Next Level Games Has A "Top Secret" Title In Development

Posted by Andy Green

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon developer is hard at work

Next Level Games is the Canadian studio behind the upcoming Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and it appears it hasn't been taking any time off after the long development process.

According to the LinkedIn profile of Devon Blanchet, a lead designer at the company, there's a "top secret" game that's been in the works since October 2012.

We're not sure which platform the developer is bringing this project to, but considering we thoroughly enjoyed its most recent game we're pretty excited to find out. You can check out our Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon review to see what we thought of it.

What would you like to see from Next Level Games' upcoming title? Let us know by posting a comment below.

[via gonintendo.com]

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

You guys just finished Luigi's Mansion. And you have a other project?!?!? Top Secret?!?!?!?

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

It's most likely either Mario Strikers 3DS or U, or Luigi's Mansion for the Virtual console or an HD remake. And I would take any of those options!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow, that was quick.

It could be a new Mario Strikers, or it could be something completely new for Next Level Games. Since they did so well reviving Punch-Out, how about they revive Ice Climber or Balloon Fighter?

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I'm placing my bets on a new Mario Strikers. I still believe Star Fox is at the hands of Retro and a new F-Zero is just being explored by the EAD. Chances are Retro is still in charge of Metroid, but I want to believe they're working on Star Fox now, they seem fit for the task.

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

Hm, i think it is either mario strikers U or mario football U. They had plans for it but never worked on the game so maybe they are going back to making it.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

We're due another Mario Football game imo, so that would be awesome. However, it would also be cool if they were reviving another old series, or even working on a new IP!

RCMADIAX

RCMADIAX said:

I would like to see a new entry in the Star Fox series, but I would rather see Retro work on that. Im dying for a new Wave Race, so hopefully someone at Nintendo is working on that!

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

A bold thought: Eternal Darkness II? I know it was originally made by Silicon Knights, but since that company is struggling, and Next Level just finished Luigi's Mansion, which is remotely similar ...

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I hope its either a star fox game or 3D donkey kong game in the vein of DK64 for Wii U. I just hope its not a mario sports game...

Nirosmir

Nirosmir said:

World Cup is next year and Mario Strikers is a Football game, so.....Why not another Mario Strikers game either for Wii U, 3DS or how about both!!!

siavm

siavm said:

Nintendo does not own them. They are independent. So the next game they could be working on could be for 720 or ps4. The last game they worked on before this was a multiplat game.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

Mario Strikers U would be great! I wonder if they'll stick with the gritty hardcore atmosphere of the game.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

I adored Punch-Out!!, and I'm super excited about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. The likelihood of me following this top secret game--whatever it'll be--is very strong indeed.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

A game like a Mario Strikers U would sound good. But imo, it would be really cool to see Next Level Games TACKLE a game in the RPG area. SAY for example like a TRUE SEQUEL to Super Mario RPG. Now I know that would NEVER happen in a million years, but to me, it's good to think about something like this every now and then. And besides, if it was a Mario Strikers game, then to some ppl, it may be football to some, but to others, it's just soccer.