Fire Emblem: Awakening Demo Questing To Europe On March 28th

Posted by Damien McFerran

You're having a Marth

Nintendo has confirmed that Europe will be getting a demo of Fire Emblem: Awakening on March 28th.

Intelligent Systems' insanely popular turn-based strategy title has already been released in Japan and North America. The US release has been the most successful in the history of the franchise for that particular region.

The full European release happens on April 19th. The game will be released alongside a limited edition 3DS hardware bundle, which comes with the game pre-installed — the same bundle which launched in North America recently.

We reviewed the North American version of the game a short while back, and said that "Fire Emblem: Awakening's tale of heroism, colourful cast of characters and richly rewarding gameplay are sure to sink their talons in for a very long time".

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

Two chapters will be enough for me to check this game. Still not sure about the game.

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

@MrSRArter:

Most games come out (much) earlier in the USA. Some EShop games are here still not released while the Americans are playing the game allready for months.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Oi, Mr article writer. The Europe 3DS Fire Emblem console bundle isn't the same as the North American one.
North America got a regular 3DS in the bundle, Europe is getting a 3DS XL.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I will be sure to drop you guys a line when the game comes out, I will be releasing a 30 track audio tribute to the music of "Fire Emblem" on the same day, April 19th.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Kyoto You won't want to transfer over as even though its the first two maps they don't show you everything plus you can't customize your character in the demo.

DePapier

DePapier said:

@Tech101 Ooowwww... Playing the early game and not having incentive in transferring is a no-go for me: after all, like @Sjoerd, this is the one game I don't need a demo for. ;) I'm a HUGE fan so I'd rather wait for the real game rather than be teased. ;) Thanks for the info!!

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

EU friends: This game is amazing. I've logged so many hours doing the main quest, side-quests, paralogues, DLC, ect... It is ridiculous. Easily 50+ hours and I'm not even done with the main quest yet. They aren't just filler hours either, they are time well spent with a very quality game. Enjoy it when it comes your way :D

daggdroppen

daggdroppen said:

niiice, finally =)

Exactly one year after japans release :P

better late than never!

Release Date:
19th Apr 2012 (JPN)
4th Feb 2013 (USA)
19th Apr 2013 (UK/EU)

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i dont think i will download this.

i just cant get into fire emblem. almost hate it.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@6ch6ris6 That's what a lot of people thought about this but at the very least give it a shot as it will reward you in the end. Excellent game!!

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Just picked up where I left off in Sacred Stones after a lull in all game-playing.
A demo usually drags me in but I also have Lego Undercover coming in soon and with the little time I have lately, it's going to be tough squeezing any amount of gaming in... but I'll try :)

Monsti

Monsti said:

Very good. Not sure about FE....they are usually way too complicated for my taste but I heard this one was easier to get into. So now I can at least give it a try.

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

@Prof_Elvin_Gadd That's the problem with this game, IT IS SO F-CKING ADDICTIVE!!!!! it reminds me a lot of fire emblem 7 for gba, just impossible to put down. I agree with the professor, even if you don´t want the dlc, THE GAME IS HUGE!!!!!, apart from the main quest, you have the paralogues, extra missions to the main quest and nintendo weekly sends you via wireless rare items for the main quest, and also extra teams from past fire emblems to battle and recruit characters from those teams. I just can´t put it down, it's my third run (this time on lunatic), and I can easily say that this is the best 3ds game released so far, yes, even beating Kid Icarus Uprising.

Shy_Kai

Shy_Kai said:

Been hearing a lot of people talk about this game but I've never played any Fire Emblem games, so I've been unsure. But since the demo for the game will be coming out here in Europe I will definately give it a try!

moroboshi

moroboshi said:

Nintendo Europe's delays are as absurd and indefensible as ever. It's no wonder sales are going nowhere and everyone has moved to iOS and PS3/Xbox.

RichieJohn

RichieJohn said:

I've heard so many good thing about this I'm just buying it. Not even going to touch the demo.

RichieJohn

RichieJohn said:

@moroboshi 8-4 have talked about how mammoth a task it was to localize the game just into English for America so I imagine it taking some time to (hopefully) do a good job for all of Europe.
It sucks but it's understandable.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Gonna download it just for the sake of raise new doubts about what to buy and what not in this crazy releases period XD

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

I live in New Zealand, which the demo wont be coming for ages, so I will just change my 3ds region settings to the UK or somewhere else in Europe so I can download it from the European e-shop :D