Capcom's Arcade Cabinet Games Could Be Hitting The 3DS

Posted by Damien McFerran

We're gonna party like it's 1943

A while back, we reported on Capcom Arcade Cabinet — a venture by the esteemed industry veteran to resurrect some of its coin-op classics. So far, the package has only been released on PS3 and Xbox 360, but a recent ESRB listing for vertically-scrolling shooter 1943 seems to suggest that the individual titles will be made available for the Nintendo 3DS, too.

The first pack consists of Black Dragon, 1943 and Avengers, but more games are expected to be added in the near future. The next trio of games is Ghosts n Goblins, Gun.Smoke, and Section Z — so there's a chance that all of these titles could be coming to the 3DS eShop soon.

Would you be interested in downloading some of these coin-guzzling gems on your 3DS? Let us know which titles you'd like to see by posting a comment.

[via gonintendo.com]

Savino

Savino said:

Thats strange, I played this on the ps3 and the only capcom ar ade that I remener here in Brazil was the 194x series and ghost and goblins!
I think capcom wasnt very famous around here until 1992 when SF2 arrived!

Will-75

Will-75 said:

If they are done in 3D it would be awesome there is just not enough of classic's done in 3D I mean there are a ton of classic titles that would be awesome in 3D . Sort of repeated myself there LoL .

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

Would they release in the same format (packs of three games that added themselves to this "compilation game") or would they come to the eShop as standalone titles? Do we know?

alandd

alandd said:

Got it on the 360. It's great fun. Was hoping to pick it up on the Wii u, but no news as yet.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Just got this on PSN and its a nice little collection. I wish they would have kept the remixed music from the Capcom arcade collection on PS2 and Xbox because Gun.Smoke had some sweet music.

1958Fury

1958Fury said:

The ones out so far, meh. But Capcom had a lot of cool arcade games back then, so they probably will eventually release a few I'm interested in.

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

Black Tiger is pretty good, but Avenger is NOT. They definitely have retained that quarter-munching difficulty. I don't know how raging wasn't so much worse back then.

Nareva

Nareva said:

I remember hours and hours of playing 1942 on the NES. 1943 was even better. It's been years since I've played either. If they showed up on the Wii U, I would definitely pick them up, but no plans to buy a 3DS at present.

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

Already own most of these on the PSP. Though this is still pretty cool for those who don't have access to the Capcom Classics collections.

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

I'll pick up 1943 and Gun.Smoke for sure. I wonder why they didn't bring out 1942 first? That game is a stone cold classic.

Nintendojuenger

Nintendojuenger said:

I prefer to play Gun.Smoke with an Arcade Stick. They should better release the HD-Remakes like Super Puzzle Fighter on Wii U.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

...or, more likely, Capcom is just bringing 1943 over from the old Wii Virtual Console Arcade (2006 - 2012, R.I.P.)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

It would be sweet to have some 90s arcade games like Darkstalkers, Warriors of Valor, Strider Hiryu, Aliens vs. Predator, Rival Schools, Final Fight, Street Fighter Alpha 3, etc. in the eShop too, Nintendo made the VC Arcade and yet Capcom and major arcade vendors never really gave it enough support.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

I remember earlier that Capcom already confirmed it for Wii U and 3DS or was that something else?(Im not talking about Monster Hunter) I feel like this is old news.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

@Five-seveN sega has not yet, space harrier will be in 3d so theirs still hope

The thing is if they do make them 3d they have to add something new, which is why i think nintendo has stopped doing it,
The staright ports sell well enough and they dont have to raise the price like the 3d classics even though there is no new content

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

Is this some form of collected edition? cause i allready have GnG does anyone call it that>? (ghots and goblins)?

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

The pricing they're using for PS3 would probably be the same on 3DS, and if that's the case then it's a rip. I have literally all the games in this 'cabinet' in their 2 compilation games on PSP at much cheaper prices. Buying all these games in the cabinet will cost a whole lot more. I guess it's good if you don't have a PSP, but if you have a PSP/Vita, you have a much better alternative.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

I once got to the last boss of 1943 on a single quarter. That game has 19 levels. I probably don't need to own that game unless I've decided to give up on any other plans I may have.

asusanto

asusanto said:

Are they basically the same contents with Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 for PS2 system in a while back ?!

luminalace

luminalace said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. While I hope it comes out, Capcom's decisions to release or not release games on platforms never seem to make any sense.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@asusanto;
Dunno about the PS2 versions, but the PSP Reloaded and Remixed games have all the ones listed in Arcade Cabinet. I have both of those.

audiobrainiac

audiobrainiac said:

I would LOVE to see Aliens VS Predator 1994 Arcade, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter Alpha Collection, Street Fighter II HD Edition, Megaman X collection, Dark Stalkers Collection, Marvel VS Capcom 1 and 2, and Strider, all in 3D. That would be my dream. Highly unlikely yes, but thats what i would want. I'd buy the hell outta those games.