nintendo e-shop. They went on about it at the 3ds e-shops launch and then released a couple games. But then it seems they forgot about it. The last 3d Classic I remember them releasing was in February 2012! Kid Icarus, I think?!

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 Yep you would think making money is what nintendo would do. It also cannot be hard to convert these games to the Eshop. A 3d classic may take some time but the VC is weak. Whoever is in charge of the VC is doing a terrible job. There have been some nice releases lately but overall just aweful

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

This must be released in the US region, and a possible release for Out Run as well.

sainrub

sainrub said:

Nice, will be cool in 3D. Wonder if they will add Enduro Racer or Outrun next? :D