Call of Duty: Black Ops II Patch On The Way

Posted by Andy Green

Should be available before the month is out

Activision has prepared a patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops II that should be released fairly soon, possibly before the end of the month.

According to a forum entry posted earlier in the week, the publisher has submitted the patch to Nintendo where it is currently being tested.

There's no set date yet on the update's release, but it surely can't be too far away now. Speaking in the post, one of the developers said:

Once Nintendo supplies us with a date that we can expect the patch to go live, I will publish another update. Sometimes they give us a few days warning, sometimes they give us a few hours warning.

Have you been experiencing any issues with Call of Duty: Black Ops II? Let us know in the comments below.

[via community.callofduty.com, nintendoeverything.com]

RogueBologna

RogueBologna said:

Sweet! They have already done quite a few very tiny patches so do they only need to go through Nintendo if it's a larger one?

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I hope this patch lets me press the home menu button during Zombies or in the main multiplayer lobby.

techwiz97

techwiz97 said:

My Wii U freezes frequently during a game and is conpletely unresponsive. I HAVE to unplug it from the wall. I hope this will be fixed. And letting us go to the home menu from the multiplayer menu.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

What techwiz 97said above also happens to me, but like only once or twice per month. I wish they threw "Nuketown" in the patch for free....

Vehemont

Vehemont said:

@techwiz97 I have the same problems you have stated above, and I too also wish I could have access to the home menu when playing multiplayer or zombies, but no, if I want to check to see if I have friends online or Miiverse I have to leave the multiplayer menu and go to the campaign menu. It is all just very annoying, and I hope the patch also decreases load times as well.

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

@techwiz97 It happens to me, too. It's so annoying that I have to unplug the ac cable from the console everytime it freezes. Plus home menu accessibility in both multiplayer and zombies modes is a very welcome addition.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I do hope they sort out the crashing (esp. in AC3) but it's no worse than PC gaming and probably still better than my first few PS3 games.

aronatvw

aronatvw said:

Well trine 2 's patch allowed multiple updates one being voice chat, and its through the gamepad Mic, monster hunter will have the same kind of voice chat support, hopefully after swing this is possible they do that for black ops! It's silly not to.

SKYW4LK3R

SKYW4LK3R said:

If your modem supports wi-fi protected I strongly recommend you setup your connection with it and don't use a usb adapter and you should be just fine...My Wii U never froze...

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Good, the online is terrible atm. I haven't played it in a while because of this. If the patch doesn't fix the online issues I have, I'm trading this sucker!

AceTrainerAndy

AceTrainerAndy said:

My biggest problem is sometimes what I see on my screen is not what happened on the killcam. That pisses me off.

UnrealDan

UnrealDan said:

Yes! Please fix the random freezing and also allow us to open the home menu while in game!

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Ocassional freeze as frequent as @Shiryu

+1 for Home button to work when in MP but not in a lobby...

Not found USB ethernet to be a root cause - had lock up with WiFi too, generally as MP menu launches, occasionally on host migration.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

i hope it fixes a couple of things in multi-player. I have ran into things that shouldn't happen. But I have seen some people on Mii Verse that have asked for hacks, and that have said they was in a hacked lobby where they were ranking up against bots in a custom made match!

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@AceTrainerAndy yea, they always had that in all COD games. Plus people don't show up on your screen sometimes when they are there. I had some people pop in to my screen also. People on Mii Verse say its my connection, but i rarely have lag and usually 3 to 5 bars.

krunchykhaos

krunchykhaos said:

Activision heres a.solution, DROP THE HOST CONNNECTION BS. this isnt 2004 anymore. If EA can do it so can you.

Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya said:

Pistols. Fix the sodding pistols.
That KAP-40 may as well be an SMG.

And besides reporting cheaters, boosters etc Get Campers added to that list. While you're at it, implement an insta-death if you stay motionless for 20-30 seconds or get the radar from Gun Game into TDM. And prone droppers, well they need a slap.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

In single player I encountered an endless amount of glitches. Particularly when you die and respawn at the last checkpoint. Let's just say the game didn't technically finish loading yet. That causes many imediate oddities.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Maybe the patch is needed to "unlock" premium DLC. That'd be nice since that Revolution map pack is just around the corner.

ArkOne77

ArkOne77 said:

For the love of GOD.......why is it so hard to establish a party!?!?! Constantly get errors when sending , receiving a party invite and trying to join friends for a match or two! Voice chat is ridiculous too. Everything i was saying was pinging back like an annoying parrot after i would say it. Home menu fix would be nice too.... I have also had a couple hard freezes as well. Add Nuketown 2025!

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

I have had about 2 locks up since I bought the game, not game breaking though, I play this a lot.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

What is the patch supposed to fix? Will it increase framerate dropping? I would assume not, but that's about the biggest gripe I'd have...

Makkiez

Makkiez said:

Same issue as most people here Game freezes. Overall there's nut much trouble. However i would like to be abel to press the ''Home button'' when in Multiplayer since you can only do that when in Singel player.