XSEED Hints at Rune Factory 4 Localisation

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The big tease

The thing about developers and publishers being on social networks is that they have another means to poke and tease us gamers. Gone are the days of big announcements being exclusively in gaming magazines, and now we have pre-announcement hints of teasers. Still, it sure keeps us interested.

The latest publisher to join in is XSEED, which was asked about the possibility of localising Rune Factory 4, the 3DS title that arrived in Japan back in July. Its response suggested that it's certainly interested in the idea.

Hmmm, we’ve had an itch to work on another Rune Factory game since we loved Frontier so much, so let’s see if we can’t grab a back scratcher somehow…

Rune Factory: Frontier for Wii was released by XSEED in North America back in 2009, while the company also published The Last Story in the region this year. With that in mind, this tease could become a reality, though PAL region gamers will probably need to hope that another publisher picks up the slack outside of North America.

Are any of you Rune Factory fans excited by this possible localisation?

[via facebook.com, nintendoeverything.com]

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Hm, I've never played Rune Factory before, but I did enjoy XSEED's work on Solatorobo. I think I'll keep an eye on this.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

Heck yeah I'm excited Thomas! Thanks for the heads up buddy. I'd definitely pick that up if it came to NA

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

I've felt the need to try the series...

Let's see how this game is if its carried over.

undomiel

undomiel said:

Count me in on the excitement too! I've loved the Rune Factory series since the first one came out.

HideyoshiUWO

HideyoshiUWO said:

Im extremely excited by this! ever since i played frontier iv played the rest of the series and been hooked ever since! has become my fav series by far.

iroxursox

iroxursox said:

yes plz almost all the games they publish for nintendo are awesome solatorobo, last story, plus rune factory!!!!!

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

Yeah, it'd be great if the title gets a release beyond JP. I like the cover art as well.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

I'm currently plowing my way through Rune Factory 3, which is amazing. They've incorporated even more traditional Harvest Moon elements into it which is a good thing. From what I've seen so far, Rune Factory 4 is bound to be epic!
I remember one of the developers saying "3D snowfall is a sight to see". I'm really looking forward to this and, keeping in mind that xseed games have localized even less popular titles in the past, this certainly looks like it's going to happen!
Day-one-purchase for me :)

AVahne

AVahne said:

Buying unchained blades whenever they finally release the 3ds version, but I want this even more!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

^Yes.

This news has made my day...You don't want to know how excited I'd be if they actually announced it. :P

RR529

RR529 said:

I'll keep my eyes out, although I'm not too sure, with all the time it's taking them to release Unchained Blades.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

@RR529 Hey, that's Nintendo's doing, not XSeed's. Don't knock XSeed for something they have no control over. The game is done, Nintendo's just not showing ANY interest in getting it out over the eShop anytime soon.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

i'll get it if it comes to canada though i would be walking into it blindly as my first runescape game though

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I have never played one of these, although I was interested in the Wii one for a while.

I still appreciate how Xseed picks up games we would never have otherwise. Here I have Solatorobo, Fragile Dreams and The Last Story, thanks to them.

machomuu

machomuu said:

Rune Factory 3, I believe, is one of the best DS games on the system, and probably the best of the Action games on the systems. I really hope this one will exceed RF3, especially given the exponentially enhanced potential.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

This is great news. The rest of the series was localized so I never really had any doubt about this one, and XSEED being known for localizing games other publishers wouldn't give a second thought is even more promising.

Maybe this would be a good time to finish my second play through of RF3 and finally get around to picking-up Tides of Destiny. Anyone who hasn't played a RF game, if you like Harvest Moon and action/RPGs like ys or the Mana series you'll probably love this since it has the best of both.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

I hope not, it would be a shame for Marvelous to backstab Natsume who helped build the Harvest Moon,Rune Factory and other Marvelous franchises here in the states.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@ecco6t9 Um, Marvelous Entertainment has had a partnership with XSEED since 2008. Besides, I'd much rather XSEED, the second best localization company in the United States, got ahold of it instead of s***ty Natsume, especially after the great job XSEED did with Frontier, and the sub-par job Natsume did with Tides of Destiny.

CerealKiller062

CerealKiller062 said:

I don't care who publishes, although I do like the xseed dubs better. I love this series, I have been with it since I first heard it was a spin off of harvest moon.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I've only played the first Rune Factory. It came nowhere close to hooking me in the same way Harvest Moon on the SNES and N64 did. I do want to give it another chance though.

mirnkaya

mirnkaya said:

Rune factory 4 is brilliant so its certainly worthy of localization. It's the first one in the series I've played, and I love every minute of it. I've already invested dozens of hours in it - there is always something fun and interesting to do. It even utilizes Play Coins (which you can turn daily to in-game money at an ever-changing exchange rate...)

edhe

edhe said:

I had Rune Factory 3, but I didn't play it much, and I returned it recently.

The voice acting was atrocious, and I think I'd rather have a definitive Harvest Moon game than a Rune Factory.

Windy

Windy said:

No matter how much I try to like the Rune Factories I just don't. I bought the first 3 and each time I play them about 4 hours each and then kinda go Bleh! to much work for a want to be RPG

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I have bought each Rune Factory on DAY ONE, this would be no different. I love the series.

RiuSakurazaki

RiuSakurazaki said:

I hope XSEED does it. They do a good job in finding the right voices. I don't want nightmares of Rune Factory 2 voices.....Plus I've got every Rune Factory and I bought a 3DS just for this game. I guess I'll have to play Harvest Moon: A New Beginning to hold me off.