New 3DS Sizzle Reels Show Their Wares

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Upbeat music included

After yesterday's Nintendo Direct broadcast, we've seen a gradual release of trailers to show some of the biggest titles on the way. We've already enjoyed juicy footage from some prominent retail games, but we reckon that plenty of people still enjoy some good old-fashioned sizzle reels. Sometimes one game per trailer isn't enough, so Nintendo has released two videos showing much of what's coming to 3DS in the coming months.

Courtesy of Nintendo of America, below are the 3DS and eShop sizzle reels, showing off some popular as well as lesser-known titles; all with an upbeat backing track. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Konata

Konata said:

I really enjoyed watching the 3DS Retail sizzle reel.
Especially the little bit about Luigis mansion!
I almost forgot about that game....

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'm surprised the 3DS sizzle reel said E-E10+ as I'm pretty sure Fire emblem: Awakening, Etrian odyssey IV and Castlevania: Lords of shadow: Mirror of fate will be T rated. Those were great trailers anyway and the music was awesome!

Out of the games in the 3DS sizzle reel, I plan on getting Paper Mario: Sticker star, Professor Layton and the Miracle mask and Luigi's mansion: Dark moon. As for the eshop games I plan on getting Liberation maide and Wario land II (I know those are already out in Europe but I don't have them yet) and I might get Super Mario bros. The lost levels and Ikachan. Tokyo crash mob looks pretty weird.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

I really shouldn't have just watched that. I need to stop eating for a few months to pay for all the 3DS games I now want...

RR529

RR529 said:

Tokyo Crash Mobs for me. I've been intrigued by it ever since I saw it on NOJ's website months ago, but I never thought it'd get a western release. Good news indeed.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Adventure Time: HIKWYSOG!?
Fire Emblem Awakening
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Animal Crossing New Leaf

Scribblenauts, Professor Layton, and Monster Hunter are still under consideration but are leaning heavily to the YES side.

also Animal Crossing wasnt even in that video, awell I still added it because its coming soon! :D

sandwhich

sandwhich said:

It's bizarre that they didn't even mention Virtue's Last Reward. It's one of the best scoring games of the year (9.5 from IGN, and much more) and it just came out for their system.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I'm officially done with PS3, I will be forever occupied on Wii U & 3DS if they keep hauling in hit games like these!!! :D

Ultranintendofanboy

Ultranintendofanboy said:

Its neat but the games will be expensive like no tomorrow and why the heck doesnt nintendo acept nintendo club points in exchange for money in eshop like in wii or dsi? now thats retarded!

by the way the music sucks XD

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Nice set of games, but I'm only getting Luigi's Mansion 2 , Paper Mario and maybe Epic Mickey 2. Layton has already arrived. Scribblenauts and maybe Sonic and SEGA I'm getting on the Wii U whilst LEGO Lord of the Rings on the Wii. I am impressed with how they all look on the 3DS though.

Just bring me Project X Zone, Prof Layton vs Pheonix Wright localized in the EU please.

Windy

Windy said:

ETRIAN ODYSSEY!

How is everyone Liking what they see with Castlevania? I'm having a hard time looking at it. i'm a longtime fan especially of the DraculaX game from the PCEngine. Normally this would be a Day One purchase for me but I dont know looking at Videos of this Version for 3DS. I did like shinobi quite a bit so maybe things will be alright with Castlevania